He's a lion that I am proud to hunt

Group:
Moderatore globale

quasi grido al miracolo... :cheeerleaders:

view post Posted on 17/1/2010, 09:57

Group:
Administrator

Si torna a parlare del film sul 'prete di strada'...e se ne parla bene soprattutto relativamente alle scelte coraggiose di Gerry... che invece di capitalizzare il successo di cassetta di LAC,adesso si dedica a questa pproduzione indipendente e sicuramente 'povera'....

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/gerard-b..._medium=twitter

While some actors would capitalize on a box office hit like Law Abiding Citizen by seeking the biggest payday in the marketplace, Gerard Butler is going a different way. He has teamed with director Marc Forster to tell the story of Sam Childers, a former drug-dealing biker tough guy who found God and became a crusader for hundreds of Sudanese children who've been kidnapped and pressed into duty as soldiers.

Butler wants to play Childers in Machine Gun Preacher, which Forster will direct from a script he developed with screenwriter Jason Keller. After watching an NBC Dateline news story on Childers' crusade, producer Robbie Brenner and Keller tracked him down to secure the rights to his memoir Another Man‘s War: The True Story of One Man‘s Battle to Save Children in the Sudan. Childers’ response, according to insiders, was something like, “Who the hell are you, and why the fuck should I trust you with my life story?” Raised by a tough ironworker father and taught to be a brawler with a hatred of bullies, Childers emerged from a dead-end future to become a preacher who found some real bullies to battle. Moved by the stories of the atrocities committed by rebels under the command of Joseph Kony’s Lord’s Resistance Army, Childers established an orphanage to house 200 children, then formed a militia to protect them, recover other kidnapped kids, and dispense outlaw justice on their captors. The Keller script was developed independently with funding from Gary Safady's and Craig Chapman’s Kaushi Entertainment. (Safady is a real estate entrepreneur.) Forster and his Apparatus partner Brad Simpson are producing with Brenner, Deborah Girratana, and the Kaushi duo.

Working with Forster who's known for coaxing good performances out of actors (i.e. Monsters Ball), Keller turned in a script that hooked Butler who wants the chance to show some acting chops to go with his 300 brawn. If he has his way, Machine Gun Preacher will start production later this year. The package is now being shopped for production financing by CAA and Management 360.

Keller is an up and coming writer who recently turned in a draft on the Fox film about the 1960s rivalry for sportscar supremacy between Ferrari and Ford, Race to the Death. Forster is attached to several projects -- The Chancellor Manuscript, and the zombie saga World War Z with Brad Pitt at Paramount, and Angelology at Sony.

Kyriem
view post Posted on 17/1/2010, 10:35

Speriamo bene figliole...
Io me lo auguro che faccia dei film bellissimi e questo sembra una bella storia, spero abbiamo fatto altrettanto buon lavoro con la sceneggiatura...
Oddio, dopo TBH andare più giù non c'è verso... (dopo la cornacchia c'è solo la risalita..ehehe)

view post Posted on 18/1/2010, 19:09

Group:
Administrator

Qui si parla ancora del progetto Childers... addirittura supponendo potersi trattare di un film fatto su misura per ottenere un oscar... tuttavia relativamente a Gerry c'è un po' puzza di luoghi comuni...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Gerard-Butl...hans-16604.html
Gerard Butler is already famous for playing an idealized, slightly silly version of a real-life hero from the very, very distant past, so why not go for something a little more realistic and modern-- but equally ass-kicking? According to Deadline Hollywood, Butler will play Sam Childers in Machine Gun Preacher, true story of a former drug dealer and biker who found religion and set up an orphanage to rescue 200 kids from the ongoing civil war in Sudan.

Marc Forster, of Quantum of Solace, would direct, based on Childers' memoir Another Man's War: The True Story of One Man's Battle to Save Children in the Sudan. Apparently when producer Robbie Brenner and screenwriter Jason Keller tracked down Childers to ask for the rights, he chewed them out, which makes me love the guy from the get-go.

Even though the project sounds like a tailor-made studio Oscar bait project, it's going forward through independent financing. That might change with Butler on board-- after all, we love nothing more than seeing someone famous for his muscles actually try and, you know, act for a change.

gra70
view post Posted on 19/1/2010, 09:59

E ne parlano anche in Italia :cheeerleaders: :cheeerleaders:

Fonte: www.moviesushi.it/html/news-Gerard_..._fede-4435.html

Gerard Butler volerà in Sudan per trovare la fede?
[di Diego Scerrati]

Il fatto di essere diventato praticamente una garanzia per il box-office americano fa sì che Gerard Butler abbia più di una possibilità che un suo progetto cinematografico da tempo inseguito vada finalmente in porto.

I due film di cui è stato protagonista quest'anno non sono andati benissimo in quanto a critica, ma hanno fatto felici le casse dei produttori: La dura verità ha totalizzato 89 milioni di dollari, mentre Law Abiding Citizen (in arrivo in Italia il 16 aprile) è arrivato inaspettatamente a quota 73. Adesso però l'attore vuole impegnarsi per realizzare un film più impegnato e che metta più in risalto le sue doti recitative, e per farlo ha chiamato il regista Marc Forster (Neverland - Un sogno per la vita, Il cacciatore di aquiloni).

Si chiamerà Machine Gun Preacher e, a detta dell'attore, racconterà la storia di Sam Childers, "un ex-trafficante di droga che trova la fede e diventa il difensore di centinaia di bambini del Sudan che vengono rapiti e obbligati a divnetare soldati".

Il progetto sembra avviato verso felici esiti, anche se probabilmente Marc Forster dirigerà prima The Chancellor Manuscript, un thriller che avrà per protagonista Leonardo di Caprio.

(Fonte: Collider)

]

view post Posted on 19/1/2010, 10:29

Group:
Administrator

Questo articolo italiano mi piace proprio,visto che sottolinea anche come Gerry - pur bistrattato dalla critica- è una garanzia invece di successo!!!

view post Posted on 19/1/2010, 12:00

Group:
Moderatore globale

la cosa si fa interessante :woot:

iam.what.iam
view post Posted on 19/1/2010, 17:43

pare sia ufficiale gerard ha firmato per MACHINE GUN PREACHER...leggete ell'indirizzo:uk
se va bene questa volta farà un film decente
press association

scusate ripeto...devo prendere confidenza con le funzioni del blog..
mr.B ha firmato per machine gun preacher, questo dice la uk press di 1 ora fa che trovate all'indirizzo:
UKPA

SEMBRA UN FILM SERIO...WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW
:D :rolleyes: :blink: :woot: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

view post Posted on 19/1/2010, 17:52

Group:
Administrator

Grazie Iam...

Posto l'articolo direttamente:

Gerard Butler is to star as a humanitarian aid worker in Machine Gun Preacher.

The Scottish hunk has signed up to play Sam Childers, a former drug-taking biker who found religion and dedicated his life to helping kidnapped and abused children and child-soldiers in Africa, based on a true story and directed by Marc Forster, Deadline Hollywood reports.

Childers' book Another Man's War: The True Story Of One Man's Battle To Save Children In The Sudan has been adapted into a film script by writer Jason Keller, and fine-tuned by Keller and Forster working together.

It was originally reported by a Pennsylvania news website that Butler had visited Childers to talk about his life and work, but Deadline Hollywood has now reported the 300 star has signed on for the role.

Copyright © 2010 The Press Association.

amelia300
view post Posted on 19/1/2010, 19:11

www.bestmovie.it/acm-on-line/Home/News/articolo6700.html

Uffi vorrei facesse un altro genere!! Lo preferisco nei film romantici/drammatici tipo P.S. I love you, Timeline e il fantasma dell'opera!!!!

view post Posted on 19/1/2010, 19:15

Group:
Administrator

Un secondo articolo dall'Italia,grazie Amelia... lo posto direttamente:

Gerard Butler trova la fede in Machine Gun Preacher
Nel nuovo film di Marc Forster l’attore scozzese sarà un ex spacciatore di droga convertito che dedica la sua vita a salvare i bambini del Sudan

19/01/2010 - Reduce da film d’azione come Law Abiding Citizen (al cinema dal 16 aprile) e Gamer (nelle nostre sale dal 19 marzo), il muscoloso Gerard Butler sarà il protagonista del drammatico A Machine Gun Preacher , diretto dal regista di 007 – Quantum of Solace , Marc Forster. Tratto da una storia vera, il film racconta le vicende di Sam Childers, uno spacciatore di droga che, dopo aver trovato la fede, ha deciso di dedicare la sua vita per salvare i bambini africani dagli abusi e dai numerosi rapimenti nelle zone di guerra del Sudan. Attualmente, Childers vive con la moglie Paige nel più grande orfanotrofio del Sudan, fondato da loro qualche anno fa, che accoglie oltre 300 bambini, ed è stato la base di oltre 1000 salvataggi di giovani sfruttati e di baby-soldiers. La storia di Sam Childers è raccontata nel libro Another Man's War: The True Story Of One Man's Battle To Save Children In The Sudan ed è stata riadattata dallo sceneggiatore Jason Keller. Le riprese dovrebbero iniziare entro la fine dell’anno.

Pa.Si.

nikuzzact
view post Posted on 19/1/2010, 20:26

:rolleyes: ieri,fra le tante cose,abbiamo parlato di come,al nostro Gerryno,nn vengano dati ruoli seri e dove possa uscire tutta la sua vena artistica e puff...avverato il sogno...aaaaaaaaaaaaah...me moooooooooolto contenta :clap: :woot:

iam.what.iam
view post Posted on 29/1/2010, 16:09

Posto qui il link ad un video preso da MOVIE NEWS in cui si conferma la firma sul nuovo progetto di Machine Gun le cui riprese inizieranno più tardi quest'anno:

Buona visione
:felice:

Edited by sabrinta - 29/1/2010, 16:37

view post Posted on 3/2/2010, 14:20

Group:
Administrator

In questo articolo vengono brevemente riassunti i passi mossi da Butler ed altri per la realizzazione del film; di nuovo c'è la notizia della 'commissione' ad un artista (scenografo,fotografo?ingegnere? boh) di tre progetti destinati al 'predicatore': un trattore e due motociclette(sbav) che appariranno nel film...E che le riprese inizieranno a maggio,in Pennsylvania...

www.examiner.com/examiner/x-30536-G...ne-Gun-Preacher

In ultimo la giornalista si domanda:

Sarà questo il ruolo drammatico degno di oscar per recitare il quale Gerard Butler è nato ?...

Is Gerard Butler a 'Machine Gun Preacher'?

Gerard Butler is showing lots of interest in a new film, Machine Gun Preacher, being developed based on a book by Sam Childers, a former drug-dealing biker who found God and became a crusader for hundreds of Sudanese children who’ve been kidnapped and pressed into duty as soldiers in the Lord’s Resistance Army.

Childers established an orphanage, the Children's Village, in the Southern Sudan to house 300 children, then formed a militia to protect them, recover other kidnapped kids, and dispense outlaw justice on their captors.

The memoir, Another Man‘s War: The True Story of One Man‘s Battle to Save Children in the Sudan, prompted a Dateline NBC segment on Childers' work and caught the attention of producer Robbie Brenner and screenwriter Jason Keller who approached him about the film rights to his story.

Now it seems the film may very well become a reality.

Not only did Butler meet with Childers late last year in Central City, PA, but according to Deadline Hollywood, the project is being shopped around by CAA and Management 360.

Marc Forster (Quantum of Solace, Monster's Ball, The Kite Runner) is on board to direct the film.

The Daily American reported last weeks that Somerset Pennsylvania artist Casey Kennell recently completed a trailer for Childers to use on his summer book tour and has been commissioned to complete three more paintings for the preacher: one for a truck and two for motorcycles that are to appear in the movie.

Filming may begin this May in Reels Corner, Pennsylvania.

Could this be the award-winning dramatic role Butler was born to play?

nikuzzact
view post Posted on 3/2/2010, 14:47

CITAZIONE
Sarà questo il ruolo drammatico degno di oscar per recitare il quale Gerard Butler è nato ?...

speriamo...

160 replies since 14/12/2009, 23:29   2423 views