300: Rise of an Empire

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 9/9/2011, 12:17

He's a lion that I am proud to hunt

Group:
Administrator

Pare proprio che Gerry e Lena faranno insieme un 'cameo' nel sequel del film,i cui protagonisti saranno comunque tutti attori 'poco conosciuti'....per evitare facili identificazioni(mah)

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/300-...-the-sequel.php

Despite the fact that the 300 sequel 300: Battle of Artemisia will be something of a prequel that tells the story of how Xerxes rose to power as a God King, it seems like we’re going to get a chance to catch a glimpse of old favorites King Leonidas and Queen Gorgo in the movie anyway.

While talking to Movies.com, 300 producer Bernie Goldmann told them that this time around, “it’s a different story, however there’s a small part for Lena [Headey]. There’s a small part for Gerry [Butler].” There’s a bit of a risk you take in these sorts of situations of doing small cameos for famous characters, as sometimes it can look pandering and take the viewer out of the movie (think of all the times when characters from the original trilogy awkwardly got their name announced as they turned to the camera in the Star Wars prequels), so hopefully 300: Battle of Artemisia is able to bring back Lena Headey and Gerard Butler in an organic way.

Yet, even if the cameos play badly, they still shouldn’t do too much to sink the film, because even though the actors from the first 300 became bigger stars due to the film’s success, Goldmann and crew remain committed to casting unknowns for the lead roles in the sequel. He explained the approach, “when you make a period movie like that, it’s great not to know the actors. For me, as an audience, it always brings me into the movie more. You can’t see Tom Cruise in a historical movie. You go, ‘That’s Tom Cruise!’”

So I guess anybody out there hoping that Tom Cruise might play the new version of Xerxes just got their hopes dashed. But for the rest of us, we can cheer, because it sounds like this shouldn’t get turned into a Hollywood abomination. 300: Battle of Artemisia is now set to go ahead with director Noam Murro firmly attached, so we should probably start getting word about who these new unknowns will be soon.

iam.what.iam
view post Posted on 15/9/2011, 21:07

300 è INTOCCABILE.......
questo prequel/sequel non ha niente a che vedere con 300..e io al posto di Mr.B non ci parteciperei....

view post Posted on 16/9/2011, 11:18

Group:
Moderatore globale

io spero sinceramente che ne stia alla larga...!!!
Comunque questa sarebbe una dichiarazione di Gerry in merito:

For fans who can not wait to see the body's muscular back, rumors claimed that 300 films will be sequels starring Butler.

"If the script is good, I'll do it. I get the feeling there is good reason to make the second movie, because I liked the first movie," he said.

Although not yet seen the movie script, Butler expressed the hope that the character of King Leonidas, played by him are included.

"I hope they write a script that great and hopefully I like it. This is my favorite role and it would be nice for me to re-play it and have fun."

Fonte

Mina*
view post Posted on 16/9/2011, 14:46

Spero che lasci perdere....

Anche su coming soon è riportata la stessa notizia:

Gerard Butler: ''Il sequel di 300? Solo se speciale''

Qualche giorno fa Bernie Goldmann, il produttore di 300, aveva rivelato che nella sceneggiatura del sequel ci sarebbero state delle piccole parti per Gerard Butler e Lena Headey.

MTV ha chiesto a Butler se effettivamente la sua intenzione è quella di tornare a vestire i panni di Re Leonida. “Onestamente non so cosa accadrà. Devo ancora leggere lo script e parlare con loro” ha risposto l’attore, aggiungendo “Mi piacerebbe essere coinvolto di nuovo, ma deve essere qualcosa di speciale. Perché per me 300 è stato un’esperienza grandiosa e non c’è ragione di rifarlo se non è all’altezza del primo.”

Insomma Gerard Butler non ha escluso la sua partecipazione al sequel dell’epica pellicola. A questo punto è tutto nelle mani degli sceneggiatori, Zack Snyder e Kurt Johnstad.

www.comingsoon.it/News_Articoli/News/Page/?Key=8787

view post Posted on 16/9/2011, 14:58

Group:
Administrator

Mi pare che la risposta in italiano -una volta tanto - suoni migliore di quella in inglese!!!...

iam.what.iam
view post Posted on 13/10/2011, 20:03

NooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....300 deve rimanere unico e solo...speriamo che non accetti..il sequel/prequel non sara' all'altezza....ecco!

gemini78
view post Posted on 22/8/2012, 13:10

Gerry non parteciperà al prequel

Gerard Butler rules out '300' sequel: "It wasn't really my thing"

Gerard Butler has revealed that he will not take part in the sequel to 300.

The Playing for Keeps actor starred as King Leonidas in the 2006 blockbuster but confessed that he has no interest in the follow-up 300: Battle of Artemisia, which is currently in production.

"Oh yeah, I'm not doing it," Butler told MTV News when asked of his possible involvement with the project.

"They're filming [the 300 sequel] right now. I wish them the best, but it didn't [work out]. It wasn't really my thing."

www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a4...y-my-thing.html

Monika.
view post Posted on 22/8/2012, 16:25

Credo sia meglio così....

gemini78
view post Posted on 9/4/2013, 13:02

Per chi fosse ancora interessato

Sullivan Stapleton is a Greek general in '300: Rise of an Empire,' the follow-up to '300.'

Gird yourself for even more swords-and-sandals sparring.

Seven years after Gerard Butler's King Leonidas spurred his 300 Spartan soldiers on to glory in 300 (and on to a $456 million worldwide box office), the companion film 300: Rise of an Empirewill explore a similar theme when it hits theaters Aug. 2. Though Empire takes place at the same time as the first film, the setting is now a sea battle against an overwhelming Persian fleet.

"It's not a prequel or a sequel," says director Noam Murro. "It's a different perspective and characters in the the battle between the Persians and the Greeks."

Now it is the battle-scarred politician Themistokles (Sullivan Stapleton) who musters the Greeks to fight off the invading navy led by the god-king Xerxes (Rodrigo Santoro) and his right-hand commander Artemesia (Eva Green).

The film features the same heavily stylized look that director Zack Snyder employed in the original. But there is a noticeable difference: The Greeks are a leaner bunch then the famously buff Spartans of 300.

"These are warriors and they look good — and sexy,'' says Murro. "But these are not Spartans. These are common Greeks — poets, sculptors and bakers — who came together to fight.''

Stapleton says rather than bulking up for the role, he lost 25 pounds to achieve the tough, wiry look. "I thought I was going to eat lots of chicken and broccoli and put on heaps of muscles. But it was the exact opposite. We were on a strict diet that leaned us right down."

These new-look bods are highlighted in the famous 300 skimpy fighting costumes.

"It was a scary costume fitting on the first day when they give you your outfit and it's basically a pair of leather undies," says Stapleton. "My daily costume was a leather codpiece and a denim skirt for three months."

gemini78
view post Posted on 13/6/2013, 20:09

Ecco il trailer

Video

gemini78
view post Posted on 5/3/2014, 19:24

Una recensione

‘300’ sequel is prettier but less thrilling

King Leonidas slipped into legend at the Battle of Thermopylae, martyred with 300 Spartans for the sake of Western Civilization and Spartan glory.

“Go, tell the Spartans, stranger passing by

That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.”

So it was too much to hope that someone with Gerard Butler’s charismatic, bellowing swagger would be around for the sequel, “300: Rise of an Empire.” His Leonidas and his oiled-down eight-pack are sorely missed, as are the quotable quatrains of that famous fight, the Spartan trash talk that sings through the ages. So many Persian arrows will rain on them that they will “blot out the sun”?

“Then we shall fight in the shade.”

There’s nothing that moving in “Rise of an Empire,” a more visually stunning but less thrilling epic with bloodier slo-motion swordfights, this time at sea. It lacks the heroic proportions and poetry of “300,” mainly thanks to a less impressive cast and murky, forgettable script.

Sullivan Stapleton (“Gangster Squad”) is Themistokles, the Greek general who took the oracle’s prophecy that Greece could only be saved “by a wall of wood” (i.e., ships) to heart and fought the enormous Persian fleet at Artemisium and Salamis. That prophecy, by the way, isn’t shown — a clever and quotably theatrical moment discarded as Queen Gorgo (Lena Headey) relates this oral history.

The movie opens at the end of Thermopylae, flashes back to the earlier Battle of Marathon, then flashes forward to the fictive present as Themistokles rallies the city states and prepares for battle at sea as Leonidas marches to his fate at Thermopylae.

The Persian fleet is led by the she-devil Artemisia, played by one-time Bond babe Eva Green, a seductive swordfighter in jet black hair, Egyptian eye makeup and ancient Persian fishnet stockings. She purrs about “the ecstasy of steel” and demands of her admirals, “Is it too much to ask for victory?”

It is. The clever Greeks foil her and crush her huge war galleys at every turn.

Things get so bad that Artemesia summons Themistokles for a mid-Aegean parlay. And things turn so hot and heavy there that Themistokles has to teach her a little Latin — coitus interruptus.

Director Noam Murro did the college professor romance “Smart People,” in no way a recommendation for directing a red-blooded digital epic of an ancient sea battle. Zack Snyder, who directed the original film, had a hand in the tin-eared script. It’s not graphic novel creator Frank Miller’s fault that Thermopylae, the basis for his “300” book, made for more elegiac history than Salamis.

But the design — a sea of greys and whites covered with heaving digital black ships and black sails and Persians clad in black battling Greeks in tiny brown boats — is stunning, an improvement over 2006’s “300.” And the action never disappoints.

It’s a pity this colorless cast doesn’t hold a candle to the Butler /Headey/ Michael Fassbender/ David Wenham crew of the original, that the writers couldn’t conjure up thrilling speeches to match the original.

Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that these pretenders spoiled their franchise, and here their movie lies.

“300: Rise of an Empire” is rated R for strong sustained sequences of stylized bloody violence throughout, a sex scene, nudity and some language. 1:42. 2.5 stars

http://www.kenoshanews.com/where2b/300_seq..._475933272.html

view post Posted on 6/3/2014, 00:03

Group:
Moderatore globale

questo film non s'aveva da fare...una volta tanto Gerry ci ha visto giusto a starne fuori!

Hydryal
view post Posted on 6/3/2014, 12:08

CITAZIONE (sabrinta @ 6/3/2014, 00:03) 
questo film non s'aveva da fare...una volta tanto Gerry ci ha visto giusto a starne fuori!

Oh Sabrinta non sai che Gioia sapere che finalmente è certo che non prenderà parte a questo film che anche secondo me non ha senso!!! <_< Comunque complimenti a Gerry per la sua scelta :alè:
L'Unico vero 300 è quello del Sig. Butler!!! Stop :sparta:

87 replies since 27/6/2008, 14:09   1417 views