Thunder Run - aggiornamenti sulla produzione

« Older   Newer »
gemini78
view post Posted on 22/5/2012, 08:57

Se non si è capito, anche dagli altri pezzi dell'intervista, a Gerry piacciono la violenza e l'azione... :...:

gemini78
view post Posted on 23/8/2012, 14:20

Si torna a parlare di questo film

Gerard Butler Gets Us Excited For 'Thunder Run'

Remember last year when Gerald Butler, Sam Worthington and Matthew McConaughey signed up for that CG 3D Iraq War action movie, "Thunder Run"? It was initially billed as the "first-ever conventional war film made to utilize this revolutionary facial and motion capture technology and state of the art CG and 3D,” and according to Butler himself, it's as nutty as it sounds. But nutty-awesome, not actually nutty.

"It's a crazy project. I've read a few war movies. I've read a few action movies, and this may be the best war movie I ever read," Butler told MTV News recently when we caught up with him for his surfing drama "Chasing Mavericks".

Butler went on to say that he was blown away by the script and the pre-vis reel he saw before signing on. "It is, when I saw the pre-vis package that they did, the same [kind of pre-vis package] as they did for '300,'" he said. "They showed me this piece that they put together that was like a one and a half-minute piece. I'd never seen anything like it. It's going to be breaking new ground in making movies, and thank God on top of that it was a great script."

That script, written by Ken Nolan of "Black Hawk Down," tells a more multi-dimensional story than a typical war movie. "It's a better script than that even ['Black Hawk Down']," Butler said. "It's so tight. When you jump into this story you are in those tanks with those guys rolling it. And you're also with the families in Iraq. You're really on both sides of the fence, and you understand the journeys of the Iraqis and the Americans. The Americans aren't just gung-ho. It's a bunch of kids who've never seen war up close before."

"Thunder Run" is based on Pulitzer Prize-winning correspondent David Zucchino's non-fiction book "Thunder Run - The Armored Strike to Capture Baghdad," and will be directed by "Expendables 2" helmer Simon West.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2012/08/23/gerar...er-thunder-run/

view post Posted on 8/10/2012, 10:05

He's a lion that I am proud to hunt

Group:
Moderatore globale

pare che il film non verrà girato prima di marzo!Quindi comincia il toto-impegni...che farà Gerry fino ad allora?? :P

THUNDER RUN - March, 2013 - Los Angeles, CA; Details Are only Available By Subscription.. STORY: David Zucchino, originally embedded with the Army's 101st Airborne Division, found himself switched to 2nd Brigade of the 3rd Infantry Division as it entered Baghdad on a "thunder run" in 2003. (Posted: June 28, 2011. Revised: October 8, 2012)

http://www.myentertainmentworld.com/mew/fi...newlisting.html

Mina*
view post Posted on 8/10/2012, 10:52

Ci saranno da fare delle premiere...

view post Posted on 8/10/2012, 11:14

Group:
Moderatore globale

questo è vero,fino agli inizi di dicembre avrà da fare...ma poi? :P

Mina*
view post Posted on 8/10/2012, 11:20

CITAZIONE (sabrinta @ 8/10/2012, 12:14) 
ma poi? :P

Poi se la svagherà come suo solito :D

gemini78
view post Posted on 8/10/2012, 12:10

Continua a rimandare... uffa... quest'anno ha girato solo un film.

Monika.
view post Posted on 8/10/2012, 20:16

Staremo a vedere...

view post Posted on 28/10/2012, 22:15

Group:
Moderatore globale

udite udite,pare che il film partirà a novembre...di nuovo!Speriamo bene :P

THUNDER RUN - November 13, 2012 - Los Angeles, CA & Baton Rouge, LA

http://www.myentertainmentworld.com/mew/fi...newlisting.html

view post Posted on 13/1/2013, 10:06

Group:
Administrator

..Si riparla del film con una lunga intervista al personaggio che ha ispirato la vicenda...

http://cumberlink.com/entertainment/local-...1a4bcf887a.html

gemini78
view post Posted on 5/3/2013, 21:33

Pare che le riprese inizieranno a luglio

THUNDER RUN - July 1, 2013 - Atlanta, GA; STORY: David Zucchino, originally embedded with the Army's 101st Airborne Division, found himself switched to 2nd Brigade of the 3rd Infantry Division as it entered Baghdad on a "thunder run" in 2003. (Posted: June 28, 2011. Revised: March 4, 2013)

view post Posted on 6/3/2013, 22:10

Group:
Moderatore globale

uh hanno resuscitato il progetto :mmm: che gioia...ehm

view post Posted on 6/8/2013, 15:57

Group:
Administrator

In questa intervista al regista Simon west si ritorna a parlare di Thunder Run:

www.denofgeek.com/movies/stolen/26723/director-simon-west-stolen-con-air-rick-astley-and-more

So can you tell me a bit more about what Thunder Run's about?

It's a true story about a tank battle in the Iraq war, so it's more like Blackhawk Down, which is a film I developed a few years ago. To my mind, it's even better than Blackhawk Down. It's one of those films that couldn't even be done [in live action] - you'd need a billion dollars, and no one's going to spend a billion dollars on a war film. So it's going to be done using photorealistic CGI, so it's not stylised like 300 or anything like that. It's more like Blackhawk Down, but done entirely motion-captured.

Technology's so sophisticated now, with the facial capture we're researching at the moment, that you don't have that weird, unnaturalness about it that makes you feel uncomfortable; it's almost impossible to tell that it is CGI. But the difference is that we can make it on a gigantic scale. We'll build Baghdad for real, and we'll have 80 tanks and 20 fighting vehicles and jets and things like that. We have unlimited resources, because we're building it on a computer.

So it's an action movie, like Blackhawk Down was, but it's done using a totally different technique. Gerard Butler's the lead in it, and it should break a few boundaries, hopefully, because no one's yet done a drama. They've done films with part CG and part motion capture, and family films. But this is the first action movie drama, and such an incredible true story. It's a very tough, emotional film. It's the first tank battle film we've had in many, many years.

As you say, it's so unusual to have a CG film that's for adults rather than children, at least in the west. Perhaps in Japan, it's a bit more common.

Exactly, and there seems to be a real gap to me, because the possibilities are great, and it doesn't have to be fantasy or sci-fi or a family film. A big action film is perfect for CGI - just the scale you can make it on, the world you can build. I definitely see it as a new subgenre, and I'm already planning films that use the same technique. Like I said, the technology is accelerating so fast - every six months, the quality's doubled. I think it's an all-new genre in film.

Read more: http://weiner1proboardscom.proboards.com/t...6#ixzz2bCXHRJt0

gemini78
view post Posted on 24/9/2013, 22:00

Me l'ero persa, grazie Ariel! Aggiungo anche questa parte:

So what have you got next? Is Thunder Run set to be your next film?

Yeah. It's an unusual one, because it's entirely CGI. It's a motion capture film, so it's not done to a normal production schedule. I'd already done six months on it last year, doing pre-vizzes and building what we call the assets in the computer. We only need the actors for two weeks, and it can be any time, really.

So it's one of those things that's running concurrently with the other things I'm doing, because it's not like a live-action film - it's a long, slow process that's computer-based. We can do it in our own building, really. So it's running concurrently with a live-action film I'm doing. I'm not sure what live-action film I'm doing next - I'm reading scripts at the moment, and planning next year.

Read more: www.denofgeek.com/movies/stolen/267...e#ixzz2fqWgW6F0

view post Posted on 25/9/2013, 12:34

Group:
Moderatore globale

insomma non lo vogliono proprio abbandonare questo progetto... -_- :P

59 replies since 27/10/2011, 21:12   756 views