MGP: news dal set

« Older   Newer »
Mina*
view post Posted on 1/8/2010, 19:09

Se andrą in Africa, chissą se avremo altre foto. Comunque bella foto, a parte qualche piccolo particolare :D
Il ragazzo della foto ha avuto la fortuna di far girare le riprese a casa sua, l'hanno scelta come location. Ha scritto un resoconto sul sito delle GALS (adesso capisco perchč il suo nickname č Polar Bear! :lol: )

www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33575

Hello, ladies! I've been watching this site for a while now seeing that you all are really big fans of Gerard. I'm a guy (even though this is a site for gals, hence the name!), but I have some news for you all that you might be interested in. I have to be careful of what I say, because I was told not to say too much. But......

Machine Gun Preacher is being filmed at my house here in Michigan. It's pretty insane. I'm going to just tell my story of what I've been though in these past few months.

It all started with a location scout slowly driving up my driveway at about 10AM one morning about two months ago. I went out to see who it was and he told me about the movie and that they were looking for locations that would be suitable to film at. So I take his card, show him around the property and he shakes my hand and says he might be in contact with me. OK. Whatever. No way cool stuff like that happens to me, right?

The very next day, he calls and says he wants to take some photos of the place. So he comes back out with a photographer and they click off about a million pictures. All of a sudden, every week more and more people are coming over. Set designers, carpenters, producers, even the director, Marc Forster. (he's really really cool by the way. Super nice guy.) So it came down to my house and another house about an hour from me. As you all can imagine, I'm really wanting this gig and am nervous as hell. I get a phone call one day and they say they want to shoot it at my house. Awesome.

So now I just have to wait for them to come and do their thing. They spent two weeks fixing up my house to their likings and cleaning, putting their furniture in etc.... That was all exciting, but what happens next is the totally awesome part.

They start shooting. There are trucks, trailers, cars and a whole barrage of people working at my house. Lights, cameras, monitors, the whole nine yards. As a matter of fact, they are there right now doing a late shoot. My fiancé just texted me saying that there were about 100 people in the street trying to get a glimpse of Gerry. The cops had to tell everyone to leave. Just crazy. All the movie people are really nice to us and let us come and go as we please. I feel like a V.I.P going to the club. Haha!

So here's the part you all are waiting for. I met Gerry (and thats what I call him..."Hey Gerry! Whats up man?!?" LOL) and he's soooooo cool. Just totally down to earth and very nice guy. I've been talking to him for the past two days and he's just pleasant to be around. Its like there is no awkward moments, because he's extremely good at keeping a conversation going. He's also a big jokester. The first day I met him I was standing a little aways from my house and he was by my front door. He started to yell out to the crew (knowing I was listening) "HEY GUYS!! SOMEONE NEEDS TO FIX THESE WINDOWS IN THE BACK THAT WE BUSTED OUT!!" Then looked at me and started laughing. What was really neat about him, is that he asked what I did for a living, how I liked living in Michigan, and all that boring stuff no one really cares about...except he seemed really interested in it. All I have to say is that he's a class act and does not act like a stuck up celebrity at all. My fiancé and sister asked if they could take a picture with him and he was totally cool. When he asked me if I wanted a pic with him, I said "Thats OK. You get enough people asking for pics and autographs." He looked at me and said "No way...get over here!" So I did.

Its a crazy awesome time and I'm really excited about all this. I know you all are die hard fans, so I thought I'd share my story with you gals, because you'd appreciate it more than other people. The only thing is, I cant give out the location of where they are filming, where Gerry is staying or anything like that. And I cant get anyone on set that is outside of my immediate family. Sorry. If I could figure out how to insert a Jpeg image on here, I'd show you a pic of him and I. I must be computer dumb or something.

Edited by Mina* - 1/8/2010, 21:00

15 replies since 6/7/2010, 21:39   1053 views