Rocknrolla - Recensioni

« Older   Newer »
gemini21
view post Posted on 8/9/2008, 21:26

Evvaiiii! :cheeerleaders: :cheeerleaders:

meggy66
view post Posted on 9/9/2008, 06:36

si,si, si...sono proprio felice per Gerry!e anche per Guy che secondo me ha fatto un buon lavoro :clap:

gemini21
view post Posted on 11/9/2008, 15:16

Secondo questa recensione dice che sebbene Ritchie sia tornato a fare ciò che fa meglio, cioè film su gangster, il suo meglio non è molto interessante. Ritchie può raccogliere un cast eccelente e qundi il film ha un sacco di vigore e di forza.
Ma ciò che Ritchie non è capace di fare è creare un buon copione e raccontare una storia decente. Tutti i personaggi sono così poco credibili che rimane un mistero perchè abbia deciso di crearli. Comunque nonostante il copione definito 'scolaresco', con aggiunta di razzismo ed omofobia, Ritchie ed il cast riescono comunque a far colpo con Butler ( :clap: ) e Kebbler che si distinguono su tutti.

Schoolboyish script but cracking cast

http://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/entertai...cast.4483002.jp

Review of Rocknrolla at Cineworld by Laura Sonier

ROCKNROLLA had been hailed as a triumphant return to form for Guy Ritchie.
After the early success of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch, he then blotted his copybook with the little seen, but much derided, Swept Away (starring 'the missus') and Revolver.
Ritchie has now returned to what he does best – London gangsters and shaggy dog stories.
However, 'Ritchie's best' is still not terribly interesting.
He has a great eye, can drum up a cracking cast (Tom Wilkinson, Gerard Butler, Idris Elba – from The Wire – Thandie Newton and Toby Kebbell) and the film trots along with a fair amount of vim and vigour.
However, what Ritchie cannot do is pen a decent script and tell a decent story.
Frankly, all the characters are so unlikeable it's a mystery why he decided to create them in the first place.
Lock, Stock focused on a bunch of cheeky scallywags which the audience could root for.
But RocknRolla has a cast of drug addicts, hit men, dodgy dealers, crooked accountants and murderers.
Elba, used to the juicy Stringer Bell character in the excellent The Wire, must have wept when he read the script and realised the paucity of intellect and inventiveness in the writing.
But despite the slightly schoolboyish script – complete with a dash of racism and homophobia – Ritchie and the cast still make the most of what's on offer, with Butler and Kebbell standing out among the excellent cast.
If only Ritchie could marry his obvious directing talents (and actor-wrangling ablities) to someone's else's good story, he could have a real hit on his hands.

view post Posted on 11/9/2008, 19:53

He's a lion that I am proud to hunt

Group:
Administrator

In quest'articolo invece gli danno 9 su 10

Toronto Review: Guy Ritchie's RocknRolla
September 4, 2008
by Alex Billington

Guy Ritchie has done it again. RocknRolla is yet another Ritchie classic like we've seen twice before with Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels in 1998 and Snatch in 2000. It may not exactly top either of those two in content, but it's certainly the best British gangster film in the last eight years, which says a lot.

Plus it doesn't hurt to add another great film to the Ritchie library, especially one with such a genuinely entertaining line-up of actors. In short, RocknRolla boasts that same brilliant visual style that Ritchie is known for, as well as a deceitful story as sharp as the one from Snatch. Whether you end up liking the story or not, there's no denying that Ritchie is a talented filmmaker capable of pure entertainment.

Focusing on two smalltime crooks named One Two (Gerard Butler) and Mumbles (Idris Elba), RocknRolla delves into the British underworld like we've seen before in Ritchie's films, but this time it's a big-time businessman named Lenny (Tom Wilkinson), who thinks he runs London, that becomes the ball in this nasty Rugby match. Before long, Russian billionaire Uri (Karel Roden) loans Lenny his lucky painting, it ends up stolen by the supposedly dead rockstar Johnny Quid (Toby Kebbell), and the entire allotment of London's gangsters and crooks get wrapped up in a complex game of cat-and-mouse in the search for the painting. It's not the smoothest plot in Ritchie's history, but in the end it pulls itself together.

To call RocknRolla a British version of The Godfather wouldn't be inaccurate, although I'm not going to reveal all of what makes the two so similar. Guy Ritchie movies are almost an acquired taste - with so much style, it's hard to find the substance unless you know where to look. But all that I love about Ritchie's films shined through in RocknRolla. When Lenny says that it costs an arm and a leg, in a Guy Ritchie movie, he literally means an arm and a leg, with bloody ruthlessness and all. That kind of sharp-witted humor and brutal realism fills up RocknRolla to the gills, but just sitting back and enjoying Ritchie's cinematic style will help you overcome the rough spots in the complex story.

I won't necessarily say that RocknRolla is any better than Snatch, which still remains my all-time favorite Ritchie film, but there were numerous moments of genius in RocknRolla that rivaled it. Like a cross-country road trip with your friends, there are scenes that are slow and tedious, and others that are so energetic and vibrant, that it creates a dynamic that Ritchie fans will hopefully find as entertaining as I did. As with Snatch as well, the climax near the end needs to be unforgettable, and in RocknRolla it certainly is – you'll never look at Russian thugs and Gerard Butler the same again - and you won't soon forget it. This film isn't out to win an Oscar, but it is still stylistic cinematic entertainment at its best.

Toronto Rating: 9 out of 10

Guy Ritchie l'ha fatto di nuovo. RocknRolla è ancora un altro classico di Ritchie come abbiamo già visto prima con Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels nel 1998 e Snatch nel 2000. Potrebbe non esattamente eguagliare i due nel contenuto, ma è certamente il miglior gangster film inglese degli ultimi otto anni, il che dice molto.

Inoltre non fa male aggiungere un altro grande film alla "biblioteca" Ritchie, specialmente uno con uno schieramento d'attori così genuinamente piacevole. In breve, RocknRolla sfoggia quello stesso stile visivo per il quale Ritchie è noto, come anche una storia truffaldina tanto intelligente quanto quella di Snatch. Sia che finisca che la storia vi piace o no, non si può negare che Ritchie è un regista di talento capace di puro intrattenimento.

Concentrandosi su due delinquenti di piccolo calibro di nome One Two (Gerard Butler) e Mumbles (Idris Elba), RocknRolla scava nel mondo criminale britannico come abbiamo già visto nei film di Ritchie, ma questa volta è un importante uomo d'affari chiamato Lenny (Tom Wilkinson), che pensa di gestire Londra, che diventa la palla in questa sporca partita a rugby. Di lì a poco, il miliardario russo Uri (Karel Roden) dà in prestito a Lenny il suo dipinto fortunato, che finisce per essere rubato dalla rockstar Johnny Quid che si suppone sia morto (Toby Kebbell), e l'intero lotto dei gangster ed imbroglioni di Londra viene coinvolto in un complicato gioco del gatto e del topo alla ricerca del dipinto. Non è la trama più liscia nella storia di Ritchie, ma alla fine si mette insieme.

Definire RocknRolla una versione inglese de "Il Padrino" non sarebbe inaccurato, sebbene non rivelero tutto ciò che rende i due film così simili. I film di Guy Ritchie sono quasi un gusto acquisito - con così tanto stile, è difficile trovare la sostanza a meno che non si sappia dove cercare. Ma tutto ciò che amo dei film di Ritchie splendeva in RocknRolla. Quando Lenny dice che costa un'occhio della testa (nell'originale "un braccio e una gamba"), in un film di Guy Ritchie, intende "un'occhio della testa" alla lettera, con sanguinosa crudeltà e quant'altro. Questo genere di umorismo tagliente ed il realismo brutale riempiono RocknRolla fino all'orlo, ma il semplice sedersi e godersi lo stile cinematografico di Ritchie vi aiuterà a superare i punti tosti nella complessa storia.

Non dirò necessariamente che RocknRolla sia migliore di Snatch, che ancora rimane il mio film di Ritchie preferito di tutti i tempi, ci sono stati numerosi momenti di genio in RocknRolla che hanno rivaleggiato con esso. Come un viaggio su una strada campestre con i vostri amici, ci sono scene che sono lente e noiose, ed altre che sono così energiche e vibranti, che ciò crea una dinamica che i fans di Ritchie si spera troveranno altrettanto divertenti di quanto le ho trovate io. Come con Snatch, il punto culminante verso la fine deve essere indimenticabile, e in RocknRolla certamente lo è - non guarderete a dei delinquenti russi o a Gerard Butler nello stesso modo - e non lo dimenticherete presto. Questo film non vincerà un Oscar, tuttavia è intrattenimento cinematografico di stile al proprio meglio.

Votazione Toronto: 9 su 10

view post Posted on 14/9/2008, 09:01

Group:
Administrator

E in questo dicono che Rocknrolla è stato il miglior film del festival di Toronto e Gerry la sua rivelazione:

http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/Film_Festivals/...741861-sun.html

The revelation is that Gerard Butler is more than just a set of abs. He has a real flair for comedy as "One-Two," the head of a gang that calls itself The Wild Bunch, and whose ranks include the unsung talent Idris Elba (The Wire) as Mumbles. He plays off hilariously against best friend Handsome Bob (Tom Hardy), who comes out of the closet at the most inopportune time, and a high-rolling crooked lawyer (Thandie Newton) whom he falls for.

La rivelazione è che GB non è solo addominali d'acciaio. Ha un vero talento per la commedia, nei panni di One-Two, il capo di una gang che si chiama "Il mucchio selvaggio" e che conta il talento non celebrato di Idris Elba (The Wire)nei panni di Mumbles. Recita in modo esilarante con l'amico Handsome Bob (Tom Hardy), che si presenta nei momenti meno opportuni, e un avvocato interpretato da Thandie Newton, di cui si innamora.

meggy66
view post Posted on 14/9/2008, 09:09

finalmente!!! :clap:

view post Posted on 18/9/2008, 11:18

Group:
Moderatore globale

ho trovato alcuni commenti di una giornalista italiana che ha visto il film in anteprima.

Siete dei veri Rocknrolla!?

Sono stata al press junket del nuovo film di Guy Ritchie, Rocknrolla. Mentre vado in bici a South Bank dove avranno luogo le interviste, mi passano davanti 100 buses con la locandona del film. Apro il giornale, anzi, lo chiudo e sull’ultima pagina ancora lui, are you a real rocknrolla? Insomma, qui lo stanno promuovendo alla grande, uscirà nella sale cinematografiche domani, mentre in Italia la data non è stata ancora confermata. Bellissimo il posto del press day, allestito come se fosse il set del film. Non posso ancora parlarne perché ho firmato un embargo ma dopo avere intervistato Gerry Butler e il resto del cast mi vengono in mente alcuni pensieri:

1) Il film è molto molto divertente

2) perché Guy Ritchie continua a fare film sui gangster se di quel mondo è evidente che non conosce nulla?

3) la colonna sonora è bellssima

4) perché un individuo con quei gusti musicali ha sposato Madonna?

5) Gerry Butler è un gran figo. E c’ha una faccia da pacioccone bambinone ma sa anche essere il guerriero fascio con gli occhi indemoniati di 300
(parole sante!!strafigooowww! :sbav: )

6) Fare l’attore è meglio che lavorare in miniera

7) I crab fish americani vanno ghiotti dei crab fish inglesi

[la pronuncia del titolo è cockney, dunque: rockn'roll(eeeer)aaa]

gemini21
view post Posted on 18/9/2008, 11:51

CITAZIONE
6) Fare l’attore è meglio che lavorare in miniera

Vabbè questa poteva pure risparmiarsela... -_-

view post Posted on 18/9/2008, 12:21

Group:
Moderatore globale

eh si...molto bloggara e poco professionale in questo frangente...

view post Posted on 18/9/2008, 14:11

Group:
Administrator

...definire Leonida il guerriero 'fascio'...è tutto dire!

Anche fare il giornalista è meglio che fare il minatore;e anche che fare l'attore...

spands72
view post Posted on 18/9/2008, 16:26

una vera professionista, non c'è che dire!!

view post Posted on 23/9/2008, 10:06

Group:
Moderatore globale

un piccolo commento sul film da Vogue:
(per ora hanno postato solo la parte che interessa Gerry)

"The movie's revelation is Butler, whose rumpled Glaswegian virility has recently gotten him typecast as a two-fisted hero in pictures like 300. Whether One Two is bantering with Stella or fretting over the advances of a gay gangster pal, Butler shows that his real gift is for offbeat comedy."

^_^

view post Posted on 26/9/2008, 07:56

Group:
Administrator

Questa top ten dei films da vedere in chiusura di stagione pone Rocknrolla al terzo posto(credo in ordine cronologico) con un lusinghiero commento!

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/features/...ies-of-2008.php

8. RocknRolla

Guy Ritchie returning to form, delivering another classic London gangster film with tons of energy and bullets flying everywhere? Yeah, I think we can get into that. On top of all that, it was clear at Comic-Con that the cast, which includes Gerard Butler, Idris Elba and Jeremy Piven, had a boat load of fun making this movie — and if it comes off half as fun as it sounds, we’re in for a real treat.

babyphan
view post Posted on 26/9/2008, 19:44

Un'altra recensione riassuntiva:

http://www.zip.ca/browse/title.aspx?f=titleId(190753)

Action & Adventure, Crime Action, Action Comedies - 114 mins - 2008

A story of sex, thugs and rock 'n roll.

RocknRolla takes a dangerous ride into high crime and low life in contemporary London, where real estate has supplanted drugs as the biggest market, and criminals are its most enthusiastic entrepreneurs. But for anyone looking to get in - from small-time crook One Two (Gerard Butler) to shady Russian billionaire Uri Obomavich (Karel Roden) - there's only one man to see: Lenny Cole (Tom Wilkinson).

A mobster from the old school, Lenny knows the right wheels to grease and has his hand on the throat of any bureaucrat, broker or gangster that matters. With one phone call, Lenny can make the red tape disappear. But as Lenny's right-hand man Archy (Mark Strong) tells him, London is ground zero for the changing times, with bigtime mobsters from the East, hungry criminals from the streets, and everyone inbetween, all vying to change the rules of commerce and crime.

With millions up for grabs, all of London's criminal underworld conspires, colludes and collides with one another in an effort to take their cut. But as high rollers and petty criminals alike jockey for dominance, the true prize of one multi-million-dollar deal will fall into the hands of a junkie rock star (Toby Kebbell) - Lenny's stepson, presumed dead but very much alive.

view post Posted on 6/10/2008, 13:00

Group:
Administrator

Una recensione di un blogger che -nonostante qualche perplessità - inserisce Rocknrolla tra i film che ha visto e di cui prendere nota:

http://www.thelostmovies.com/blog/what-i-d...had-it-so-good/

Rocknrolla: Initially when this came out, it was described as a major return to form by Guy Richie. Its not really a return to form so much as a back to the well type exercise that served Kevin Smith so well in 2006 with Clerks 2. You know how the plots of Lock, Stock and Snatch both revolve around an object of some value and involve colorful cartoon mockney criminals all trying to do each other in? Well Rocknrolla is essentially the same thing except this time its a valuable painting. The wild card in this bunch though is a Pete Doherty type character named Johnny Quid played really well by Toby Kebbell. He is the estranged step son of Lenny a mobster who controls much of the valuable real estate of London and is in fierce competition with the Russian mob to whom the missing painting belongs. When Johnny steals the painting the scene is set for the familiar Richie plot. Into this mess comes the wild bunch including characters with names like One Two, Mumbles and Handsome Bob. Although the plot is nothing new really it must be said that Rocknrolla is Richie's most technically accomplished film so far. Its gorgeously shot and better acted and has a fantastic soundtrack. If anything this film has made me curious to see what Guy Richie's version of Sherlock Holmes is going to be like. Richie also gets plus points for introducing Kebbell to the world and reminding us that Gerard Butler is a star after he seemed to not capitalize on the success of 300. The outcome of all this is slightly predictable although the scene is set for a new story to be told with these characters. Richie has said that he views this as the first part in a trilogy, personally I cannot see how this is going to work. ***1/2

74 replies since 25/8/2008, 20:06   2248 views