Rocknrolla - Articoli e interviste

« Older   Newer »
boleroazul
view post Posted on 2/7/2008, 21:32

Basta sfilate, Ge....fila di corsa al Comicon!!!

view post Posted on 8/7/2008, 08:10

He's a lion that I am proud to hunt

Group:
Administrator

Ecco il testo leggibile dell'intervista pubblicata su Total Film:

(Vorrei che leggesse questa intervista quella matta che lo reputa una persona immatura...)

view post Posted on 8/7/2008, 10:37

Group:
Moderatore globale

CITAZIONE
(Vorrei che leggesse questa intervista quella matta che lo reputa una persona immatura...)

dicesi,parlare a vanvera... <_<

è proprio una bella intervista! :occhilucidi:

view post Posted on 18/7/2008, 18:45

Group:
Administrator

qui c'è una breve recenzione in attesa della presentazione al Comicon:

view post Posted on 21/7/2008, 11:24

Group:
Administrator

In questo articolo dedicato alla relazione coniugale di Madonna e Guy Ritchie(della quale a noi interessa...un fico secco...!) viene spiegato però(incredibile???) il motivo del titolo del film...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...red-carpet.html

‘Guy expects her to be at the premiere. He has put so much into this project. RocknRolla is actually named after their children Rocco and Lola.’

Non so se crederci o no...

view post Posted on 25/7/2008, 07:17

Group:
Administrator

Qui abbiamo la trascrizione dell'intero incontro...ma dovete partire dal basso,perchè è un blog!

http://blog.spout.com/2008/07/24/comic-con...k-castle-panel/

By Kevin Kelly on July 24, 2008 at 8:38 pm

Gerard Butler and Guy Ritchie from RocknRolla, "Korean music sensation" Rain from Ninja Assassin, and producer Joel Silver present Dark Castle's theatrical and direct-to-DVD slate.

The suddenly massive contingent of preteen female Comic-Con attendees swooned at the sight of Korean pop star/Ninja Assassin star Rain, and 300/RocknRolla hunk Gerard Butler, at Joel Silver’s Dark Castle Entertainment presentation. Jeremy Piven threatened to take his shirt off. Crickets.

Highlights:

–Dark Castle is investing in a bunch of direct-to-DVD sequels of moderate horror hits; judging by the reaction to The Hills Run Red, no one cares.
–”Korean music video sensation.” Rain is a legitimate sensation. At least with the girls were just still a little turned on from Twilight. Boys hold their hardons for “Gerry” Butler.
–Asking Joel Silver, Jeremy Piven and/or Guy Ritchie for words of encouragement is just about the biggest faux pas you can make as an attendee in Hall H.

–Joel Silver reveals the ten-words-or-less pitch that landed financing for Guy Ritchie’s Sherlock Holmes movie.
–Madonna and Guy Ritchie’s relationship was solid enough during filming of RocknRolla that she was tasked with shooting syringes into Gerard Butler’s ass

6:39 - Q: Gerard, what’s your favorite memory from being on set?

A: “Well, nothing more than getting a shot of B12 from his [Guy Ritchie's] wife Madonna. She was basically like the nurse, she came in and was all ‘drop your pants!’ and she stuck me in the ass.”

6:38 - Q: “Gerard, did you get to improv much on the movie?”

A: (from Guy Ritchie) “Nope! I wouldn’t allow it!”

The other panelists are begging Gerry to take his shirt off… it’s like an Elvis concert down there in the front

6:37 - Q: “For Gerard Butler, you’ve done a lot of different roles, what are you looking to get into next?”

A: Halle Berry.

6:33 - Ludacris is talking. Zzz.

6:31 - “Rocknrolla is better than sex!” — Gerard Butler

6:30 - Piven is overwhelmed by everyone’s dedication, “I celebrate every one of you! I’m in a service position, and I salute every one of you.”

Someone nearby “Did he just offer to service the audience?!”

Piven is out of chocolate and promises to take his shirt off. Yikes.

6:29 - Someone asks Guy Ritchie about the Sherlock Holmes movie, which is in preproduction now. “Is it happening?” “Yes!” It has a contemporary spin on it, and of course Robert Downey Jr. in it.

Joel Silver: “It’s like James Bond in 1891!”

6:27 - “How do you prepare for these roles?”

“Well, I get out of bed, I take a shower (sometimes), and I just go to work. You know, I sort of feel weird talking about this, because when I hear other people talking about their method, I sort of just say ‘Oh, shut up.” You just do it. Man, I sound like an American saying that. I’ve done it now.”

6:26 - Wow, someone mentioned Phantom of the Opera, and the girl groupies go nuts yet again.

6:25 - Butler wants to know, “DId you like the trailer we showed? Well make some fuckin’ noise then!” Next question: “How do you think people will react to this film? You have such a varied cast.”

Butler: “Well, we have a cool group of guys and girls. You lick your lips for this and sit back and go ‘Yeah!’ It defines cool.”

Pause. “Well, the licking the lips thing was a little homosexual. But you get my point.”

6:24 - Piven is talking about how he saw Lock Stock “with his good buddy Peter Berg” (cue the namedrop) and that his ‘77 Bronco broke down on the way from seeing it. Rough roots, rough toots. Piven wanted his role to be different than the character he plays in Entourage. It turned out to be easy because Ritchie had never even seen Entourage.
6:23 - People don’t really know this, but the Comic-Con panelists get little chocolates on their table, and Butler has started tossing them out to the girl groupies. They are going nuts for it.

6:22 - Butler is talking about how much he wanted to work with Guy Ritchie after seeing Lock Stock and Snatch… oddly enough he doesn’t mention Swept Away.

6:20 - Holy trainwreck, Batman. A woman who is clearly on in years is making her “own movie” and she talks about casting and executive producing and writing and directing, and she dramatically says “For the love of god, please tell me that filmmaking gets easier as you you get more experience!” Everyone on stage is bewildered.

Literally. And then everyone passes on answering the question.

FInally Joel Silver leans over and says “No, it never gets easier.”

6:19 - “TAKE IT OFF” one girl screams. “You’re funny,” he says.

6:17 - Here come the onslaught of questions for “Gerry.” “Thank you SO much for being here. I get the feeling that you really enjoyed making movies like this. Do you keep planning on making good storytelling movies?” I mean, honestly, you drive all this way, get up there, and ask that? Butler namedrops 300, and people go nuts.

Next up: “All of your roles have been physical, do you like those kinds of roles? Was this movie like that?”

“Not at all, this wasn’t nearly as physical as 300. It was easy, and I looked forward to going to work every day. I got sick making this movie, that was challenging.” In response to that, a gaggle of his girlfans down front swoon and go “Awwwwwwwww.”

6:16 - Guy Ritchie calls this a “Spillover from Lock Stock and Snatch.” It’s a “look into the underbelly of the subculture” in London

6:15 - They trot out Susan Downey, Ludacris (I can’t call him Chris Bridges), Jeremy Piven, “Gerry” Butler, and Guy Ritchie. Joel Silver jokes that “No one knows who Susan Downey is… she runs my company so I had this card made for her.” He whips out a namecard that says “Mrs. Tony Stark” on it.. Does this mean they’re having sex? Ew, Mr. Silver.

6:13 - It looks like Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Part 2. But Chris “Ludacris” Bridges actually looks fairly decent in this. Color me shocked.

6:12 - What keeps throwing me is Jeremy Piven in this thing, and I couldn’t stand him in Smokin’ Aces. Do we really need him in another movie

6:11 - RocknRolla trailer rolls. “What’s a Rocknrolla? We want it all.” It’s The New School vs. The Wild Bunch, Gerard Butler is part of The Wild Bunch.

6:10 - Now it’s RocknRolla time.

6:08 - Last question is surprisingly for Naomi, and someone wanted to know if she’d like to play the character of Selena again. “I’d LOVE to” she says. Apparently she and Cillian Murphy were supposed to be in 28 Weeks Later, but obviously they weren’t. “I’m waiting on the third movie so I can play her again!

6:04 - Zzzzzzz. Everyone around me is falling asleep (the Rain gaggle is all up front) while waiting on Gerard Butler

view post Posted on 25/7/2008, 10:10

Group:
Administrator

Un'altra trascrizione,questa ho sottolineato alcuni passaggi!!!(partite sempre dal basso...)

Gerard Butler and Guy Ritchie from RocknRolla, "Korean music sensation" Rain from Ninja Assassin, and producer Joel Silver present Dark Castle's theatrical and direct-to-DVD slate.

The suddenly massive contingent of à banir female Comic-Con attendees swooned at the sight of Korean pop star/Ninja Assassin star Rain, and 300/RocknRolla hunk Gerard Butler, at Joel Silver’s Dark Castle Entertainment presentation. Jeremy Piven threatened to take his shirt off. Crickets.

Highlights:

–Dark Castle is investing in a bunch of direct-to-DVD sequels of moderate horror hits; judging by the reaction to The Hills Run Red, no one cares.
–”Korean music video sensation.” Rain is a legitimate sensation. At least with the girls were just still a little turned on from Twilight. Boys hold their hardons for “Gerry” Butler.
–Asking Joel Silver, Jeremy Piven and/or Guy Ritchie for words of encouragement is just about the biggest faux pas you can make as an attendee in Hall H.

–Joel Silver reveals the ten-words-or-less pitch that landed financing for Guy Ritchie’s Sherlock Holmes movie.
–Madonna and Guy Ritchie’s relationship was solid enough during filming of RocknRolla that she was tasked with shooting syringes into Gerard Butler’s ass.

Full live blog transcript after the jump.

6:39 - Q: Gerard, what’s your favorite memory from being on set?

A: “Well, nothing more than getting a shot of B12 from his [Guy Ritchie's] wife Madonna. She was basically like the nurse, she came in and was all ‘drop your pants!’ and she stuck me in the ass.”

6:38 - Q: “Gerard, did you get to improv much on the movie?”

A: (from Guy Ritchie) “Nope! I wouldn’t allow it!”

The other panelists are begging Gerry to take his shirt off… it’s like an Elvis concert down there in the front

6:37 - Q: “For Gerard Butler, you’ve done a lot of different roles, what are you looking to get into next?”

A: Halle Berry.

6:33 - Ludacris is talking. Zzz.

6:31 - “Rocknrolla is better than sex!” — Gerard Butler (ma ho letto che ha aggiunto -Not sex with me...!)

6:30 - Piven is overwhelmed by everyone’s dedication, “I celebrate every one of you! I’m in a service position, and I salute every one of you.”

Someone nearby “Did he just offer to service the audience?!”

Piven is out of chocolate and promises to take his shirt off. Yikes.

6:29 - Someone asks Guy Ritchie about the Sherlock Holmes movie, which is in preproduction now. “Is it happening?” “Yes!” It has a contemporary spin on it, and of course Robert Downey Jr. in it.

Joel Silver: “It’s like James Bond in 1891!”

6:27 - “How do you prepare for these roles?”

“Well, I get out of bed, I take a shower (sometimes), and I just go to work. You know, I sort of feel weird talking about this, because when I hear other people talking about their method, I sort of just say ‘Oh, shut up.” You just do it. Man, I sound like an American saying that. I’ve done it now.”

6:26 - Wow, someone mentioned Phantom of the Opera, and the girl groupies go nuts yet again.

6:25 - Butler wants to know, “DId you like the trailer we showed? Well make some fuckin’ noise then!” Next question: “How do you think people will react to this film? You have such a varied cast.”

Butler: “Well, we have a cool group of guys and girls. You lick your lips for this and sit back and go ‘Yeah!’ It defines cool.”

Pause. “Well, the licking the lips thing was a little homosexual. But you get my point.”

(e anche questa direi...che andrebbe recepita nel senso giusto!)

6:24 - Piven is talking about how he saw Lock Stock “with his good buddy Peter Berg” (cue the namedrop) and that
his ‘77 Bronco broke down on the way from seeing it. Rough roots, rough toots. Piven wanted his role to be different than the character he plays in Entourage. It turned out to be easy because Ritchie had never even seen Entourage.

6:23 - People don’t really know this, but the Comic-Con panelists get little chocolates on their table, and Butler has started tossing them out to the girl groupies. They are going nuts for it.

6:22 - Butler is talking about how much he wanted to work with Guy Ritchie after seeing Lock Stock and Snatch… oddly enough he doesn’t mention Swept Away.

6:20 - Holy trainwreck, Batman. A woman who is clearly on in years is making her “own movie” and she talks about casting and executive producing and writing and directing, and she dramatically says “For the love of god, please tell me that filmmaking gets easier as you you get more experience!” Everyone on stage is bewildered.

Literally. And then everyone passes on answering the question.

FInally Joel Silver leans over and says “No, it never gets easier.”

6:19 - “TAKE IT OFF” one girl screams. “You’re funny,” he says.

6:17 - Here come the onslaught of questions for “Gerry.” “Thank you SO much for being here. I get the feeling that you really enjoyed making movies like this. Do you keep planning on making good storytelling movies?
I mean, honestly, you drive all this way, get up there, and ask that? Butler namedrops 300, and people go nuts.

Next up: “All of your roles have been physical, do you like those kinds of roles? Was this movie like that?”

“Not at all, this wasn’t nearly as physical as 300. It was easy, and I looked forward to going to work every day. I got sick making this movie, that was challenging.” In response to that, a gaggle of his girlfans down front swoon and go “Awwwwwwwww.”

6:16 - Guy Ritchie calls this a “Spillover from Lock Stock and Snatch.” It’s a “look into the underbelly of the subculture” in London

6:15 - They trot out Susan Downey, Ludacris (I can’t call him Chris Bridges), Jeremy Piven, “Gerry” Butler, and Guy Ritchie. Joel Silver jokes that “No one knows who Susan Downey is… she runs my company so I had this card made for her.” He whips out a namecard that says “Mrs. Tony Stark” on it.. Does this mean they’re having sex? Ew, Mr. Silver.

6:13 - It looks like Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Part 2. But Chris “Ludacris” Bridges actually looks fairly decent in this. Color me shocked.

6:12 - What keeps throwing me is Jeremy Piven in this thing, and I couldn’t stand him in Smokin’ Aces. Do we really need him in another movie

6:11 - RocknRolla trailer rolls. “What’s a Rocknrolla? We want it all.” It’s The New School vs. The Wild Bunch, Gerard Butler is part of The Wild Bunch.

6:10 - Now it’s RocknRolla time.

6:08 - Last question is surprisingly for Naomi, and someone wanted to know if she’d like to play the character of Selena again. “I’d LOVE to” she says. Apparently she and Cillian Murphy were supposed to be in 28 Weeks Later, but obviously they weren’t. “I’m waiting on the third movie so I can play her again!

6:04 - Zzzzzzz. Everyone around me is falling asleep (the Rain gaggle is all up front) while waiting on Gerard Butler

6:03 - Rain is actually pretty shy, which is refreshing. He said “Well, this was a hard movie to work on. My first girlfriend was a sword, my second girlfriend was a ninja chain… they were my family!” When asked “What do you think people’s reaction will be to this movie?” He replies with “Well, I don’t know… I just am trying to do my best.” That’s about the fourth time I’ve heard him say he’s doing his best.

6:01 - Someone wanted to know if ninjas only use old school weapons in the movie, and McTeigue said yes, you won’t see them blazing away with guns.

5:59 - McTeigue is telling us how they decided to cast Rain, and throughout the explanation, whenever he says the word Rain, people go nuts. He’s a huge pop star overseas, but apparently I haven’t been watching that channel. Silver said “Jet Li told me long ago [way to name drop, Silver] that martial arts is very similar to dancing.” Which is why Rain took so well to the role.

5:56 - The first girl to ask a question says she has one question: “I love you Rain!” Which isn’t a question. She follows up with, “I’ve been following your career for a long time *giggle* and I love you *giggle* and I think you’re great.” I keep waiting on her to say she’s been watching him while he showers.

A trio of girls then gets up to ask him why he took this role, and he said “Well, I hope to meet a blonde girl!” Which appeared to be some sort of a joke. Although I have a feeling it’s probably not far from the truth.

5:54 - Here comes director James McTeigue, Naomi Harris, and… “arch rival of Stephen Colbert….RAIN!”

“Wow, it’s like mini-Twilight” someone says behind us when people start screaming for Rain.

5:51 - Now they’re on to Ninja Assassin, and when Joel Silver says the name “Rain” people go nuts. Although not quite the level of Twilight nuts that we witnessed earlier. Here’s a clip that Silver tells us is “Just for Comic-Con, so lets not talk about it to anyone else.”

“Raised to be a warrior…Trained to be a killer.” Scenes of kids training, à banir training, adults shedding tons of blood with knives. This movie is all done in red and black, even with red and black washing machines in a laundromat scene. Someone cue the Les Miserables soundtrack. Ninjas, swords, explosions, car chases… I don’t really know what this is about, but there’s a lot of screaming and flying blood.

The ninja chucks a Chinese star at the screen, which turns into a little embellish between the words Ninja and Assassin in the logo.
5:50 - Now Silver is pimping out Whiteout, which we saw a lot of at last year’s Comic-Con. he basically tells us it stars Kate Beckinsale and Alex O’Loughlin from Moonlight, although “sadly, that’s over now.” They also have a movie called The Factory coming out, with John Cusack. “It’s a thriller, like Silence of the Lambs” according to Silver, and it’ll be out sometime in 2010.

5:46 - Writer Marc Andreyko and artist Jonathan Wayshak take the stage along with Erik Olsen again, to talk about the book, which hits stands in October. Will there be a movie version of Ferrymen? “That’s up to you guys!” says Erik. Based on the audience response, which is basically nil, I’d say that we won’t be seeing a Ferrymen movie anytime soon.

5:43 - Joel Silver is back to tell us about the Dark Castle comic book label that they’ve formed in conjunction with DC Comics’ Wildstorm imprint. They have their first book coming out called The Ferrymen, which they are about to show us a trailer for.

“Sell your soul to the devil, and there will be Hell to pay.” is the tagline for the book, written by Marc Andreyko, who co-wrote the brilliantly creepy Torso with Brian Michael Bendis.

5:41 - Erik Olsen, Sophie Monk, Tad Hilgenbrick, and John Carchiette take the stage to talk about the film. Sophie Monk wants everyone to know “There’s some seriously twisted stuff in this movie that I wouldn’t want my dad to see.”

No one asks any questions, ouch. Even though Sophie also tells us “I got so comfortable being covered in blood that I actually started going to the supermarket like that.” That’s method acting, folks. She also sings the creepy lullaby at the beginning of the trailer.

5:38 - Here’s a clip from The Hills Run Red, it opens with someone singing “Hush little baby, don’t say a word…” just so you know it’ll be creepy.

Razor blades, buckets of blood, naked girls, a creepy guy in a mask. It’s Horror Formula 101. Coming to DVD in 2009.

5:35 - Joel Silver pops on out stage, all chubby, sweaty, and swarthy. He’s telling us how geek movies aren’t the “bastard stepchild” of the movies anymore. “Those pictures you just saw have made about a billion dollars. And we’ve decided to broaden out the label to do other types of movies.”

Direct to video movies, that is: Return To House On Haunted Hill was last year, and this year is The Hills Run Red.

5:33 - They’re rolling out a clip reel to show us the “history of Dark Castle.” It’s a bunch of creepy movie scenes…there’s à banir Ghosts, Ghost Ship, Gothika, House of Wax, The Reaping…Creeptastic. A person sitting nearby says “Wow, they really make their company look a lot more exciting than it actually is.

Lisa
Modératrice

Posté le: Ven Juil 25, 2008 8:26 am Sujet du message:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comic-Con: 'RocknRolla' panel explores why Madonna made Gerard Butler drop trouJul 25, 2008,

02:17 AM | by Vanessa Juarez
Source : POP WATCH

At Thursday's presentation for Guy Ritchie's RocknRolla and Joel SIlver's Dark Castle Films, young girls, moms, and even a woman wearing a blue dress and a tiara over her blue hair went bonkers over Gerard Butler (pictured), who plays a low-life scam artist in RocknRolla. One young lady asked the 300 star for the craziest moment on the set; Butler responded with a story about how Madonna found out the actor was sick and ordered him to drop trou for a shot of B-12 in the bum. "It didn't work at all," Butler said, "because I got more sick." Butler was the life of the panel, simultaneously happy and a bit embarrassed when fans called for him to take off his shirt or dubbed him "the world's sexiest man." He flirted back by tossing Hershey's Kisses into the crowd.

Also on hand for the panel and official trailer viewing (which, for the record, beats any bootleg footage found online; they just finished it this week) were Ritchie, Jeremy Piven, Idris Elba, Ludacris, and producer Joel Silver. Ritchie described the film as "spillover from Lock, Stock and Snatch, and we wanted to give it a contemporary feel, so it was born out of enthusiasm. [I] was trying to reflect the changing cultural environment in the U.K. It's a look into the underbelly of a subculture." Later, a fan asked Ritchie, "The critics didn't seem too kind to the past couple of films, I was just curious if there was pressure to go back to films that were as successful as your first two?" With a sense of humor, Ritchie interrupted the first half of the question with, "Hey, that's not true, they liked them," and the second half with, "Yup." (...)

gemini21
view post Posted on 26/7/2008, 23:00

Intervista al cast:

Comic Con 2008 Interview: The Cast On RocknRolla
By Chris “El Guero” Mora on July 25, 2008

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/comic-con...view-the-cast-5 -on-rocknrolla-5061

Here at Comic Con we had a chance to set on a press conference and speak to some members of the cast from RocknRolla.

We spoke with Guy Ritchie, Gerard Butler, Jeremy Piven, Chris 'Ludacris' Bridges and Idris Elba.

The film follows a Russian mobster who orchestrates a crooked land deal, millions of dollars are up for grabs, and all of London's criminal underworld wants in on the action. Everyone from a dangerous crime lord to a sexy accountant, a corrupt politician and down-on-their-luck petty thieves conspire, collude and collide with one another in an effort to get rich quick.

Here is what the cast had to say.

Thandie Newton said that this is the best movie of the year.

Butler: That's the spirit. I won't contradict her.

Guy, can you talk about what inspired you to do this? There seems to be this whole Russian thing going on now in movies.

Ritchie: Well, the thing is that it's in the same genre as 'Snatch' and 'Lock Stock' and I felt as though I wanted to do another one partly because of the amount enthusiasm I got from those movies, but also because England has changed so much in the last fifteen, twenty years and the world of crime has consequently changed so much in the last twenty years. So to a degree part of the movie is about old school gangsters being pushed out by the new school and an aspect of that is Eastern European or Russian. A few years ago if you're average gangster had made a few million he was seen as a big to do and that's really been eclipsed by the international Eastern gangster who now comes packing billions. So he comes in and is like a mobile corporation and this is to a degree, one of the stories, is a reflection of the old school natives trying to hang on to business as it used to be, but they're just being pushed out by the corporate massive crime. I mean corporate in a purely criminal sense.

Why does that genre click with you so well?

Ritchie: I don't know. I just like under cultures and subcultures and it just happens to be my thing.

What are the similarities and differences in tone in this compared to your previous films?

Ritchie: Well, it's in the same genre so if you saw this and then you saw 'Snatch' you would suspect that the same filmmaker was behind it.

Are there any differences in the way you approached it?

Ritchie: I'd like to think so, yeah, because otherwise we would've called I 'Snatch II'. It's a new take. It's a contemporary take and the stories are new, but you can tell that the guy that made those movies previously is the guy that made this movie, but that's part of the package. That's what I like to do so it's influenced.

As you've gotten older and made more films has the way that you've approached the criminals in your film changed? Maybe when you were younger they were more romantic possibly? Is it different now?

Ritchie: Probably not [laughs]. That will probably be the answer to that one. No, I think it's pretty much an objective view of crime on the whole. I try not to be ethical or moral about it. It's simply an observation and a commentary on that observation. That sounded relatively intellectual.

Can each of you talk about your characters in the movie and your on this film?

Butler: That's a big question. You're eating up a lot of time. So I'll make it brief. I play One Two and I'm a part of the gang. We're all, myself, Idris [Alba] and Tom Hardy, like small time crooks who at the start of the movie are actually trying to do something that I think is almost legitimate and we get kind of screwed over by the more native boss who sees us as immigrants which I suppose we are in a way. We spend the rest of the movie kind of trying to make that up, trying to cover our asses and messing with the very people that Guy was talking about, the even bigger kingpins, the Russians, and then start blaming other people and then it becomes that irresistible Guy Ritchie movie.

Elba: I play Mumbles who as Gerry said is a part of the gang. He's what we call in London an Earners. You're an Earner. You're out there making a little bit of money any way that you can. Smart guys. Street smart. But they just do it in a dodgy way.

Piven: I remember that I was in Cannes when I read the script and I just wanted to be a part of the movie in any way, shape or form. So I basically begged and tried to bribe Guy and somehow we made the movie. We're the only sort of American voices in the movie. I think that it originally came out because of an Andre 3000 video, the characters? No? A little bit?

Ritchie: It did, yeah. I was influenced by Andre's – I can't actually remember the name – Big Boi, isn't it? It was a couple of videos that I really liked. They were an influence. They were inspired by that.

Elba: I didn't know that.

Piven: So I just wanted to take the ride and it did not disappoint, for sure.

Bridges: Yeah, without giving too much of the story away, Jeremy and myself, most of our scenes are together. We play the managers of the rock and roll artist who basically the movie is named after. So like he said, talking about a lot of the Russian mob coming into London and taking over organized crime wise and different things going on like that we're just kind of like hustlers in our own right and it's basically a situation where you have to see the entire movie to completely get our roles. But that's what we do, the two Americans in the movie.

Have you ever met someone from the underworld, Guy? I'm sure you've met some people who've inspired these characters.

Ritchie: Absolutely, not. I refute that. The criminal underbelly of society is heavily frowned upon by myself [laughs].

When you were doing research for this movie did you find a lot of interesting things? Liz Hurley said when she was doing her movie she found the people she met were even giving input.

Ritchie: That's interesting. What Liz Hurley movie is that?

'Mickey Blue Eyes'.

Butler: Interestingly enough, she was big in the underworld. She was there with the best of them [laughs].

Did you ever solicit ideas from them or find that people you met wanted to be a part of the process?

Ritchie: Yes. Many of the ideas in the pig feeding story, for example, in 'Snatch', if you're familiar with that, is a cliché of how people dispose of bodies. I mean, since then I've seen it pop up in several movies. I had met the guy that used to remove the teeth before they chopped them up and gave them to the pigs. By the way, he's now a grandfather and is a lovely chap. He gives to charity. He runs his local football team and he looks like your average avuncular, generous individual. Sometimes there's nothing exotic about the exoticism of crime. That's kind of interesting in and of itself, that some times people can do these what we see as heinous and nefarious acts and then to them it's just par for the course.

Actors, can you talk about working with Guy Ritchie and his style of directing?

Bridges: His process is that he practices jujitsu early in the morning. He grapples and then comes in energetic as hell everyday. He knows exactly what he wants, how everything is supposed to pan out. He's very particular and very opinionated. I've never worked with anyone like him, but I mean a great guy. I was very happy to work with him and I learned a lot from him. That's my take on it.

Elba: Guy has this thing where he's like, 'Okay –' and the crew know that as soon as he says, 'Five, four, three…' and at first I was like, 'What's going to happen?' Someone said, 'Oh, you've got to say your line, that's action. He counts down to the action.' That was new to me and an interesting way to do it. Suddenly you see the whole room focus and get into the Guy Ritchie space which is a good thing. It's great actually.

How do you compare Guy to other director's you've worked with?

Butler:Well, he has a different name which was a big thing for me. No. What I loved about Guy,
and I'm sure he knows it, but that name, it's kind of in your soul. He's an institution and suddenly you're there and you're working with him. What surprised me was how easy going he was. For me then it's like trusting that you have a director who knows exactly what he wants, but he's going to let you do what you want and there's a natural flow that we kind of all got into as we hung out and spent time together. The script has a rhythm. It's just got a rhythm and he really kind of understood that, but at the same time he just lets it happen. He interjects when it's necessary, but that's what's great about the movie, it has this flow to it, this rhythm. It's really the script. It's just learning to trust that. He's kind of like the master director that way.

Ritchie: Thanks, Gerry. You will have another job after that.

Butler: Did I get it right? Was that good? I didn't understand what you wrote here.

Your last movie 'Revolver' was ambitious, but divided critics. Do you think now it's eventually been understood and appreciated by the audiences, especially with the ambitious metaphysical allegories within it?

Ritchie: This is a high falootin' question. I don't know. You might better know than I. I always knew that it was going to be tricky myself, purely because of it's ambition. But it's exactly the movie that I set out to make and it's the movie that I'm happy with, but it's going to divide opinion certainly. By it's very definition that's what it was designed to do.

You've said that this movie has some social commentary. Can you talk more about that?

Ritchie: Sure. The social commentary is everything that I've been talking about. The social commentary is how the face of England, and I suppose in turn England no longer has the identity that we previously understood it had. It's become international like New York has become international. So the commentary is how, I suppose, identities shifted, cultural identities have shifted. I mean, if you take New York and London now they're so much more similar than they used to be. It's a commentary on that. It's a commentary on how crime has shifted. It's a commentary on how business is conducted. Previously people could offer, lets take the example of, a million pounds for a house and then an oligarch would come along and would say, 'Look, just to take it off the market and save any haggling I'll offer you twenty million.' That wasn't necessarily uncommon. It suddenly became, 'It's going for a million.' 'Well, I'll offer two million, three million –' and then you go, 'Ah, fuck it. Look, here's twenty million.' Now they did that with football teams. They did that with football players. They did it with every sort of cultural manifestation that we had. It's that these exponential bids would suddenly come into the occasion. That had a tremendous cultural effect on the way that everything was manifest. So we've tried to reflect some of that within the movie too.

Will you continue exploring contemporary London as you continue making movies?

Ritchie: Well, I used the word exponential and I think it's pertinent towards culture in general and particularly any capital that moves as fast as New York or London. The technology is the reduction of time, space and motion and it's done that to culture too. So everything is moving exponentially, so fast that we can't keep tabs on it. So I suppose that this is the interesting part just before it completely goes off the Richter scale in terms of it's pace of changing. This is like a documentary on before it completely is something that we can't recognize at all, the identity that it once had.

As your career keeps going audiences have come to expect certain things from you in your movies, your characters, for instance. Does that make it more difficult when you do a succeeding film?

Ritchie: I think it depends on what genre I'm going into. The movie after we're doing is 'Sherlock Holmes' and that's clearly going to be in a different genre, right. So I think that people would expect something very different and hopefully a flavor of what it is I'm familiar with. This was clear in the fact that it did what it said on the tin. I was interested in the genre. I was interested in the genre that people are familiar with. As I said, I hope it's got enough stuff in it, new nutrition, to inspire an audience.

Do it always keep you second guessing though?

Ritchie: Oh, no. I've been ambitious with how the plots interweave. The hard work is actually writing the thing. Shooting is comparatively easy.

How different is your take going to be on 'Sherlock Holmes'?

Ritchie: It's going to be very contemporary. I suppose that originally Sherlock Holmes was this intellectual action man. I think what happened was that they played down the action man aspect because they just didn't have the means of executing the action in an interesting way. Well, we do have the means and we have the technology. So we're just riding on the back of that.

When you say contemporary do you mean in feel or setting?

Ritchie: I mean, it still remains in it's period, but we like the idea that he's an intellectual action guy, to a degree.

Is there a race against time now because of Sacha Baron Coen's attempt to do something like that.

Ritchie: They don't even have a script yet. So we're hoping not, no.

Gerard, [Mark] Neveldine and [Brian [Taylor] showed clips of 'Game'. Can you talk about your role in that and how insane those guys are?

Butler: That was a pretty intense experience working with those guys. They have an incredible imagination and this great connection to young culture, to pop culture and also the internet and science, etcetera. This movie is very much an example of that, but also they create a story so cleverly and with such great characters, more so in their other stuff than in this, and yet they have such a dark nightmare. You're literally walking around the set at night and there are people hanging with hooks coming out of their skin and that's your day filming. There's blood dripping. I had blood on me. These people did it for fun. Anyway, it's really coo, but I'm not here to talk about that. Talk about 'RocknRolla'! [laughs]

Have they talked to you about the sequel to '300'? It's strange because you all died.

Butler: They've mentioned it and we'll leave it at that. It's a very interesting idea, I have to say and I'm as floored as you are.

Guy, is 'Sherlock Holmes' going to be London based as well?

Ritchie: Yes.

Are you a fan of London still?

Ritchie: It's me hometown, yeah.

Elba: He's got a pub.

Ritchie: I do have a pub.

You do have a pub in London?

Ritchie: Yeah. It's much harder to run a pub than it is to make a film, by the way.

What is about London that you love then?

Ritchie: I was born there and I see the change and I know a great deal about it and I'm invested and I live vicariously through my wife. So I was once a spy and now I've become a tourist and it's much more fun to live in London as a tourist than it is a spy. Someone told me the definition of that. A spy always looks for the bad stuff and a tourist always looks for the good stuff. So it makes it easy being married to an American.

Have you discovered new things about London being married to an American?

Ritchie: Sure. I mean, London is big. I don't know if you know how big it is, but when you think that New York is big, New York goes up. London just goes on and on and on and on. It's been going on for two thousand years and hasn't stopped for that whole time. New York has been going on for like three hundred years.

How has the smoking ban in England effected your business? I know a lot of pubs had to close because people want a smoke with their drink.

Ritchie: Well, the only reason that I went into the pub business is because they stopped smoking in pubs. I think four pubs a day go out of business because of it.

Idris, there are characters in this film about to go legit. On 'The Wire' your character was about to go legit. Why is that criminals can't seem to make that leap and getting thrown back into that world?

Elba: Well, the reality is that most criminals, eighty percent of criminals end up in jail or dead and that's the reality. The twenty percent that make it end up being politicians. That's really it. I get to play bad guys. It was good to be home making a movie with Guy in London. London is such a fantastic character, a really good bunch of actors on this. We had a good crew and honestly this film from start to finish is bollix. It's really good.

Guy, you've had a couple of interesting weeks. Is everything okay?

Ritchie: As far as I'm aware of.

gemini21
view post Posted on 4/8/2008, 16:26

Un articolo lunghissimo... Guy Ritchie parla del film.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/moslive/arti...-old-manor.html

gemini21
view post Posted on 5/8/2008, 11:20

Il primo settembre uscirà nel regno unito il cd della colonna sonora

'RocknRolla' Soundtrack Features The Sonics, Lou Reed, The Clash, The Hives, The Subways; Due Sept 1 In The U.K.

August 4, 2008 - The Playlist - Spencer Martin

http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2008/08/ro...res-sonics.html

You've gotta love when a movie comes out in the U.K. early because it gives us the info before it hits American shores. The soundtrack to Guy Ritchie's movie "Rock N Rolla" comes out in the U.K. soon. Their street date of September 1 is way early and will surely be different stateside (the movie doesn't come until October 30 here), but presumably the tracklist will be the same given that it's coming out on the Universal Music group label.

As noted last week, Steve Isles has composed the film's score (some of the music for "Joe Strummer: The Future Is Unwritten") and the soundtrack showcases Ritchie's inclination towards eclectic (mostly British) sounds both retro and cutting edge from his favorite genres: dub (The Scientists, The Clash) ska (The English Beat), Dusty Springfield-esque rockabillly classics (Wanda Jackson), funk (War) and flat-out driving and distorted rawk n' rollah (The Sonics, The Hives) that always propels his crime capers forward.

The soundtrack also features both songs used in the film's trailer: Blackstrobe's "I'm A Man," (which opens it) and The Subways "Rock N' Roll Queen" (which closes it). Ritchie may shoot the same film over and over again, but his soundtracks generally feature some excellent movie-music moments and he has a remarkable knack for creating scenes with a comical, ironic use of music. But no Libertines or Baby Shambles? Maybe in the movie only? Musical YouTube clips where applicable below.

"Rock N Rolla" is another Ritchie crime caper that involves a stolen painting, the Russian and London mobs pitied against street smart hoods, drug-addled rock stars and a sexy accountant with ties to the underworld. The film stars Gerard Butler, Tom Wilkinson, Thandie Newton, Idris Elba (“28 Weeks Later,” “The Wire”), rapper Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Jeremy Piven and the very-excellent Toby Kebbell (Joy Division's foul-mouthed manager Rob Gretton from "Control") who plays a very Pete Doherty-like character. "Rock N Rolla" comes out in the U.K. September 5 and will have its North American premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival in the second week of September.

"Rock N Rolla" soundtrack tracklist
1.BLACKSTROBE - I'M A MAN
2. THE SONICS - HAVE LOVE WILL TRAVEL
3. THE CLASH - BANKROBBER
4. KIM FOWLEY - THE TRIP
5. STEVE ISLES - RUSKIES
6. WAR - OUTLAW
7. FLASH AND THE PAN - WAITING FOR A TRAIN
8. THE SUBWAYS - ROCK & ROLL QUEEN
9. LOU REED - THE GUN
10. THE HIVES - THE STOMP
11. SCIENTISTS - WE HAD LOVE
12. THE BEAT - MIRROR IN THE BATHROOM
13. WANDA JACKSON - FUNNEL OF LOVE
14. 22-20S - SUCH A FOOL
15. EX SEKTOR GAZA - DOPILSYA
16. MIGUELITO VALDES - NEGRA LEONO

gemini21
view post Posted on 5/8/2008, 19:28

Guy Ritchie: esce RocknRolla, un film ispirato a Pete Doherty

http://blog.panorama.it/culturaesocieta/20...firma-tomasone/

È ispirato alla sregolata vita di Pete Doherty il nuovo film del marito di Madonna, Guy Ritchie. Lo ha ammesso lo stesso regista inglese aggiungendo che l’ex di Kate Moss era al centro delle cronache proprio nei giorni in cui stava mettendo a punto la sceneggiatura del suo ultimo thriller movie, RocknRolla. “Era presente ogni giorno sui giornali. In un certo senso Pete è un genio del marketing perché è rimasto al centro della’attenzione per un periodo lunghissimo. Non sono sicuro che sia felice di questo, ma qualora fosse una cosa programmata, definirlo un genio non sarebbe esagerato” ha dichiarato Ritchie. Che ha anche una sua teoria sull’incredibile popolarità del toxic rocker dei Babyshambles: “Tutti vogliono leggere di Doherty perché sono affascinati da un uomo che crolla, ma che ha sempre la forza per rialzarsi. La gente vuole vederlo toccare il fondo e poi tifare per la sua rinascita”. Questa la trama di RocnRolla: un ricco criminale russo vede i suoi introiti aumentare sempre di più grazie a una serie di affari sporchi legati alla speculazione di terreni. Il tutto in una Londra in mano alla malavita, nella quale si intrecciano le vite di gangster e truffatori. L’uscita nelle sale è prevista a settembre.

view post Posted on 6/8/2008, 07:57

Group:
Moderatore globale

riguardo la colonna sonora non conosco nemmeno una canzone...mi informerò...
per il fatto che sia ispirato a Doherty...beh,io non ci avrei mai pensato ma se l'ha detto Ritchie... :D

Cecilia76
view post Posted on 6/8/2008, 08:47

a me Doherty affascina ben poco :sick: ...mi pare solo un poveretto...comunque che sia ispirato a chi vogliono, io non vedo l'ora di vedere Gerry! :D :D

gemini21
view post Posted on 9/8/2008, 20:57

RocknRolla
August 9, 2008 - Total Film September 2008 Issue

**** Lord love a duck, Guy’s only gone an’ made a belter. Lawks

Out 5 September it’s easy to imagine the critical cynicism that’s likely to ensnare Guy Ritchie’s return to the cockney crime caper. After the success of Lock, Stock and Snatch, he became the latest tall poppy to be motor-mowered by the press pack when Swept Away sank and Revolver fired blanks. So, he made a couple of duffers and married a pop star: hang the cocky bas*ard from the red tops!

Truth is, Ritchie’s return to gangland, geezerism and guns guns guns is a Very Good Thing. He’s one of Britain’s most exciting filmmakers and as one of the few not to have high-tailed it to America at the first hint of Hollywood interest, he deserves due credit. RocknRolla is a Brit thriller unlike most anything made here anymore; it’s vibrant, exciting cinema - not bloody television with posher set catering. And - perhaps fueled by, yes, relief - it’s made with an almost tangible sense of confidence, of joy - The director is back in a familiar playground and, as underworld boss Len (Tom Wilkinson) tells his right-hand man Archie (Mark Strong), “There’s no school like the old school and I’m the f**king headmaster...”

Len is the fulcrum of a labyrinthine plot that moves “like s**t through a goose” and we’re not going to bother untangling here. Suffice to say it involves property, a painting and enough pungent, credible, charismatic characters to suggest the promised two follow-ups will never want for engaging anti-heros. There are off-screen stories for everyone: from the brilliantly played “Wild Bunch” of One Two (Gerard Butler), Mumbles (Idris Elba) and Handsome Bob (Tom Hardy) to the blink’n’miss bit-parters who make even minor exchanges memorable.

It’s cruel to single anyone out, but David Leon and Bronson Webb make a distinct impression as a kind of junkie Rosencrantz and Guildenstern. Then there’s the rock’n’rolla of the title, a crack-addled musician who’s been compared to Pete Doherty - except Toby Kebbell has more charisma in the saliva on the tip of one of his chain-smoked cigarettes than Doherty has in his whole sorry carcass.

It’s a superb performance from a young actor unafraid to appear unpleasant and unpalatable, tapping a feral intensity but somehow clawing back the character from complete damnation.

Along with the performances, pounding soundtrack (listen for the great use of Lou Reed’s ‘The Gun’) and peppy dialogue, come Ritchie’s gloriously ostentatious visuals (the slo/fast-mo gallery peek at Thandie Newton is terrific) a wry comment on how new money is taking over London and a sly wit, best displayed in a wham-bam sex scene montage. As Archie says, “A real rock’n’rolla wants the f**king lot.”

IN SHORT Forget the tabloids - this c*cksure caper shows Ritchie is much more than Mr Madonna, while Butler and Kebbell have talent to burn. Punchy, funny, criminal entertainment.

gemini21
view post Posted on 12/8/2008, 11:50

Un sequel per RocknRolla?

Guy Ritchie ha rivelato di aver già scritto un sequel del suo ultimo film, che si augura possa avere successo.

http://www.movieplayer.it/news/06850/un-se...per-rocknrolla/

notizia a cura di Fabio Fusco, scritta il 12.08.2008

Un sequel per RocknRolla?
L'ultimo film di Guy Ritchie, RocknRolla, non è ancora uscito nelle sale - in Gran Bretagna è atteso per i primi di settembre - ma il regista inglese ha rivelato di aver già scritto un sequel, e si augura di poterlo realizzare, contando sul consenso del pubblico: "Ho già scritto la sceneggiatura del seguito" - ha detto Ritchie - "e spero che la gente vada a vedere il film al cinema, così potrò dirigerlo".

RocknRolla è un gangster-movie interpretato da Gerard Butler, Gemma Arterton, Thandie Newton e Ludacris. Ritchie ha ammesso che i personaggi del film sono ispirati a criminali che ha avuto occasione di conoscere in passato, e si stupisce che la gente resti scioccata quando venga a sapere delle sue frequentazioni: "Mi chiedono come faccia a conoscere certe persone, e se desidero essere come loro" - ha detto il regista - "Non ci trovo nulla di strano, e credo che prima o poi, capiti a tutti nella vita di conoscere un 'cattivo'. Ma poi chi può dire che siano davvero cattivi? Una volta ho lavorato con un tizio che aveva ucciso diverse persone, e non ci credereste, ma era un brav'uomo"

Nelle scorse settimane, è stato annunciato che Ritchie sarà al timone di Sherlock Holmes, una pellicola ispirata ai romanzi di Sir Arthur Conan Doyle e alla graphic novel di Lionel Wigram. Al momento il progetto non è stato ancora definito, ma il ruolo del protagonista probabilmente sarà affidato a Robert Downey Jr.

Edited by gemini21 - 12/8/2008, 15:20

61 replies since 4/4/2008, 12:59   953 views