Les Miserables

« Older   Newer »
iam.what.iam
view post Posted on 7/1/2013, 18:20

Les Misérables Movie Passes the $100 Million Mark at the Box Office

......Now a bonafide box office smash, Les Misérables, which cost $61 million to produce, joins the rank of other stage to screen musicals to cross the $100 million mark including Chicago, Hairspray and Mamma Mia!

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/166454/les-mi...the-box-office/

thumbsup
groupwave

gemini78
view post Posted on 9/1/2013, 20:00

‘Lincoln,’ ‘Les Miserables, ‘Life of Pi’ lead nominations for British Academy Film Awards

LONDON — Historical biopic “Lincoln” leads the race for the British Academy Film Awards, with 10 nominations including best picture and best actor — but nothing for director Steven Spielberg.

Epic musical “Les Miserables” and boy-meets-tiger saga “Life of Pi” received nine nominations each Wednesday for Britain’s equivalent of the Oscars. James Bond adventure “Skyfall” got eight — rare awards recognition for an action movie — and Iran hostage thriller “Argo” took seven.

“Lincoln” is also tipped for a clutch of nominations when Hollywood’s Academy Awards finalists are announced Thursday. The critically praised film focuses on the last months in the life of U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, as he struggled to end the Civil War and pass a constitutional amendment banning slavery.

Britain’s Daniel Day-Lewis is nominated for leading actor for his uncanny embodiment of the iconic president, and there are supporting nominations for Sally Field as his wife Mary Todd Lincoln and Tommy Lee Jones as abolitionist firebrand Thaddeus Stevens.

The best picture nominees are “Lincoln,” ‘’Les Miserables,” ‘’Life of Pi,” ‘’Argo” and Osama bin Laden thriller “Zero Dark Thirty.”

“Les Miserables” is also a contender in the separate category of best British film, alongside “Anna Karenina,” ‘’The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel,” ‘’Seven Psychopaths” and “Skyfall.”

“Les Mis” producer Tim Bevan said he was pleased with the movie’s nine nominations, but surprised director Tom Hooper didn’t make the shortlist.

“Steven Spielberg wasn’t nominated for best director for ‘Lincoln,’ which tops the list, so it just goes to show how wide open it is this year,” he said.

Hooper, who made Oscar winner “The King’s Speech,” said he was thrilled for Jackman and supporting actress nominee Anne Hathaway — and not too upset about being overlooked.

“I am definitely disappointed but I am consoled that Steven Spielberg woke up to the same news this morning. I feel like I’m in good company if I’m with him,” Hooper said.

Ben Affleck is nominated both as director of “Argo” and as its leading actor. The other male acting contenders are Day-Lewis, Bradley Cooper for “Silver Linings Playbook,” Hugh Jackman for “Les Miserables” and Joaquin Phoenix for “The Master.”

The enigmatic Phoenix said he was “uncomfortably honored” by the nomination.

“Skyfall” star Daniel Craig was snubbed, but the film received supporting acting nominations for Judi Dench’s spy chief and Javier Bardem’s scene-stealing baddie.

The best-actress shortlist includes: 85-year-old “Amour” star Emmanuelle Riva, who was nominated for the same prize 52 years ago for “Hiroshima, Mon Amour”; Jennifer Lawrence for “Silver Linings Playbook”; Jessica Chastain for “Zero Dark Thirty”; Marion Cotillard for “Rust and Bone”; and Helen Mirren for “Hitchcock.”

Mirren said it had been wonderful to play Hitchcock’s wife in Sacha Gervasi’s film.

“Alma Reville was more than Hitchcock’s wife, in many ways she was his muse, his assistant, his editor and more, and I am proud to have had the opportunity to portray her,” Mirren said.

Besides Affleck, the heavyweight best-director list includes, Michael Haneke for Cannes Film Festival prize-winner “Amour,” Quentin Tarantino for “Django Unchained,” Ang Lee for “Life of Pi” and Kathryn Bigelow for “Zero Dark Thirty.”

Poignant old-age portrait “Amour” is up for best foreign-language film, along with Norway’s “Headhunters,” Denmark’s “The Hunt” and French films “Rust and Bone” and “Untouchable.”

In recent years, the British awards, known as BAFTAs, have helped underdog films including “Slumdog Millionaire,” ‘’The King’s Speech” and “The Artist” gain momentum for success at the Oscars.

The winners will be announced at a ceremony in London on Feb. 10, two weeks before the Hollywood awards.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainmen...8dfa_story.html

iam.what.iam
view post Posted on 9/1/2013, 22:23

Les Misérables Film Soundtrack Nabs No. 1 Slot on Billboard 200 Chart

The single-disc highlights soundtrack of Tom Hooper's acclaimed film of Les Misèrables has placed No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart, according to Billboard.com.

With 92,000 copies sold, "Les Misèrables: Highlights From the Motion Picture Soundtrack" is the first soundtrack to nab the No. 1 spot since "The Hunger Games" premiered last spring. Prior to that, the 2009 film of "Hanna Montana" was the last movie musical to land in the top slot........

full article

gemini78
view post Posted on 9/1/2013, 23:21

Ce l'ho :D

gemini78
view post Posted on 10/1/2013, 16:30

Sono uscite le nominations per gli oscar

Oscar 2013: ecco tutte le nomination!
Svelate le candidature dell’85esima edizione degli Academy Awards, annunciate da Emma Stone e Seth MacFarlane

Emma Stone e Seth MacFarlane hanno annunciato tutte le nomination dell’85esima edizione degli Academy Awards (clicca qui per rivedere il video della cerimonia) al Samuel Goldwyn Theater di Beverly Hills. I film più nominati sono Lincoln (12 nomination), Vita di Pi (11 nomination), Les Misérables (8 nomination), Argo (7 nomination), Django Unchained (5 nomination), Skyfall (5 nomination) e – a sorpresa – Amour (anch’esso 5 nominations, tra cui miglior film, miglior regia e migliore attrice).
Vi ricordiamo che le statuette verranno consegnate il 24 febbraio.

Miglior film

Miglior attore protagonista

Miglior attrice non protagonista

Miglior canzone originale
Les Misérables, Suddendly

Migliori costumi

Miglior make-up

Miglior scenografia

Miglior mixaggio sonoro

gemini78
view post Posted on 12/1/2013, 19:42

‘Les Misérables’ In Britain Opens #1 Today

By NIKKI FINKE, Editor in Chief | Friday January 11, 2013 @ 7:39pm PST

Today’s overseas openings for Working Title/Universal’s Oscar-nominated Les Misérables pushes it past $200 million worldwide. Domestic grosses are currently at $109M and international grosses at $96.7M before it opens in four other territories this weekend: New Zealand, Netherlands, Cyprus and Vietnam. With tonight’s releases, Tom Hooper’s adaptedd musical is currently open in 22 international territories with 40 still to come over the next two months. Les Misérables had a record-shattering opening in the UK today, grossing an estimated $3.7M (£2.3M) for Friday alone. It is the #1 film in the marketplace by a huge margin with 46% market share. Here’s a photo of lines outside London’s largest theatre, The Odeon in Leicester Square: its 3,000 seats were totally sold out.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/les-misera...etting-records/

gemini78
view post Posted on 14/1/2013, 15:57

Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
WINNER
Les Misérables (2012)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
WINNER
Hugh Jackman for Les Misérables (2012)

(sarà una sfida per gli oscar tra Daniel Day Lewis e Hugh Jackman)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
WINNER
Anne Hathaway for Les Misérables (2012)

gemini78
view post Posted on 21/1/2013, 18:02

Les Misérables soundtrack reaches no1 in UK album chart
Les Misérables' soundtrack has topped the UK album chart - the first musical to do so in 16 years - despite the cast being criticised for their vocal efforts.

The soundtrack to Les Misérables has reached no1 in the UK album charts, beating Brit-nominated Emeli Sande's best-selling album and popular newcomer Jake Bugg to the top spot.
It's the first time a musical has claimed such an accolade in 16 years - Evita's soundtrack, starring Madonna, hit no1 in 1997.
However, unlike Madonna, the cast of the Oscar-nominated film haven't been blessed with a natural flair for singing. Director Tom Hooper told The Telegraph that Eddie Redmayne did 21 takes of track Empty Chairs before the cut was made. The cast were at the centre of very public criticism from American Idol (a US talent contest) finalist Adam Lambert, who said "the score suffered massively with great actors PRETENDING to be singers." Helena Bonham Carter admitted that she found the singing aspect of the film difficult after the Critics Circle film awards.
Bonham Carter, who plays Madame Thenardier, said: "I had lots of vocal training for Les Mis but I didn't improve as much as I thought I would. I watched it and thought I was going to be so much bigger. I would do another singing role if someone else was foolish enough to employ me but I wouldn’t do a stage musical. I don’t have a strong enough voice."
Defendents of the cast's singing, including Le Mis star Russell Crowe, have referenced Hooper's desire for the film to be 'raw and real'.

www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/m...lbum-chart.html

gemini78
view post Posted on 22/1/2013, 20:11

Russell che canta "Stars" accompagnato solo dal piano

Video

view post Posted on 22/1/2013, 20:16

He's a lion that I am proud to hunt

Group:
Administrator

...debbo dire che non mi piace molto come canta...me lo aspettavo diverso...

iam.what.iam
view post Posted on 26/1/2013, 12:45

CITAZIONE
sarà una sfida per gli oscar tra Daniel Day Lewis e Hugh Jackman

Credo che lewis avrà l'oscar, gli americani tra un attore che interpreta Lincoln e un attore australiano preferiranno di sicuro" l'americano"( e mi auguro vivamente che gli oscar per Lincoln si fermino a Lewis anche se io premierei senza esitazioni Joaquin Phoenix), mentre invece spero vivamente che la hathaway porti a casa la statuetta..

In quanto a Crowe che dire..sec me è in assoluto il migliore attore della sua generazione..gli darei l'oscar tutti gli anni.

PS: in "stars" lo trovo magnifico, bella voce, calda , ottimo timbro..e poi c'è da considerare che il regista di Les Miz ha preteso che tutti cantassero live senza registrazione..e non è da poco per un attore cantare così.

Edited by iam.what.iam - 26/1/2013, 20:00

iam.what.iam
view post Posted on 27/1/2013, 13:53

Hollywood Box Office Milestone: ‘Les Mis’ takes $300-M Worldwide

Director Tom Hooper’s Les Miserables hit the $300-M mark at the worldwide box office Friday as it continued to rise up the chart of the most successful musicals of all time.

Les Mis, from Universal and Working Title, has earned $134.3-M in North America and $165.7-M internationally for an even $300-M.

Through Sunday, the movie’s total should hit $311.9_M, besting the Oscar-winning musical Chicago, at $306.8-M.............
Les Mis currently ranks as the 4th top grossing musical of all time behind fellow Universal pic Mamma Mia! $609.8-M, Grease $395-M and Chicago $306.8-M

fonte

questo sì che è un film..........

iam.what.iam
view post Posted on 28/1/2013, 17:07

Anne Hathaway sinks her teeth into SAG Award for 'Les Miserables'

......Hathaway won a supporting actress SAG Award on Sunday for her role in "Les Misérables." In her acceptance speech, the actress enthused, "I'm just so thrilled I have dental" before thanking her mother and "everyone at CAA," her talent agency
.....clap

Qui trovate l'articolo completo e un video sul make up della Hathaway per trasformarla in Fantine

62 replies since 20/9/2012, 19:37   416 views