Incontri con i fans e vari...

« Older   Newer »
arielcips
view post Posted on 7/1/2009, 08:36 by: arielcips

He's a lion that I am proud to hunt

Group:
Administrator

Qui c'è la testimonianza di una 'imbdiana' che lo avrebbe incontrato poche ore fa a NY...Dice che lo ha riconosciuto all'angolo di una strada e in qualche modo è riuscita a chiamarlo;forse non nel modo giusto(dice:forse lui ha pensato che volessi dargli una coltellata) comunque assicuratosi della sua innocuità l'avrebbe salutata con un 'Hei,come va?' e sarebbe passato avanti,scomparendo nella folla,che non gli dava nessuna particolare attenzione...nè lui faceva nulla per attirarla...

La fan però tiene a dire che aveva un aspetto... infernale:stanco,semi sconvolto,i capelli lucidi... Solo gli occhi splendidi,così splendidi che è stata sicura davvero fosse lui guardandoli...

Saw GB in NY today...or all of 8-10 seconds. It was at 41st and 8th Avenue, right in front of the bus station. I was walking in the opposite direction, after seeing a friend off to the airport, and was then going for some munchies at Duane Reade. I looked just a little to my left, and voila! there he was. He was wearing a kind of shabby grey jacket, unzipped (in New York, in January. Hello? [[smile]] ), baggy jeans, some ratty sneakers, I think, nothing on his head, and without Lolita.

As stunned as one might imagine I'd be at looking up and seeing him in front of me, I just kind of blurted out "Gerry! Gerard Butler, oh my goodness!" He acknowledged me well enough upon hearing his name, but I think he may have thought I wanted to knife him or something (I didn't do anything, honest!), and he sheepishly waved, said "Hi, how are you?" and continued on in the direction of lower Manhattan. For a split second, the urge to follow did take hold (I won't lie, LOL!), but as soon as it came, it went (I did have more important things to do, like getting my munchies for the ride home!) After another few seconds, I looked back, and he was swallowed up in the crowd that tends to swell at that particular stretch of road and I couldn't see him anymore. Somewhat anti-climactic and awkward, but, ah, well: New York streets aren't always good for the fan encounter, and he looked as if he had mad mucho on his mind anyway. Sigh, heck, maybe I'm not his type, who knows, LOL? (I am a woman, so I do posess the requisite equipment, but every man has their exception, no? [[smile]] )

Some quick observations from a quick encounter:

* He looked like hell, and I don't say this to disparage the man, but yeah, that's the long and short of it. Very tired, worn, ruddy faced, a lot of strain. I wonder if he'd only just gotten back from his New Year's trip or something. His eyes are rather dazzling, even in a state of hellishness, but they were rather watery as well. Could have been the cold weather. But he must be getting some shots of something, because the years are definitely catching him, and he doesn't always look like that in the press photos...

* His hair seems lighter (the non-grey bits) in person. Stubbly-stubbly, as usual.

* As he went, there was no audible whooping from anyone that I could hear, so as it goes in New York, most people there seem to kind of let famous folks go as they please. In a way, he didn't look that much like "himself" that people might even take notice. I wonder if TMZ was anywhere in the vicinity?

BTW: I also saw the cop from Law and Order walking with the family, the one who plays Mariska Hargitay's partner? Hmm, seems as if the middle of the workday in the middle of the week is the best time for celeb sitings in New York! I've never had this happen when I've been there on a Saturday night!

Well, that's that, gang. Be well.

1022 replies since 20/12/2008, 11:29   23344 views