Articoli e Interviste

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 15/10/2014, 19:00

He's a lion that I am proud to hunt

Group:
Administrator

In questo articolo,appena uscito,Gerry rivela che da ragazzo voleva somigliare a Danny di Grease...e che quando ha viaggiato tra India e Nepal ha indossato sarong e turbanti...(sai che spettacolo!)

http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/esmaga...ry-9796676.html

‘I wore sarongs in the Himalayas. I looked like Lawrence of Arabia’ - Gerard Butler, 44, actor

Last year Gerard Butler made his first fashion faux pas. He turned up at the Wimbledon men’s final in a sky-blue suit and sat next to Bradley Cooper, whose suit was a similarly pale shade. Twitter nearly crashed when the pair posted a bromantic, matchy-matchy selfie. ‘We were saying, “How cool, we’re at the Wimbledon final!” ’ he says in his rugged Scottish brogue, a bit embarrassed. ‘It was so exciting, we had to document the moment.’

Butler’s gruff, unshaven look has caught the attention of copycats the world over. ‘Ido the least grooming possible. I can be ready for an event in six minutes, shower included.’ He has played roles as diverse as King Leonadis in 300 to a former NYPD detective in the romcom The Bounty Hunter, opposite Jennifer Aniston, with whom he went out after romancing her on set. He dated Leonardo DiCaprio’s ex, the Romanian model Madalina Ghenea, until earlier this year and although Butler claims he hasn’t yet met his ‘princess’, he’s recently been enjoying the Malibu sun paddleboarding with his new girlfriend, a mystery brunette.

Butler isn’t all brawn, though; he has a sensitive side and his holidays always combine adventure with spirituality: ‘I went to India and motorbiked through the Himalayas, camping on top of mountains. I wore sarongs and turbans — I looked like Lawrence of Arabia in sunglasses.’ The sarong, however, is now in the back of his wardrobe at home in LA. He’s not planning to make the same mistake as David Beckham: ‘I don’t know if it works with my beard,’ he jokes. The rugged image caught the attention of Hugo Boss and he is the new face of its fragrance Boss Bottled.

To relax, Butler takes off on his Harley-Davidson along the Pacific Coast Highway and into the Santa Monica Mountains. ‘You feel like you’re in Tuscany, lost in beautiful farmland. It’s like you move into another time,’ he says. On his bike he wears a waxed leather Belstaff jacket and heavy-duty jeans. He’s always liked the biker look: when he was growing up in Paisley in Scotland he wanted to look like Danny from Grease, so he made his mother spend hours scraping back his hair with wax. ‘I was like, “Mum, get it right,” but being a T-bird wasn’t for me.’

He is also about to usurp Russell Crowe as Hollywood’s hottest hero, playing Set, god of the desert, storms and fire, in the upcoming blockbuster Gods of Egypt, co-starring Geoffrey Rush.

Butler’s broad shoulders and rock-hard physique are the result of some serious weightlifting in preparation for the role. ‘I spent a lot of time with spears and 8ft hammers in my hand,’ he says. ‘Any time you’re holding a lethal weapon you have to look like you can do pretty much anything with it.’ While filming in Sydney he’d practise on Bondi Beach: ‘People gave me weird looks, but they’d also be like, “Dude. That’s as cool as hell.” ’ - HN

Gerard Butler is the face of Boss Bottled

view post Posted on 16/10/2014, 10:48

Group:
Moderatore globale

CITAZIONE
quando ha viaggiato tra India e Nepal ha indossato sarong e turbanti...(sai che spettacolo!)

:ahah:
Devo dire però che ce lo vedo bene...l'occhio un pò marcato con la matita(stile Attila)... :occhilucidi:
CITAZIONE
To relax, Butler takes off on his Harley-Davidson along the Pacific Coast Highway and into the Santa Monica Mountains. ‘You feel like you’re in Tuscany, lost in beautiful farmland.

Gerry,please,non esageriamo...paragonare il paesaggio toscano con quello californiano...

view post Posted on 16/11/2014, 23:57

Group:
Moderatore globale

Nel backsytage degli Hollywood Film Awards Gerry ha svelato cosa gli ha regalato Morgan per il suo compleanno...è proprio la donna giusta, non vi pare? :P

Gerard Butler's new girlfriend gave him burlesque dancers for 45th birthday

That's one confident girlfriend!
Scottish actor Gerard Butler celebrated his 45th birthday on Nov. 13 with a dinner party at Los Angeles' famed Little Door restaurant. But despite the elegant, low-key venue, his bash was anything but tame.

"My girlfriend brought in a couple of burlesque dancers," Butler told reporters backstage at the star-studded Hollywood Film Awards on Nov. 14 of the gift he received from new love Morgan Brown. "It was really entertaining. It was really cool, actually. They just came out. They did a little song. They were amazing."

The notorious ladies' man has been dating interior designer Brown, a former model, since this summer. "She's the best, by the way," he told reporters.

Butler has a history of celebrating his birthday with unique entertainment. "When I have my birthday thing, I've had mentalists. I've had a body contortionist, the best pianists. I even had I even got John Mayer up on stage one year," he added.
(e Mayer ce lo ricordiamo, ndr)

Butler made his remarks at CBS's first broadcast of the Hollywood Film Awards, a prize-fest that industry experts say is meant to compete with the Golden Globes, where he accepted an animation award on behalf of his film "How To Train Your Dragon 2."

http://www.wonderwall.com/movies/gerard-bu...y-1848837.story

view post Posted on 10/12/2014, 16:44

Group:
Administrator

Una bella intervista sul Natale secondo gerry:

www.ahlanlive.com/christmas-with-gerard-butler-539381.html

CHRISTMAS WITH GERARD BUTLER!
He's the face of the new Boss Bottled campaign and one of Ahlan!'s favourite (read hottest) actors of all time. So luckily for us then that we got to have an exclusive chat with the Scottish stunner about his Christmas and New Year plans this season. We're hoping it involves us and a lot of mistletoe...
Naomi Chadderton MONDAY, 08 DECEMBER 2014

Christmas with Gerard Butler!
Gerard Butler for Boss Bottled Campaign
You’re Scottish – do you go home for Christmas?

I almost always go home for either Christmas or New Year. A couple of times actually I’ve been skiing instead but I always make it home for one of the two. The year was actually the first year I didn’t for 14 years because I had to stay and get four procedures done, all from injuries in movies. But on Christmas Day I did spend literally three hours on the phone from my home in LA with every member of my family, one at a time.

So would you say you enjoy all the traditions that come with Christmas?

Yes it’s quite traditional; the whole family get together. There’s normally about 12-15 of us and we have a big Christmas dinner at my mother’s house so everyone comes up to the Highlands of Scotland. It’s my favourite part of the year; it’s the time that the whole clan come together. You celebrate each other and you catch up on everything. And I actually think Scotland is beautiful at Christmas – it’s cold but I’m in the Highlands so often it’s snowing; it’s very magical. And then the big Christmas dinner brings back so much of my childhood.

Gerard Butler for Boss

Describe your perfect Christmas Day?

When I was a kid we all used to go to my aunt May’s house. If somebody had said to me, “You’re not going to aunt May’s house this year,” I would have thrown a fit because I looked forward to that experience all year.

Do you remember your best ever Christmas present growing up?

It was probably a sled that my uncle made, a proper wooden one, but he made it with his own hands which always just amazed me. And he brought it to our house and I had so much fun in it. It just always meant so much more that he’d made it with his bare hands.

Would you say that you’re organised when buying Christmas presents, or do you leave it until the last minute?

Throughout the year if I see something that I think would be good or if someone drops a hint, like they often do, I’ll get it early. Other than that it’s normally a last minute dash, I often find myself at my mother’s house with her helping me wrap the last of the presents. Every year I say next year, I’m going to start earlier, but it never happens. And on maybe the two occasions that it has, in actual fact it’s fun, it’s good to be rid of that stress and know that it’s all in order.

Do you indulge over the Christmas period?

Whenever I go home I eat very well, but at Christmas it just gets ridiculous. We pig out and sit around and play games and watch a lot of TV and films, so I splurge there.

What scent reminds you of Christmas?

When you’re outside and it’s really fresh up in the Highlands and it’s snowing and it’s really cold. That’s the small that reminds me of Christmas because the time that I’m always home in the winter is at Christmas, so that feels very Christmassy.

Boss Bottled Collectors Edition

Do you think fragrance makes a good gift?

Fragrance is a great Christmas gift, I’m often given it myself and I often give it to other people. You can actually really tailor a fragrance to a person. Half the excitement is, did you get it right? It’s such a personal thing and you know that if you get it right it’s going to be on them, it’s going to be part of them for a while. I think you have an emotional response to fragrances. For the very reason that I like to wear them and I like the smell them on somebody else, then I think it’s a nice gift.

Do you host any Christmas parties?

I have done in the past, but when I go back to Scotland it’s just the family – they’re hosting me a lot. A lot of the time is spent catching up with the few hundred relatives I have spread out over the country.

Do you make New Year’s Resolutions?

I do make New Year’s resolutions and it’s such a great time to make them, coming into the New Year with a new energy and a new beginning. I can’t say I stick to all of them, but I do try and think of them on a daily basis.

view post Posted on 11/12/2014, 01:35

Group:
Moderatore globale

bello questo articolo :wub:
CITAZIONE

When I was a kid we all used to go to my aunt May’s house. If somebody had said to me, “You’re not going to aunt May’s house this year,” I would have thrown a fit because I looked forward to that experience all year.

Do you remember your best ever Christmas present growing up?

It was probably a sled that my uncle made, a proper wooden one, but he made it with his own hands which always just amazed me. And he brought it to our house and I had so much fun in it. It just always meant so much more that he’d made it with his bare hands.

Zio Butler e Zia Butler :occhilucidi:
(Puccio dove sei :lol: )

view post Posted on 22/12/2014, 14:58

Group:
Moderatore globale

una nuova intervista che sarà sul numero di Gennaio di Red Uk ;) :D
(grazie alle Gals)
Dichiarazioni di un certo livello sul suo prossimo passo con Morgan :o: Sempre se ci crede davvero stavolta... ;)

jpg

jpg

jpg

Edited by sabrinta - 22/12/2014, 20:01

view post Posted on 12/12/2015, 16:18

Group:
Moderatore globale

Una bella intervista a tema natalizio (da cui è tratta la foto in home) :D Chissà se quest'anno porterà Morgan a casa di mammà (e di zia May)?

A Christmas Conversation with Gerard Butler

Unveiled last year by BOSS Parfums at its new fragrance ambassador for BOSS BOTTLED, Gerard Butler personifies the modern day masculinity at the heart of its ad campaign – the belief that today's men are the best they have ever been.
With the holiday season already upon us, we find out from the Hollywood star, who is set to have a very busy 2016 as he features in several blockbusters in coming year, what Christmas means to him.

Would you say you enjoy all the traditions that come with Christmas?
Yes it's quite traditional; the whole family get together. There’s normally about 12-15 of us and we have a big Christmas dinner at my mother’s house, so everyone comes up to the Highlands of Scotland.
It's my favourite part of the year; it’s the time that the whole clan come together. You celebrate each other, and you catch up on everything. And I actually think Scotland is beautiful at Christmas, it’s cold but I’m in the Highlands, so often it’s snowing; it’s very magical. And then the big Christmas dinner brings back so much of my childhood.

When I was a kid we all used to go to my aunt May’s house. If somebody had said to me, “You’re not going to aunt May’s house this year”, I would have thrown a fit because I looked forward to that experience all year.

Do you leave Christmas shopping to the last minute?

Throughout the year if I see something that I think would be good or if someone drops a hint, like they often do, I’ll get it early.
Other than that it’s normally a last minute dash, I often find myself at my mother’s house with her helping me wrap the last of the presents. Every year I say next year, I’m going to start earlier, but it never happens. And on maybe the two occasions that it has, in actual fact it's fun, it’s good to be rid of that stress and know that it’s all in order.

Do you indulge over the Christmas period?
Whenever I go home I eat very well, but at Christmas it just gets ridiculous. We pig out and sit around and play games and watch a lot of TV and films, so I splurge there.

What scent reminds you of Christmas?
When you're outside and it’s really fresh up in the Highlands and it’s snowing and it’s really cold. That’s the smell that reminds me of Christmas because the time that I’m always home in the winter is at Christmas, so that feels very Christmassy.

Do you think fragrance makes a good Christmas gift?

Fragrance is a great Christmas gift, I’m often given it myself and I often give it to other people. You can actually really tailor a fragrance to a person.
Half the excitement is, did you get it right? It's such a personal thing and you know that if you get it right it’s going to be on them, it’s going to be part of them for a while. I think you have an emotional response to fragrances. For the very reason that I like to wear them and I like to smell them on somebody else, then I think it's a nice gift.

Do you make New Year’s resolutions?
I do make New Year's resolutions and it’s such a great time to make them, coming into the New Year with a new energy and a new beginning.
I can't say I stick to all of them, but I do try and think of them on a daily basis.

http://senatus.net/article/christmas-conve...-gerard-butler/

view post Posted on 12/9/2016, 13:36

Group:
Moderatore globale

Bella intervista a Gerry(rilasciata in una stanza giochi per bambini dell'aeroporto :P ) in occasione della premiere di The Headhunter's Calling in cui Gerry esprime anche un parere sul flop di GOE

'The Headhunter's Calling' Star Gerard Butler Talks Latest Passion Project And 'Gods of Egypt' Failure -- Toronto

At an airport in London, unable to find a quiet space to chat, Gerard Butler retreats to an abandoned children’s playroom, without a chair to accommodate his frame. Possessing a sharp and generous sense of humor, manifest particularly in his independent features, and rom-coms like The Ugly Truth, Butler is quick to find the laughs in an absurd situation. The actor has just completed filming on Hunter Killer, a submarine action thriller, opposite a couple of his acting idols—Gary Oldman and Michael Nyqvist—and as he begins his journey to the Toronto International Film Festival, in support of his latest prestige indie drama, Butler actually finds that he’s exactly where he wants to be.

Featuring Alison Brie and a couple dramatic heavies, including Willem Dafoe and Alfred Molina, The Headhunter’s Calling stars Butler as Dane Jensen, an acerbically witted, self-absorbed and viciously competitive headhunter who struggles in the pursuit of a work-life balance, working incessantly to support his family, while at the same time losing any real connection to them as a result of his myopic view. When tragedy strikes the family, Jensen must do an about-face and examine the unhappy life he’s been living.

In Dane Jensen, Butler saw the opportunity and the challenge, as with several previous roles, of taking on a character with a lesson to learn—someone who begins his arc as a roundly unsympathetic figure and must earn his way back into good standing with an audience. “It’s rare to get the chance to play a character who does push the envelope so far, in terms of being ballsy, aggressive, lacking compassion—being insensitive towards his family, being selfish, egotistical, bullying at work,” Butler shares. “And especially in this situation, when it turns out that his kid is actually sick, and hasn’t been provided the kind of love and attention that he so badly needs from his father. To go from that extreme to the polar opposite, where he develops a more holistic attitude to his life, and discovers really his true soul and heart—that was a really fun challenge to take on, and something that you always had to be cognizant of.”
Gerard Butler - The Headhunter's Calling.jpeg
“It’s rare to get the chance to play a character who does push the envelope so far, in terms of being ballsy, aggressive, lacking compassion,” Butler says.

Part of the reason the actor identified so much with the story and the part related to his pre-Hollywood former life as a law student, and a reflection on what his life might have been like if he had landed in a corporate arena similar to Dane’s. “If I carried on as a lawyer—what I was faced with, as well as having some personal issues, in terms of not fulfilling my purpose, and therefore not being very happy in my life…I understood that that world was not for me, and that I could see myself 40 years down the line, thinking, ‘This is not what I wanted to achieve in my life,’” Butler shares. “And I think that’s the same kind of existential crisis that Dane is going through, where he knows he has this purpose—and it’s to win and it’s to sell—but he’s kind of forgotten why he’s doing that.”

A passion project of Butler’s for many years, from a script by hot Hollywood scribe Bill Dubuque (The Accountant)—who based the script on his own previous life as a headhunter—the film was eventually packaged in foreign pre-sales via Butler’s star power, with the actor taking on producer duties, a method of business that has worked for a charm for Butler in allowing him to carve out a unique resume, alternating as he so desires between the blockbuster actioner and the indie darling. “I feel like it’s worked very, very nicely for me so far, because I’ve always been very successful in foreign markets,” Butler says.

In finding the overall shape of his career, “I don’t know if I have an overall plan. I think I generally move along as I’m feeling what I need to sustain my soul,” he admits. “There’s a lot to be said for making bigger movies: they’re very fun to make, and to bring together. But then there comes a time where I feel like I really need to tell a story that speaks to my soul—that pushes me to create a more rounded, colorful character. That’s what happened with this movie.”

Working closely in prep on The Headhunter’s Calling with Mark Williams, who was making his feature directorial debut, Butler says that the tearjerker got a few out of him, and Williams too—a mark of identification that allowed him to put his trust in an unknown variable. “It’s perhaps a little bit pathetic, but we both talked with such passion about how touched we were by (the script),” Butler says, in earnest. “I could just see that he wanted to tell this story for all the right reasons, because it does have such heart and is so profoundly inspirational, and yet it is also very challenging.”

As a film producer, Butler’s responsibilities vary from film to film—though in the case of Headhunter, the actor enjoyed going all-in. Beyond helping to secure the initial financing—bringing the film together very quickly, with several offers immediately after the package was put out to the world—Butler would sit down with line producers at production meetings, and took part in a long and arduous casting process. For Butler, who enjoys the puzzle of it all, part of the joy is also being able to hone his skills and awareness as an actor. “I’m always surprised when an actor can say, ‘Well maybe we don’t need this scene, or we can take this away,’” he offers. “I’ll never forget the first time—it was Law Abiding Citizen—they took me into a meeting and I was told, ‘OK, now you’re going to learn.’” Though Butler prefers to work within the more creative side of producing, in developing, the naturally charismatic, gregarious actor is returning to Toronto this year, in part, to mingle with a wide assortment of film financiers, in hopes of securing the funds for the next passion project.

On the subject of the bottom line, while “running out of oxygen” in the kids’ room, Butler takes a moment to reflect on February’s Gods of Egypt, February’s sword-and-sandal actioner that made the critical error of crossing Deadpool. A major critical and commercial failure for Butler, the film was the actor’s first swing at a film budgeted at over $100 million—though he mentions that his part in the film is smaller than the marketing materials might suggest. “Listen, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, and I know a lot of people enjoyed it, too. You win some and you lose some,” Butler says.

“I do feel I had certain issues with how it turned out in its fullness—but it showed me, yeah, for sure, that there’s just no safety anymore in this industry,” he adds. “You can’t just spend big budgets, or even show some pretty splendid special effects. And by the way, sometimes even a good story doesn’t work. It’s a very high-risk industry right now.”

The Headhunter’s Calling has its world premiere at TIFF this Wednesday, September 14 at 9:30 PM.

http://deadline.com/2016/09/gerard-butler-...iew-1201816205/

787 replies since 3/4/2008, 12:42   17603 views