« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 5/2/2012, 11:05

He's a lion that I am proud to hunt

Group:
Administrator

Da malta,un'altra recensione entusiasta:

http://www.maltatoday.com.mt/en/magazinede...olanus-20120204

In particolare del cast leggiamo:

It is a credit to Fiennes that all of these themes - despite being delivered in Shakespeare's original language - do come through. Of course, it helps that he surrounds himself with an excellent cast. Vanessa Redgrave is particularly engrossing as pushy parent extraordinaire Volumnia. The range of emotion she is made to express is impressive enough on its own, and the experienced British actress glides through Shakespeare's verse effortlessly. Jessica Chastain and Brian Cox - playing Coriolanus's wife and main advisor respectively - add a much needed humanity, while Gerard Butler gets Aufidius just right: he's a rough and tumble man of action, who despite being labelled a savage by the opposing side, does know a thing or two about honour.

gemini78
view post Posted on 3/3/2012, 20:18

Credo che sposerò l'uomo che ha scritto questa recensione :lol:

Unfortunately, the talents of Gerard Butler (Aufidius) and Jessica Chastain (Virgilia) are wasted in these roles (and I think reversing Butler and Fiennes' parts could have resulted in a truly great film).

www.slackerwood.com/node/2751

view post Posted on 15/4/2012, 19:57

Group:
Administrator

..anche questa recensione non è male...

http://blogs.wwlp.com/2012/04/14/coriolanus/

In particolare:

Gerard Butler takes a welcome vacation from stupid Hollywood romantic comedies to show what a truly fine Shakespearean actor he really is.

view post Posted on 15/4/2012, 22:49

Group:
Moderatore globale

CITAZIONE (arielcips @ 15/4/2012, 20:57) 
..anche questa recensione non è male...

http://blogs.wwlp.com/2012/04/14/coriolanus/

In particolare:

Gerard Butler takes a welcome vacation from stupid Hollywood romantic comedies to show what a truly fine Shakespearean actor he really is.

:occhilucidi: :occhilucidi: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

grace67
view post Posted on 15/4/2012, 23:20

BENE!!!!! PROMUOVETELO DI PIU' E MEGLIO!|!!!! OFFRITEGLI FILM INTERESSANTI E BUONI REGISTI!!!! GERARD BUTLER HA FINITO DI FARE 300, O ANCORA NON VE NE SIETE ACCORTI???? E LE COMMEDIE LE FANNO TUTTI GLI ATTORI ATTORONI E NON FATE TANTE STORIE, INIZIATE A PARLARNE BENE QUANDO SE LO MERITA.....ecc ecc ....parole...parole...parole...

view post Posted on 16/4/2012, 15:59

Group:
Moderatore globale

ogni tanto devo fare la moderatrice,oltre che sbavare su Gerry...

Grace per favore potresti evitare di scrivere in stampatello?La netiquette di internet lo sconsiglia,è come se stessi urlando ;) Grazie.

grace67
view post Posted on 16/4/2012, 20:11

oooooops ...chiedo scusa...se vuoi, cancello.. :cry:

view post Posted on 16/4/2012, 22:26

Group:
Moderatore globale

CITAZIONE (grace67 @ 16/4/2012, 21:11) 
oooooops ...chiedo scusa...se vuoi, cancello.. :cry:

ma no,non c'è bisogno di cancellare,tranquilla ;)

Ginevraa
view post Posted on 19/6/2012, 22:08

Direi che non gli è proprio piaciuto.....

http://ilviviani.blogspot.it/2012/06/il-vi...i-film-che.html

Il Viviani - dizionario dei film che Shakespeare comunque non avrebbe visto
CORIOLANUS - Ralph Fiennes, 2011

Mi ricordo che, ad un certo punto negli anni '90, andava di moda fare film tratti da qualcosa di Shakespeare, ma ambientati in un diverso periodo storico. Alcuni erano carini, altri decisamente brutti.

Proprio quando pensiamo che certe cose, come le spalline e le scarpe da ginnastica con la zeppa, siano ormai retaggio del passato... ecco arrivare Ralph Fiennes!

Il poverino forse sperava di ricordare al pubblico i suoi trascorsi nella Royal Shakespeare Company, ma il risultato è più che altro una versione dark dei film shakespeariani di Kenneth Branagh. E Gerard Butler che fa il cattivo... fa ridere.

Giudizio Unico Inappellabile: lo sforzo per arginare il dialogo teatrale è notevole, ma vano.

Tre patacchini per l'impegno.

view post Posted on 20/6/2012, 09:21

Group:
Administrator

..antipatico!

view post Posted on 20/6/2012, 10:25

Group:
Moderatore globale

CITAZIONE (arielcips @ 20/6/2012, 10:21) 
..antipatico!

sottoscrivo <_<

gemini78
view post Posted on 12/10/2012, 12:46

Un'altra recensione

DVD Review: Coriolanus

Coriolanus

Passionate Shakespeare for the now.

This modern-day adaptation of Shakespeare’s tale of Coriolanus is given an intense and visceral setting by director Ralph Fiennes.

The impact of the film is kept and even enhanced on the small screen, with strong performances by Ralph Fiennes, Vanessa Redgrave and Gerard Butler.

Set in the present in “a place called Rome”, we are introduced to the feared General Coriolanus (Fiennes), the protector of Rome, who is in constant battle to quell uprisings of the civilians against the state. Backed by his over-ambitious mother Volumina (Redgrave) Coriolanus attempts to become consul, a powerful position in the senate. But after alienating the public and causing a riot, Coriolanus is exiled, only to return leading a rebel army after uniting with his sworn enemy Tullus Aufidius (Butler).

The uprisings take the form of riots and protests much like those happening all over the world now, which brings the violence and intensity of the story close to home.

Especially with the format of the DVD the viewer can be forgiven for mistaking the drama of the riots for the evening news report with the close captioning taking the form of news heads.

The explosive nature of the battles between Coriolanus and Aufidius grip the viewer while the original dialogue, delivered with passion and fury by both Fiennes and Butler, mesmerises.

The fearsome character of Coriolanus is taken to an extreme when viewed on the small screen, with Fiennes’s commitment to the character’ righteousness, intensity, power and fury dominating

The relationship between Coriolanus and his mother shapes the course of his destiny and Redgrave executes her intimidating performance as the woman shaping and changing the hero’s course with grace and cold control.

The depth of the characters, the unfolding tragedy and violence and the delivery of the original Shakespearean dialogue grips the viewer by the throat from the opening scene right to the bloody climax of this fascinating tale that remains current despite being more than 400 years old.

SPECIAL FEATURES: None. – Matthew Jordaan

http://www.iol.co.za/tonight/movies/dvd-re...93#.UHgC928xqxk

41 replies since 6/9/2011, 15:03   560 views