The Ugly Truth - visto in anteprima, **POSSIBILI SPOILERS**

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 18/11/2008, 11:55

He's a lion that I am proud to hunt

Group:
Administrator

ecco la testimonianza di una 'imbdiana' che ieri sera ha assistito ad un'anteprima del film:

All right, I haven't been to this message board in over a year- I used to be a regular but I dropped off right around the time Blast decided it'd be fun to make a bunch of hate-vids on YouTube. Not very ladylike, and it sucked the fun right out of the board. Hopefully it's a thing of the past.

But I digress- The Ugly Truth was great, I loved it! I won't give away any key details since the studio might change scenes, alter the ending, etc., so I'll just touch on a few key points I think are worth mentioning:

SPOILER (click to view)
1) Language = There were plenty of F-bombs and tons of vulgar talk (most of it from G.Butler- he plays a great jerk and you can tell he's having fun with the dialogue!) all thoughout the film, but we're all grown-ups, right? Nohing we haven't heard before. I hope they keep the edge in the film, the R-rated romantic comedy is fast becoming a staple at the theaters and opens the film to a more adult demographic- who needs a bunch of younger teens making noise in the audience anyway?

2) Gerry's chest= Yes, Gerry's chest is shown but only for a split second! You can tell he's in great shape but it seems that body from 300 is a thing of the past. Gerry's back to looking like a mortal.

3) Gerry's accent= There's a touch of Scottish but nowhere near as lovely as it was in RocknRolla. He sounded more like he was doing the voice he used in P.S. I Love You, minus the Irish. I prefer his normal accent, but then again Americanized Gerry is better than no Gerry at all!

4) Characters= Thankfully the story stays focused on Gerry and Katherine Heigl's characters (Mike & Abby). There are a few subplots but nothing to overshadow the main duo. They do have good chemistry and seem at ease with each other, enough that would make you believe they could be good friends off-screen.

5) Love Scenes= Sadly, only a few kisses- but great kisses! There was a love scene at the very end, but nothing was shown, aside from Gerry's collarbones and shoulder...what a waste...

All in all, I'd say that this was a great movie and I'm so glad I got a chance to see it- a perfect pick-me-up that will last the rest of the week. I'll definitely see it again when it comes out in the theaters and probably even buy the DVD!

If the studios don't change too much, then this film is a 9 out of 10- I count off for lack of a long scene with a shirtless Gerry.

In sostanza la ragazza è entusiasta,gli darebbe già così com'è 9 stelle su 10....certo il linguaggio è un po' pesanta,Gerry ha uno strano accento scozzese americanizzato e il suo fisico -pare- non sia più quello di 300...ma per il resto è GRANDISSIMO!

view post Posted on 2/4/2009, 12:09

Group:
Moderatore globale

un altro-credo sia un giornalista- che ha visto qualche scena in più rispetto a noi comuni mortali fans...

Speaking of movies I've been hard on, I don't think I've had many pleasant things to say about this Katherine Heigl romantic comedy. But as much as I hate to admit it, the world doesn't revolve around me and the UGLY TRUTH footage they showed played extremely well. It was basically scenes from the trailer expanded a bit with two scenes from the middle of the movie.
SPOILER (click to view)
First Katherine Heigl accidentally wears a pair of vibrating panties out to a work dinner. A little kid picks up the controller and starts pushing all the buttons while she starts moaning and jumping.

The next scene was at a baseball game where Gerard Butler is trying to teach Heigl how to get this guy interested. She accidentally spills a drink on his pants and she frantically tries to wipe it off. She's caught by the jumbotron cam and it looks like she's giving him a handjob.

Both scenes killed and as much as I hate to admit it, were pretty cute for a Katerine Heigl romantic comedy. Could be a surprise comedy hit this summer

Fonte: http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=25807

view post Posted on 2/4/2009, 23:57

Group:
Moderatore globale

ho trovato un altro che ha visto quest'anteprima...e dice qualcosa in più,e con più entusiasmo :D
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40622

- THE UGLY TRUTH...This was probably the surprise of the footage for me. The DISTRICT 9 stuff was as good as I was hoping it would be and I think the highlight of the day, but in terms of genuine surprise...going from no expectations to thinking a movie is going to turn out really good, I think THE UGLY TRUTH was the winner.

It’s a romantic comedy starring Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler as two local TV news personalities… he’s the gruff, rude, frank and flirty type and she’s the introverted beauty. It seems to be a Cyrano/Roxanne type tale, where Butler offers his talents in the male/female dynamic as a guide to help her land a hunky surgeon she has her eye on. I’d be shocked if the movie didn’t end with Heigl and Butler realizing they love each other, but the trip to that moment looks really funny.

SPOILER (click to view)
Two scenes in particular stood out for me. One takes place during a baseball game as Butler is feeding Heigl advice through an earpiece as she’s out on a date with the surgeon. Butler tells her to order a hot dog and slowly slide it into her mouth. She realizes what she’s doing and abruptly stops, knocking the contents of her soda into her date’s lap. She furiously scrubs his lap, apologizing and not noticing the uncomfortable, but pleased look on his face.

The baseball “Kiss Cam” angles in on them and, of course, it looks like she’s giving him a massive, vigorous handjob. All the players stop and look on, the crowd looks on and Butler lets it continue on for a bit before telling her to look up. She does and realizes what it looks like and looks horrified.

Okay, that was kind of funny. Then the scene that really stole it for me. Someone (probably Butler) sends Heigl a pair of “vibrating panties.” She looks confused as she opens it up and after some internal debate tries them on. Just as she gets them in position, there’s a knock at the door. It’s her boss, their dinner meeting is on and they have to leave right that minute. She barely has time to hide the remote in her purse before running out.

Of course, at the dinner she has to give some kind of update on a presentation and before she does that her purse gets kicked over and a kid picks up the remote for her vibrating panties. He shakes it around, trying to figure the device out and of course on go the vibrating panties.

Heigl realizes what’s going on, but is called to give her pitch before she can excuse herself and ends up having to hide her pleasure, which goes up in stages as the kid at the far table finds a knob that turns it from enjoyment to ecstasy. Heigl sells it, the best orgasm at a restaurant scene since WHEN HARRY MET SALLY...not that there have been a ton to choose from, mind you, but the comparison is inevitable.

What really makes the scene work though is Butler’s reactions. The surprise, confusion and then realization as he spots the kid with the remote. The way he just grins and sits back to enjoy the show, even going so far as to block her tries to shrug off the presentation to him just so he can watch her squirm (literally) is great.

Butler has a great sense of comedic timing and really makes me think this might go beyond just a cute rom-com. :occhilucidi:

gemini78
view post Posted on 3/4/2009, 11:16

CITAZIONE
Butler has a great sense of comedic timing and really makes me think this might go beyond just a cute rom-com.

Ohhh che bello! Mi sa che se questo film non saprà troppo di già visto sarà proprio grazie a Gerry!

18 replies since 25/9/2008, 10:38   259 views