Voci di corridoio, possibili ruoli futuri

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 11/2/2010, 08:49

He's a lion that I am proud to hunt

Group:
Administrator

Non ci crederete,ma si riparla di Fuga da new York...

http://movies.insidepulse.com/2010/02/10/f...n-loeb-gets-it/

From Wall Street to Escaping From New York: Allan Loeb Gets It
By Travis Leamons - February 10, 2010 | Email the author

I don’t know about everyone else, but I love this resurgence ’80s nostalgia. Just the other week I read story in EW about the curse of Fletch and how a reboot of the character made famous by Chevy Chase has been plagued with production problems. You have The Expendables coming out in August, which is Sylvester Stallone’s tribute to the ’80s action cinema. Darren Aronofsky is retooling RoboCop for a new audience (hopefully it still includes the fake commercials that were a part of Paul Verhoeven’s original).

Now there’s progress on a remake of John Carpenter’s sci-fi action film Escape from New York. New Line Cinema had hired Len Wiseman (coming off of Live Free or Die Hard) to direct and Gerard Butler was going to star. Wiseman was later replaced by Brett Ratner, who seems to be every studio’s go-to guy in case a project is floundering. Neither director seems fit to reboot the Snake Plissken character, and Gerard Butler isn’t enough of a bad ass to take on the role that Kurt Russell made famous. I can only hope that the role isn’t offered to Sam Worthington. That actor seems to be rumored to be part of every new project these days.

Vulture, who also broke the Hughes brothers/Akira story, has news that New Line is “quickly moving forward” with its remake plans thanks to a rewrite by Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps scribe Allan Loeb. According to the site, in the new draft, “Loeb nailed the humor in Plissken without slipping into camp, and he changed Snake’s rescue-mission target from a president to a female senator, thereby upping the banter quotient.”

And with the current state of the economy, the studio found a much cheaper way to shoot the story; by changing destroyed Manhattan into a “geographically undesirable, but intact” privately run penal colony which was created “after the detonation of a crude radioactive dirty bomb on the outskirts of the city.” Even with the changes, it looks like Allan Loeb “gets it,” trying to remain faithful to the spirit of the original. Though it could have something to do with the agreement New Line signed with John Carpenter with regards to antihero, Snake Plissken. The character must be called “Snake”; he must wear an eye patch; and must always be a bad-ass. Because who wants an antihero who pussyfoots around?

iam.what.iam
view post Posted on 11/2/2010, 16:01

In effetti questa voce circola :

"Il remake, prodotto dalla New Line Cinema, è stato riscritto dallo sceneggiatore Allan Loeb (che già ha lavorato allo script del sequel di Wall Street) e vedrà di nuovo una Manhattan trasformata in colonia penale, questa volta a causa dell’esplosione di una bomba radioattiva che ha provocato la sua evacuazione, ma non la sua distruzione. Per le riprese, la città non verrà ricostruita negli studios, con un sostanziale risparmio economico. Inoltre il presidente degli Stati Uniti sarà sostituito da un senatore di sesso femminile.

Condizioni fondamentali, pretese dallo stesso Carpenter per la cessione dei diritti, sono che Plissken venga soprannominato nuovamente Snake (in italiano è stato tradotto con il nome Jena), che continui ad indossare la benda sull’occhio e che sia ancora un “Bad Ass” (“un cattivo ragazzo”).

Il remake dovrebbe uscire nel 2011, e il successore di Kurt Russel sarà lo “spartano” di 300, Gerard Butler. Resta ancora un’incognita il nome del regista.
"

Per il full-article il link è :
http://www.bestmovie.it/news/1997-fuga-da-...l-remake/15515/

view post Posted on 11/2/2010, 16:10

Group:
Moderatore globale

mah...io resto scettica :mmm:
(e non mi piace il tipo di film poi...)

gemini78
view post Posted on 11/2/2010, 16:16

Seee quelli di Best movie sono rimasti un bel po' indietro... Gerry si è ritirato dal progetto un tot di tempo fa ormai!

view post Posted on 11/2/2010, 20:42

Group:
Administrator

Guarda Laura che è di stamane una serie di notizie in cui torna a circolare il nome di Gerry...

http://www.cinematical.com/2010/02/11/esca...s-been-revived/

http://www.collider.com/2010/02/10/new-det...-from-new-york/

e poi c'è quello che ho postato io stamani....;) direi che quelli di Bestmovie stanno riferendo solo queste ultime voci!!!

iam.what.iam
view post Posted on 11/2/2010, 22:03

CITAZIONE
una serie di notizie in cui torna a circolare il nome di Gerry...

purtroppo ho perso il link...ma ho letto un altro articolo in cui si diceva che in realtà Mr.B non si è mai svincolato del tutto dal film escape from New York....ma prendeva solo tempo in quanto non in accordo con il vecchio sceneggiatore....ora pare che la sceneggiatura sia cambiata e quindi chissa'......devo dire che nn mi dispiacerebbe vederlo nei panni di Jena..anche se per lui è rischioso ...si vedrà!

gemini78
view post Posted on 11/2/2010, 22:57

Negli articoli originali più che altro si dice che era legato al progetto e qualcuno si chiede se tornerà in gioco, ma nulla di più di questo :)

view post Posted on 7/3/2010, 14:23

Group:
Administrator

In questo articolo del Sun dedicato ai ragazzini di Slumdog/millionaire c'è una strana affermazione che allude alla possibilità che Gerry diriga un film con loro...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/featu...lumdog-kids-one -year-on.html

On top of this she is lined up to appear in several Bollywood films and both she and Azhar have been signed up by Hollywood star Gerard Butler to appear in a new film he is directing.

On top of this she is lined up to appear in several Bollywood films and both she and Azhar have been signed up by Hollywood star Gerard Butler to appear in a new film he is directing.

view post Posted on 7/3/2010, 23:21

Group:
Moderatore globale

:mmm: :mmm: :blink: :blink:

view post Posted on 16/3/2010, 12:01

Group:
Moderatore globale

a quanto si dice in questo articolo,Alex Reid vorrebbe Gerry in un film sulla vita della moglie Katie Price,che forse si farà...
(ndr:lui è un esperto professionista di arti marziali e attore,la moglie è una modella e donna donna d'affari :mmm: )
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story...-gerard_1135554

Gerard Butler - Alex Reid Keen For Gerard

Alex Reid claims Gerard Butler would be the perfect actor to portray him if a movie about his wife Katie Price's life is made.

Alex Reid wants Gerard Butler to play him in film about his wife Katie Price's life.

The cage fighter said he wanted 'The Bounty Hunter' actor to play him if a rumoured biopic of Katie's life is made - although he stipulated he would have to work out for the role though.

Alex said: "It has been reported Katie is going to do a film about her life. I think it's a brilliant idea - her life makes a great story.

"There's nothing definite on the table. If I could choose anyone to play my character I'd pick Gerard Butler - only when he's pumped up though."

He also said he'd like to make an appearance in the film, writing in his column for Britain's Star magazine: "Perhaps Katie and I can have cameo roles instead? We could be journalists!"

Alex - who is presently in Los Angeles training for a fight - also told how he is missing being with Katie, but enjoyed a visit with her to a lingerie shop last week.

He added: "We went to Trashy Lingerie in Los Angeles last week, a shop I love! Katie only bought some lingerie and a few wigs. No whips or handcuffs, even though I wanted to!

"Unfortunately she had to go back home ahead of me. It was hard to say goodbye again. We seem to be permanently in this cycle right now."

view post Posted on 16/3/2010, 12:51

Group:
Administrator

Sulla stessa notizia un altro articolo...

http://www.musicrooms.net/showbiz/4367-Ale...-Him-Movie.html

There have been repeated rumours the glamour model is planning a film version of her life in recent weeks, and Alex has refused to dismiss them. Although he hasn’t confirmed the reports, Alex has revealed who he would like to portray him on the big screen.

“It has been reported that Katie is going to do a film about her life. I think it’s a brilliant idea – her life makes a great story,” Alex said in British magazine Star. “There’s nothing definite on the table. If I could choose anyone to play my character I’d pick Gerard Butler – only when he’s pumped up though. Perhaps Katie and I can have cameo roles instead? We could be journalists!”

Alex has previously admitted he enjoys dressing up in women’s clothes, but insists it is not something he does regularly. He and Katie were spotted shopping for lingerie in an American store last week, and Alex insists they were only looking for items for Katie, not him.

“We were pictured at Trashy Lingerie in LA last week, a shop I love. But it’s not true that I was buying stuff for myself – I almost avoided going in there because I knew people would say that but then I thought ‘S*d it!’ Anyway, Katie only bought some lingerie and a few wigs,” he explained. “No whips or handcuffs, even though I wanted to!”

view post Posted on 16/3/2010, 13:12

Group:
Moderatore globale

so che Gerry è folle quando sceglie i copioni ma non ce lo vedo ad accettare un ruolo simile...si dovrebbe anche mettere ad imparare le arti marziali...naaa :P

view post Posted on 20/3/2010, 00:42

Group:
Moderatore globale

secondo questo articolo Gerry sarebbe il favorito per interpretare un agente della CIA per il film Consent to Kill,che sarebbe diretto da Antoine Fuqua( L'ultima alba,King Arthur)

Consent to Kill is one of the 11 bestselling Vince Flynn novels that combine political intrigue and action. driven by a lead character who possesses the killing machine qualities and ruthlessness of Jason Bourne and Jack Bauer. I hear CBS Films has set its sights on Gerard Butler, Colin Farrell and Matthew Fox.

Butler is the front-runner right now, and seems ideal to play a man of action. Farrell hasn’t done a ton of action, but he impressed CBS Films CEO Amy Baer when he starred in SWAT, a project she supervised when she was a Columbia Pictures exec. The surprise is Fox, and I hear he has pursued the role aggressively as a next step after Lost finishes up. Fox hasn't been proven as an actor who can carry a feature franchise, but neither was Bruce Willis when he jumped from Moonlighting to Die Hard. Matthew Fox-13 CBS Films execs have had conversations with reps of actors that include Keanu Reeves and Jon Hamm, but the focus is on the trio. No offers have been made and it's not certain that Butler or Farrell would take the role.

il resto qui: www.deadline.com/2010/03/cbs-films-...-for-rapp-role/

view post Posted on 22/3/2010, 08:57

Group:
Administrator

Se ne parla anche qui:Gerry sarebbe in lizza con Colin Farrell,per questo ruolo...

http://www.irishcentral.com/story/ent/amya...e-88724092.html

Colin Farrell and Gerard Butler may be about to square off to land the role of a CIA counter terrorism agent in a new movie called "Consent to Kill"

The film is an adaptation of a book by crime novelist Vince Flynn, the first of eleven books that will be made into a kind of 'Bourne Identity" series of movies by CBS Films.

Butler is the current front runner but Farrell wowed CBS Films CEO Amy Baer as the star of S.W.A.T., a project she oversaw as a Columbia Pictures executive.

Butler is still considered a bigger box office bet because of the huge success of 300, but insiders say Farrell may get the movie role which could catapult him into the type of fame that Mat Damon has enjoyed as Bourne.

Training Day director Antoine Fuqua is set to direct "Consent to Kill."

400 replies since 4/4/2008, 13:10   7522 views