« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 16/3/2013, 19:24

He's a lion that I am proud to hunt

Group:
Moderatore globale

Articolo con intervista a Gerry:

Gerard Butler: I'm 'totally paranoid' after playing Secret Service agent
By Judy Kurtz - 03/15/13 03:17 PM ET

Playing a Secret Service agent in his film “Olympus Has Fallen” has left a lasting impression on Gerard Butler.

Now, when he sees President Obama on television, the 43-year-old star says he can’t look at him the same way: “I look around. I’m like, who’s standing next to him? Why’s he making that face? That’s odd behavior. Is that just a plastic cup he’s holding? What’s in that cup? Now I’m totally paranoid.”

In the new action flick, Butler takes a turn as a Secret Service agent tasked with saving a fictional president, played by Aaron Eckhart, from a North Korean terrorist cell holding the commander in chief hostage inside the White House.

While Butler chuckles about his new-found “paranoia,” he continues, “It’s a funny point but at the same it leads me to a bigger point. This movie is entertaining, it’s exciting, and it’s fun. ... But at the end of the day, it is a cautionary tale as well.”

Says the actor, “It’s a reality that we live in — in this world with the current situation and the global threat of terrorism, this is something that’s very much in our psyche and something that we’re vulnerable to.”

Butler says while in real life he’s “never had any ambitions” to enter the political world, he could see himself protecting the president: “To be a Secret Service agent, I think would be cool ... I love what they do on a daily basis for our country. I appreciate them more after making this movie and spending time with them.”

And the Scotland-born celeb wouldn’t exactly call himself a political junkie, likening his feeling towards politics to his thoughts on American sports. Butler grew up with soccer and rugby, and says while he’ll go to ice hockey and basketball games in the States, “it’s hard to change what’s in your blood.”

He says of politics, “I’m not a citizen. I pay attention, but it’s not something that I have massive fascination in.”

“Olympus Has Fallen” opens nationwide March 22.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-th...t#ixzz2NjEIPisd
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

view post Posted on 27/3/2013, 12:47

Group:
Moderatore globale

intervista a Gerry sul film che è partito bene e sul suo personaggio soprattutto

Gerard Butler: On saving the Free World

OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN has resurrected Gerard Butler's box-office standing after a series of flops, giving the Scots actor a well deserved hit with virtually nonstop action that appealed to audiences who wanted something stronger than the Stone Age family antics of the 3D animated THE CROODS. Butler was in high spirits when we spoke at the Waldorf Towers, gesturing as he spoke about the demands of making screen action look realistic and yet letting the actor go on without serious bodily harm to another cinematic save in the future.

Q:As Mike Banning, ex-Special Forces, ex Secret Service, who saves the United States and the Free World, do you feel as a Scotsman you’re following in the footsteps of say Sean Connery, going around saving the world from the forces of evil?
Gerard Butler: He was a British agent whereas I’m playing an American secret service agent and I’m just gonna take it as a testament to my fine acting to pull that off.

Q: Sean Connery never tried to change his accent, he always sounded the same. You do too right? Or did you try and do a more American accent here because you’re talking like you’re talking now?
GB: I soften my accent often but I was doing American. I had a dialect coach. We listen and she gives me every note and I listen and if it doesn’t sound full on American, I try and fix it. I’m sure there are times when it slips out but the problem is that over the years doing an American accent, my Scottish accent is starting to disappear and I hate myself for that. Sometimes people think I’m actually American.

Q: How does your career balance out between being the heroic action star that kills and the romantic lover? Do you have a preference on one or the other?
GB: It depends where I am. If I’m in the middle of a romantic comedy and it’s going well, I love it. A little bit of romance to cheer you up and some heart, you really get into that but I’m probably more in my element doing a drama or an action-thriller because I dig that. They’re fun to do. It’s hard to try and develop a character in the middle of all that action and that’s the challenge. Somebody that people can attach themselves to and connect with and fighting the demons within themselves as well as the demons outside which in this case are the extremists. Then when you’re in the middle of these huge sets and the testosterone is pumping through you, it’s exciting and you go -- “I’m lucky to be able to do this!” You’re telling a story that you hope will be able to terrify people and provoke them. It’s gonna excite them and maybe move them and make them laugh at the same time -- that’s what I try and do in the job.

Q: The reason OLYMPUS works so well is that we believe that you can actually do this stuff, you’re great for that type of thing. How did you see Mike, does he have issue even before the prologue where things go so badly for him?
GB: That’s why we put the scene in there [later] with Angela Basset where she says -- “You were crazy the day you stepped into my office” -- which was years before the tragedy. But yeah, I think he definitely has a screw or two loose but it’s never affected him in doing his job. The tragedy that happened was actually caused in some ways by him averting a greater tragedy. His job was to save the President, which he did. But as a result the President’s wife died and what a great dynamic that is immediately. He’s been haunted by that and having a screw or two loose, he is the kind of guy who would rather be in the thick of the action and do what he was trained to do and you get the feeling as the movie goes on that he kind of enjoys being that kind of uncompromising, brutal enforcer. In the interim period, where he’s been stuck in the Treasury [Department], you get such a feeling that he’s a caged animal and he’s not happy. It’s affecting his whole life, it’s affecting his relationship with his wife, Radha Mitchell, and yeah he’s not in the best space that he’s ever been and due to the weirdness of life and as a result of this attack and the White House being attacked and besieged and the President being held hostage, in some ways that moves him into his element. He’s now there to take no prisoners.

Q: When he says -- “I’m gonna take a knife and put it through your brain” -- he’s not kidding.
GB: No, that was my line. Because I always wanted to be saying something to him that was so brutal and cold and yet 100% convincing of what I’m gonna do --“I’m gonna take a knife and put it through your brain.” The funny thing is it was coming out of me, and in fact I said to the writer Dan Gilroy - who wrote ‘The Bourne Legacy’ - who came on - and we read with him and every night I was on the phone with him just trying to work to make it more gripping and more believable, more involved, more specific. Like why does everybody do the things that they do? And some of the fascinating parts of being Secret Service in this situation. You’re in the White House, what are you saying? Who are you trying to get in touch with, establishing lines of communication, playing the psychological games that you do with your arch nemesis? Eradicating threats, checking out and assessing their level of proficiency. All of these things, we show that! And that’s the kind of stuff that’s gold in a movie and really sucks you in.

Q: There are action actors now in their 40’s who are limping or have terrible shoulder or neck problems or their hearing is going. What are the physical things going on for you? How do you go through that for a movie?
GB: Well in ‘300’, we had a lot of fight sequences as well. I spent three months having a guy running at me full speed, hitting my shoulder and then lifting him over my body. You do that a couple hundred of times and your shoulder’s hurting. You’re pumping iron, you’re taking hits, you’re picking them up, you’re throwing yourself all over the place. But in this movie I was up against it more; it was more hand to hand. You had to take punches. At one point, my arm went black and it looked like a cadaver. It was black and purple from my wrist to my elbow. At one point I had a bruise the size of a soccer ball on my right leg. Cut my hands and burned my throat when Dylan [McDermott] flicked a cigarette and it caught the glycerin and it burned. I got a big scab there. I was hit in the eye by a bullet casing because I was firing next to a pillar and it went BOOM! I thought someone punched me in the face. So you’re always, it’s definitely not something that everybody can do but if you can do it, then the more you do it, the better you get at it. You sign up for the fact that you’re gonna get a few grazes and a few bruises along the way. To be honest, when you come out of the movie and you see it, that’s what makes it all the more special. If I’d come through this movie with little to show for it and say that I didn’t hurt myself in any way, I don’t think that I’d be appreciating what I’m doing as much because you think that Mike Banning wasn’t hurting at the end. He limps out of that White House. It’s very strong for women this movie, there’s such powerful female character who garner such respect and have some much integrity and strength and I love that. Even my wife, Radha...

Q: Well in real life you’re not married or have a child and something that’s cool in the movie is you have such a great paternal relationship with this boy Connor who is the President’s only child. Was that always there?
GB: Connor was always in the story and it was always a very powerful, emotional tool to see how much he loved Mike and how much Mike loved him and how it broke his heart that Mike no longer worked with the President. Again, suddenly I’m there and it’s just the two of us in the White House and I have to get this kid, who as well as being the President's son is also the tool and the potential to really test the President’s loyalty to his own country. Because these extremists want his son so bad and they know that if they’re gonna get anything out of the President [it's by using his son as a hostage]. We all realize that fact and it’s all about getting Connor the hell out of there.

Q: How do you recover from the physicality of a movie like this?
GB: You spend a lot of time with a chiropractor and a physical therapist and getting deep massage and crying, going -- “Why did I do that? It’s probably not even gonna be any good.” A lot of times sitting in a therapist chair. In a few months you’re ok I guess.

Q: Banning’s not a reflective guy though?
GB: I think he is. I think when he gets down to business, it’s all business but I think in his life he has way too much time to reflect. He sits in that chair in the Treasury office all day bouncing his ball and going -- “How the f--- did this happen? I trained all those years to protect my country and protect the President and now I’m here looking at accounts.” It’s killing him. I think unfortunately lately, he’s had too much time to reflect but I think that he’s ultimately a man of action. He needs to be in action and this horrific situation gives him the chance to be where he should be.

Q: Did you pick up anything from the Secret Service guy who was working on technical stuff with the movie?
GB: Everything. We had two special Secret Service agents. We had Rickey Jones, Joe Bannon. And Darrell Connerton who is a security advisor to the White House. In Washington and we had other Secret Service agents who would train me on the field. We’d go out shooting guns, he’d teach me the way they think, the way they move. I also worked with a SWAT team. And then a lot of our stunt team and stunt coordinators were Special Forces. You learn so much from them and we used so much of that in the movie because, to me, you had to be gripped every time you were with Mike. What’s he doing? What’s his protocol? When is he thinking outside the box? When is he assessing? When is he killing? When is he kidnapping? When is he establishing lines of communication? All those things that are fascinating. Then people go what really does happen in those situations is what we wanted to create so we take some of that stuff and use it in performance or put it in the script so you are always knowing or discovering the next move.

Q: You’ve been in the business a long time, how do you deal with success and failure?
GB: You win some, you lose some. Sometimes you win a couple or you lose a couple. You’re in the business of trying to make movies for the right reasons and sometimes they don’t work out as planned or they’re not marketed as they should have been or people don’t get the same point as you did. But I always try and have a message in my movie, and I’ve never had a movie where I don’t hear back -- “I love that for this reason” -- it affected them. That’s what I try and focus on rather than the sh-t that comes with it because what’s the point? It’s just a fact, it’s all information and unless I can learn from it. In actual fact, I feel like I have learned from my experiences both good and bad. I’m always analyzing and thinking without playing safe, what can I learn from recent mistakes and recent results?

Q: Do you think that goes back to your legal training?
GB: I think it does.

Q: So you’ll read your reviews?
GB: I don’t read a lot of reviews but I read a few on each movie and see what the movie is getting. But I’m more interested in what the audiences think. You go into watch this movie and you go in with a regular audience and they’re pumping their fists, they’re screaming, they’re laughing, they’re gasping. Some of them are crying and they’re all coming out going -- “Holy sh-t.” I just read a review the other day that they said they never knew what it meant to be on the edge of their seat - 'until I was literally on the edge of my seat for this whole movie.' That’s what I dig because that’s me. I’m a moviegoer. I want to have the same experience and at the end of the day, you want good reviews but often reviews are so indirectly related to what the consumer is actually enjoying.

Q: You’re doing the sequel to HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON?
GB: Yeah.

Q: Have you done it already?
GB: I’ve done a lot of it but there will still be another year before it comes out.

Q: Is that the next one that’s coming out for you?
GB: It might be, yeah.

http://bostonherald.com/entertainment/movi..._the_free_world

view post Posted on 9/4/2013, 21:58

Group:
Moderatore globale

un paio di articoli italiani dei presenti alla conferenza stampa :D

Gerard Butler e Aaron Eckhart: la crisi tra Stati Uniti e Corea in "Attacco al potere"

I due protagonisti sono a Roma per presentare il film diretto da Antoine Fuqua. Nel corso dell'incontro affrontano le analogie tra il film e la crisi attuale tra i due paesi, di Obama e del cinema sulla 'Casa Bianca in pericolo' che verrà affrontato anche nel prossimo White House Down di Roland Emmerich. In Italia dal 18 aprile in 320 copie

Si fanno un po' attendere i due protagonisti di Attacco al potere Gerard Butler ed Aaron Eckhart. E una volta arrivati, l'attore di 300 si mette a fare le foto. Il film diretto da Antoine Fuqua, in sala dal 18 aprile in 320 copie, ha già riscotto notevole successo al box-office in Tailandia, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Emirati Arabi e Grecia, vede protagonisti un gruppo di estremisti coreani riescono ad entrare nella Casa Bianca e prendono in ostaggio il Presidente americano e il suo staff. Ed è inevitabile non pensare alle tensioni attuali tra il governo degli Stati Uniti e la Corea.

Cosa l'ha spinta a realizzare questo film come produttore?
Gerard Butler: Innanzitutto volevo salutare tutti, è un po’ che non vengo in Italia. Poi non ho dormito. Una delle ragioni per cui ho voluto realizzare questo film è perché aveva la struttura dei classici film d’azione tipo Die Hard. Con una storia ruvida, spigolosa e reale. Volevamo raccontare qualcosa di nuovo soprattutto per quello che riguarda la situazione politica. Ci abbiamo messo molta azione ma abbiamo anche cercato di rendere l’attacco alla Casa Bianca il più reale possibile. Anche perché oggi la minaccia del terrorismo è più forte rispetto al periodo di Reagan. Uno dei consulenti del film era della scorta presidenziale di Reagan.

Con la crisi tra Stati Uniti e Corea avete in qualche modo anticipato la realtà
Aaron Eckhart: Si tratta sempre di un film quindi di fiction. Poi qui parliamo di una cellula terroristica e non del governo coreano. Spesso poi la Casa Bianca viene vista come un trofeo su cui mettere le mani. Attacco al potere però celebra soprattutto gli eroi nascosti, quelli che stanno dietro le quinte e garantiscono la nostra sicurezza. Per quanto riguarda la situazione tra Stati Uniti e Corea, auspico che ci possa essere una maggiore distensione.

Obama il film l'ha visto?

Aaron Eckhart: Si, l’ha visto e gli è piaciuto

Gerard Butler: Anche Bush padre e signora l’hanno visto. Se avessimo fatto un film con terroristi giamaicani foprse nessuno se lo andava a vedere. La crisi nordcoreana non è comunque cominciata la settimana scorsa ma c’è già da un anno. Forse adesso ha raggiunto un culmine di drammaticità.

La scelta di Antoine Fuqua come regista?
Gerard Butler: Antoine e io siamo ottimi amici eavevamo già pensato di fare qualche progetto insieme. Quando mi hanno offerto questo progetto, ho subito pensato che il cinema di Fuqua fosse perfetto per questo tipo di film. Forse all’inizio poteva sembrare fantascientifico ma poi lui l’ha reso reale anche perché ha un modo di girare che non scende mai a compromessi. Abbiamo in comune anche lo stesso film preferito che è Apocalypse Now che in qualche modo ha al centro il racconto mitico dell’eroe. Attacco al potere mostra che l’eroismo è presente in tutti noi.

E quella di Aaron Eckhart?
Gerard Butler: Quando Aaron ha accettato di partecipare, il film praticamente già c’era. E’ stato bello vederlo recitare per il modo in cui mostra l'integrità e il dolore del Prtesidente degli Stati Uniti.

Si è ispirato a qualche figura di Presidente degli Stati Uniti sul grande schermo?
Aaron Eckhart: Ad ogni ragazzino americano viene insegnato un giorno di poter diventare il Presidente degli Stati Uniti. Ho molto rispetto per il mio paese e per questa carica, quindi quando Antoine mi ha proposto questo ruolo mi ha fatto gli esempi di JFK e Obama, in particolar modo della scena di apertura. Fuqua voleva che questo personaggio fosse duro e atletico anche per fronteggiare tutte le difficoltà che poi inconterà nel corso del film.

Tra un po' uscirà White House Down di Roland Emmerich. La Casa Bianca è in pericolo?
Gerard Butler: Il cinema funziona così. Si fanno due film sugli alieni, due su Cenerentola e due che fanno esplodere la Casa Bianca.

http://www.sentieriselvaggi.it/6/51220/Ger...o_al_potere.htm

Hollywood e quei nordcoreani sporchi e cattivi: "La nostra è fiction, ma colpisce al cuore"

ROMA - Mai, sul grande schermo, abbiamo visto nordcoreani così brutti, sporchi e cattivi: riuniti in commando terrorista paramilitare, al soldo di un leader fanaticissimo, violano senza quasi resistenza lo spazio aereo di Washington, in una manciata di minuti espugnano una Casa Bianca versione colabrodo, sequestrano presidente, vicepresidente, capo di Stato maggiore e segretario alla Difesa. Lasciando l'America in ginocchio: ma pronta a risollevarsi grazie all'eroismo di un uomo solo, armato di pallottole e di un coraggio ai limiti dell'incoscienza. Accade in Attacco al potere, l'action-movie diretto da Antoine Fuqua che - viste le tensioni internazionali di questi ultimi giorni, e soprattutto delle ultime ore - sbarca nel nostro Paese sull'onda di una sorprendente attualità.

Dunque, come spesso accade, con questo film - presentato oggi alla stampa italiana, e nelle sale dal prossimo 18 aprile - Hollywood mostra di saper fiutare in anticipo l'aria che tira. Individuando il nuovo nemico con la "N" maiuscola. "Ma la nostra è solo fiction - sdrammatizza Aaaron Eckhart, che sullo schermo interpreta il presidente degli Stati Uniti, e che è appena sbarcato a Roma col coprotagonista Gerald Butler - anche perché noi non parliamo delle autorità coreane, ma di una cellula di terroristi". Quanto alla realtà di oggi, l'attore ammette che "la situazione è grave: speriamo che si risolva tutto con la diplomazia". Seduto accanto a lui, in una saletta stracolma di un hotel del centro, Butler, che è anche produttore della pellicola, ammette invece che la scelta di un gruppo di fanatici provenienti da Pyongyang è tutt'altro che casuale: "Se facevamo un film su terroristi giamaicani non sarebbe interessato a nessuno - spiega - abbiamo cercato una situazione realmente minacciosa, che ci colpisse al cuore, che ci facesse stare all'erta. Altrimenti non saremmo stati potenti ed efficaci. Del resto la crisi coreana non è cominciata la settimana corsa, è in atto da tempo, anche se ora si è aggravata".

Una leggera differenza di vedute che sottolinea il temperamento diverso dei due divi: Eckhart, attore che oscilla tra opere indipendenti (Thank you for smoking) e blockbuster (la saga Batman), è più riflessivo e tranquillo; Butler, eroe di commedie romantiche (l'ultima la mucciniana Quello che so sull'amore) e di action-movie (300), più estroverso. E così è lui a parlare di più. Ad esempio, dei riferimenti cinematografici della vicenda: "Volevamo fare un classico film d'azione alla Die hard - dichiara - una storia ruvida, spigolosa, sull'eroismo che può esserci in ciascuno di noi; e nello stesso tempo reale, nuova. Abbiamo aggiornato non solo i temi ma anche la narrazione, rendendo questo attacco alla Casa Bianca il più vero possibile. Non a caso, tra nostri principali consulenti per i servizi segreti c'è stato un ex componente della scorta di Ronald Reagan". E se Gerald sullo schermo incarna proprio questo ruolo, ad Aaaron tocca quello più prestigioso, White House, sulla scorta di una gloriosa tradizione di interpretazioni presidenziali. Spesso sul fronte dei thriller adrenalici, vedi l'Harrison Ford di Air Force One: "Ogni ragazzo americano - dice Eckhart - crescendo sogna di diventare un giorno il presidente degli Stati Uniti. Ecco perché sono stato così felice di incarnare questo ruolo, sullo schermo. Ho molto rispetto per il mio paese e per la sua carica più alta. Quanto alla recitazione, Antoine (il regista, ndr) pensava a un personaggio, atletico, giovane, carismatico, alla Jfk: affascinante, ma anche duro. E a Obama. Per me, comunque, è stato un onore".

E alcuni mesi dopo Attacco al potere (titolo originale, molto meno banale, Olympus has fallen, l'Olimpo è caduto), giungerà nelle sale un'altra pellicola in cui vedremo l'emblema del potere americano crollare: White House Down, regia dello specialista Roland Emmerich, che aveva fatto già finire in frantumi la sede presidenziale in Independence day. "Sono concidenze che nel cinema capitano - commenta Butler - ci sono state due produzioni quasi in contemporanea su sottomarini, su alieni, su... Cenerentola. E poi, nel nostro caso, c'è da dire che il tema sulla vulnerabilità delle istituzioni risulta molto interessante. Per tutti". E i risultati raggiunti finora ai bottehgini di mezzo mondo sembrano dargli ragione.

Ma non c'è solo questo film. Perché Butler, nella sua trasferta romana, confessa un suo sogno tutto italiano: "M piacerebbe vivere nel vostro Paese, e mi piacerebbe lavorare con Giuseppe Tornatore. Ho apprezzato la bravura e il genio creativo di Gabriele (Muccino), abbiamo anche parlato di un possibile progetto futuro". Vedremo.

http://www.repubblica.it/spettacoli-e-cult...4/?ref=HREC2-12

gemini78
view post Posted on 9/4/2013, 22:27

CITAZIONE
Si fanno un po' attendere i due protagonisti di Attacco al potere Gerard Butler ed Aaron Eckhart

ehm.. ehm... chissà per colpa di chi :P

view post Posted on 9/4/2013, 22:34

Group:
Moderatore globale

ma come,è riuscito a fare ritardo stando già in hotel?? ma è assurdo :eheh:

view post Posted on 15/4/2013, 23:53

Group:
Moderatore globale

in questa intervista Gerry spiega perchè ha voluto inserire qualche battuta divertente allo script di OHF e del perchè preferisce vivere a LA per lavorare,mentre a NY gli vien voglia solo di uscire e fare le cose che gli piacciono...tutto tranne leggere script e lavorare :)

[...]
He draws on the dry sense of humour that is part of his national heritage a lot, both personally and professionally.

"The original script was not a funny script," he says of Olympus Has Fallen. "It was a pure action script. But there's a lot of humour in a guy who has that kind of attitude. Who's so uncompromising and so well trained and driven that what he's willing to do, and even his attitude to his superiors ... There's funny moments. There's always funny moments. I was in New York on 9/11 and walking around, and, you know, what was crazy is that it was maybe the strangest day of my life, and yet up on 56th by Central Park, workmen were still whistling at the women, and they were still doing their rollerblading in Central Park.

"And even we were walking around laughing and joking. We were in shock. But you don't just walk around when you're in shock like a zombie. You still talk, you still make jokes, you still live your life. And in that respect and especially amongst these guys, there's a lot of kind of gallows humour. There's a lot of humour when you are in dire situations.

"And it was important to try to get that in, because if you can make a movie that's intense and exciting and compelling, dangerous and at the same time funny and on top of that make it emotional and kind of inspiring and rousing then you've got it all and then I think you've got it all in this movie."

Now that he's firmly en route to being the next Bruce Willis, he lives in LA most of the year. "You can live over here, but without a doubt it helps to live over there. Because often a meeting will come up and the director is in town for one day or for instance in this movie, producing it, everyone else is over there. The director is over there, the actors are over there, and then in the marketing of the movie, the distributors are over there, the production company is over there.

"So it helps a lot to live there. Plus I enjoy living in LA. But I also have a place in New York and I get away there. The thing is, I love New York, but I just don't get any work done there. I just can't get my head down. I can't read a script. I want to be out walking, going to the theatre, you kind of want to live out there. LA, you get disciplined. You train, you eat right, and that's pretty much it."

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/butler...s-29194776.html

gemini78
view post Posted on 16/4/2013, 18:10

E' più coscienzioso di quanto non appaia!

CITAZIONE
going to the theatre,

eh come ti capisco...

gemini78
view post Posted on 5/7/2013, 17:25

'Olympus Has Fallen' most rented movie in hotels
Nancy Trejos, USA TODAY 12:11 p.m. EDT July 5, 2013

An action flick about an attack on the White House scored big in North American hotels in June, according to the latest top 10 list of most-rented Hollywood movies in hotel rooms.

Olympus Has Fallen, starring Gerard Butler and Morgan Freeman, was the No. 1 most-rented movie in June, according to hotel entertainment provider Sonifi, formerly known as LodgeNet.

Tom Cruise's science fiction vehicle Oblivion was the runner-up. Another action movie, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, rounded out the top three.

Dispatches brings you the top 10 movies list each month, based on Sonifi's analysis of rentals in the 1.5 million rooms it serves. The company provides in-room entertainment to hotels such as Marriott, Hilton and Holiday Inn.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/dispatches/2...hotels/2492033/

view post Posted on 27/12/2013, 10:28

Group:
Moderatore globale

nelle solite classifiche di fine anno OHF trova posto tra i 10 film d'azione migliori :D

Top 10 Action Movies of 2013

9. Olympus Has Fallen
In the battle of "White House under attack" films, Olympus Has Fallen easily bested White House Down. It wasn’t just the fantastic performance of Gerard Butler in a nail-biting thriller that compelled us. The film was well-crafted from beginning to end. Butler has toiled in romantic comedies and true stories of late, but his success with this action flick proves that where audiences most want to see him is being the action hero.

Achieving effective action scenes within a confined space is hard to do, and a few have done it so well they’ve gone on to iconic status (Die Hard). But Antoine Fuqua managed to score with his Die Hard in the White House theme by giving us characters that we cared about, coupled with moments of heart-stopping battles that worked on every level.

Read more movie news at: http://www.moviefanatic.com/2013/12/top-10.../#ixzz2ofLWm7x4

23 replies since 30/10/2012, 12:58   709 views