Burns - Aggiornamenti sulla produzione

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 25/1/2009, 20:51

He's a lion that I am proud to hunt

Group:
Administrator

la notizia è su Just Jared!!!

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/01/25/ge...r-robert-burns/

Gerard Butler is set to play Scottish poet/lyricist Robert Burns in an upcoming biopic.

According to UK’s Times Online, the film will be titled Burns and will focus on his love affairs with his wife Jean Armour and Agnes McLehose, also known as Clarinda, an Edinburgh society hostess.

In an interview with the BBC, Gerry shared, “In a way but I feel so lucky to have that opportunity because it’s such a great story and we have the best script by Alan Sharp, who wrote Rob Roy. I cajoled Julia Stiles into doing it but she told me it was the best script she’d read in years so she’s on board and we also have Brian Cox. We cover Burns’ life from the ploughman days to the Edinburgh society days and his take-off as a poet. It’s beautiful, it’s passionate, it’s sexy, it’s hilarious and it’s really quite sad as well.”

view post Posted on 26/1/2009, 10:37

Group:
Moderatore globale

CITAZIONE
It’s beautiful, it’s passionate, it’s sexy, it’s hilarious and it’s really quite sad as well

:occhilucidi: :occhilucidi:

me troppo troppo felice!!!

view post Posted on 26/1/2009, 12:00

Group:
Administrator

Ecco cosa si legge sulla pagina aggiornata del sito ufficiale:

http://www.robertburnsmovie.com/press.htm

in particolare:

First Minister, Alex Salmond said:

“Robert Burns is rightly regarded as Scotland's favourite son. He is an international cultural icon and his life and work is celebrated across the globe. It would be great for Scotland if Burns could be recognised and immortalised in modern film, particularly as we mark the 250th anniversary of his birth this year and celebrate his genius through Scotland's Year of Homecoming.

“I am delighted this film is set to be shot in Scotland with another great Scot, Gerard Butler, starring as Burns.”

Director, Vadim Jean said:

“There would be something so very poetic about subscriptions making possible the first feature film about Robert Burns since the 1930's. It will present Burns to the world in the most powerful medium of all – something that feels so much more significant in the 250th anniversary of his birth.”

spands72
view post Posted on 26/1/2009, 14:36

ma è fantastico!! e diciamolo.... finalmente!!

view post Posted on 26/1/2009, 16:01

Group:
Administrator

Anche questo sito dà la notizia:

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/artic...20burns_1092835

Actor GERARD BUTLER is to play legendary Scottish poet ROBERT BURNS in an upcoming biopic. The 300 star will take the title role alongside Julia Stiles in the film, which will detail Burns' love affairs with wife Jean Armour and society hostess Agnes 'Clarinda' MCLehose.
And the Scot admits he is delighted to have landed the part, because he is proud of his country's national figure.
He says, "In a way but I feel so lucky to have that opportunity because it's such a great story. I cajoled Julia Stiles into doing it but she told me it was the best script she'd read in years so she's on board. We cover Burns' life from the ploughman days to the Edinburgh society days and his take-off as a poet. It's beautiful, it's passionate, it's sexy, it's hilarious and it's really quite sad as well."

gemini78
view post Posted on 26/1/2009, 16:41

Traduzione dell'articolo precedente:

L'attore Gerard Butler interpreterà il leggendario poeta scozzese Rober Burns in un imminente film biografico. La star di 300 avrà il ruolo principale nel film accanto a Jiulia Stiles, che elencherà le numerose storie d'amore di Burns con la moglie Jean Armour e ... Agnes 'Clarinda McLehose.
E l'attore scozzese ammette di essere felicissimo di aver ottenuto la parte, perchè è fiero di questa figura nazionale del suo paese.
Ha detto, "In un certo senso mi sento proprio fortunato ad avere questa opportunità perchè è davvero una grande storia. Ho persuaso Jiulia Stiles a partecipare, ma mi ha detto che è il miglior copione che ha letto in anni così è a bordo anche lei. Racconteremo la vita di Burns dai suoi giorni come aratore fino a quelli dell'Accademia di Edimburgo ed il suo decollo come poeta. E' (una storia) bellissima, appassionata, sexy, divertente ed anche piuttosto triste."

view post Posted on 26/1/2009, 19:35

Group:
Administrator

http://www.robertburnsmovie.com/press.htm

(dal sito ufficiale)

The Producers are also currently in discussion with Scottish Screen, the country's screen development agency. The Film is being produced by The Mob Film Company and co produced by Evil Twins – the American film production company owned by Gerard Butler and Alan Siegel.

gemini78
view post Posted on 26/1/2009, 19:40

Evvaiii grande notizia! :felice: :felice: :felice:

(P.S. Non solo Gerry verrà pagato con un tozzo di pane per fare questo film, ma ci rimette pure dei soldi, vuol dire che ci tiene proprio :occhilucidi: :occhilucidi: )

gra70
view post Posted on 26/1/2009, 19:53

Che sia la volta buona????

Incrociare le dita pls :scot:

view post Posted on 26/1/2009, 21:32

Group:
Administrator

La notizia rimbomba...da un sito all'altro!

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7013843264

gemini78
view post Posted on 26/1/2009, 22:41

CITAZIONE
According to The Times, the movie has been given a budget of 5 million pounds, or approximately $7 million.

Rettifico, manco il tozzo di pane gli danno :mmm:

jiujiu
view post Posted on 26/1/2009, 23:46

CITAZIONE
(P.S. Non solo Gerry verrà pagato con un tozzo di pane per fare questo film, ma ci rimette pure dei soldi, vuol dire che ci tiene proprio :occhilucidi: :occhilucidi: )

siamo tutti con te, gegio! è dai tempi di dear frankie che aspetto questo film... :occhilucidi: il cast è stato tutto confermato?

view post Posted on 27/1/2009, 11:08

Group:
Administrator

http://www.cinematical.com/2009/01/26/gera...t-burns-biopic/

Poor Scotland -- it seems only if you have Mel Gibson or Liam Neeson in a kilt can you get one of your native heroes onscreen. Not that Gerard Butler hasn't tried. He's long cherished plans of starring in a biopic of Scottish poet Robert Burns. The problem has always been one of financing -- even after 300, Butler wasn't able to convince anyone to fund the film, apparently due to a combination of no one outside of Scotland remembering or caring who Robert Burns was, and no one quite knowing who this "Gerard Butler guy" was. (I imagine Scottish heroes are probably easier to market to overseas audiences if they're wielding massive claymores instead of pens.)

That may soon change. According to The Times, Butler hopes to get his chance in 2009. Vadim Jean is attached to direct, and James Cosmo is set to produce. (Presumably, Butler might as well since he does have his own shingle now.) Most of the budget is already in place, thanks to Scottish Screen, and the remainder will be raised by signing 250 "subscribers" to the project. They're borrowing an idea from Burns himself -- in 1786, investors backed the famous Kilamarnock Edition of Burns' poetry, convincing the poet to abandon his plan to relocate to Jamaica. This year would also be the perfect one to film in, since its the 250th anniversary of the poet's birth.

I'd happily contribute, since I'm rather fond of Burns, Scotland, and period pieces (and ok, Butler himself) but I'm sure one has to be richer (and probably Scottish) to be one of the 250. So here's a bit of press instead, and best of luck to Butler, Jean, and Cosmo that 2009 is their year. Movie audiences need a little poetic education once and awhile.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gra70
view post Posted on 27/1/2009, 11:18

CITAZIONE
Movie audiences need a little poetic education once and awhile.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Come non essere d'accordo???

view post Posted on 27/1/2009, 12:05

Group:
Moderatore globale

CITAZIONE
co produced by Evil Twins

aah me l'ero immaginato che Gerry avesse contribuito,altrimenti credo che staremmo ancora ad aspettare...

CITAZIONE
Rettifico, manco il tozzo di pane gli danno

ecco vabbè...si rifaranno con gli incassi :occhilucidi:

CITAZIONE (jiujiu @ 26/1/2009, 23:46)
siamo tutti con te, gegio! è dai tempi di dear frankie che aspetto questo film... :occhilucidi: il cast è stato tutto confermato?

questo ancora non è chiaro... :mmm:

96 replies since 18/6/2008, 13:00   1794 views