« Older   Newer »
arielcips
view post Posted on 24/5/2008, 11:12 by: arielcips

He's a lion that I am proud to hunt

Group:
Administrator

Comunque a chi non riuscisse a leggere bene:

Gerard Butler's favorite things

The hunky 300 actor, 38, loves secret agents, spiritual getaways and Scottish scenery...

Iceland
Iceland is an amazing country and has one of the most impressive landscapes I've ever seen. I find it a very calming place - except for the weather, which is insane. One minute the sun's shining and the next it's freezing cold because a storm's blown in. The people are amazing, too - they're so friendly, inspiring, smart, warm and also really spiritual.

Lena Headey
Lena Heady, who I worked with on 300, is a very cool lady. She has a really classically beautiful face but, because she's a northern lass, when she's out she'll be dancing around, jumping about and drinking beer like one of the guys. That's my kind of girl!

Frank Miller
Frank Miller's graphic novels are great. I only really got into him through the film Sin City. When I saw that, I thought, "I wish I was doing something like that." Then a couple of months later I was filming 300, so it was a dream come true.

James Bond
I'm a huge fan of 007 because I grew up with Bond. I love the character of James because, historically, he's such an iconic figure. It was nice to be considered for the part, even if just in the press, because it's a great, fun, cool, sexy role. Who doesn't want to be that guy?

Celtic
I'm a Paisley boy, so I should support St. Mirren, but I'm actually a Celtic supporter. I've supported them since I was eight when I switched allegiance. It was partly to rebel against my brother, because he supported St. Mirren, but also they were more sucessful than St. Mirren, so I spent less time in depression!

Bent
One of my favorite albums is The Everlasting Blink by Bent. They're not a very well-known band but they should be - this album's great! Few albums stay with me for a long time, but I can play this again and again and not get bored with it.

Beowulf
This is one of the most fascinating, unusual books I've ever read. The poem is about pure good versus pure evil and creates such emotion. You don't often get characters like Beowulf - the archetypal hero who's also very human and takes responsibility for his actions. It was great to play him in the 2007 movie of the same name.

The Highlands
I love London and LA, but Scotland is where my heart is. As a child, I spent a lot of time up the west coast and roaming around the Highlands with my family. Walking through all those beautiful hills and valleys, which are filled with such great history, was very inspiring. I've appreciated that sort of scenery ever since.

787 replies since 3/4/2008, 12:42   17603 views