Rocknrolla - Articoli e interviste

« Older   Newer »
gemini21
view post Posted on 4/4/2008, 12:59

Un po' di voci giravano già anche in Italia su questo nuovo film di Guy Ritchie, anche se ancora non si sapeva nulla del cast.

Cinema: Guy Ritchie torna al lavoro con 'RocknRolla'

http://www.gotuneed.com/news/231888/Cinema...ocknRolla_.html

Guy Ritchie torna al genere che l'ha reso famoso, il caper movie, i film sul colpo grosso con banditi per intenderci. Il marito di Madonna, dopo gli ultimi flop nel genere commedia, sta lavorando a 'RocknRolla'. Il film - che e' a basso budget - e' stato scritto sempre da Ritchie. Bocche cucite sulla trama.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guy Ritchie esiste ancora

http://www.directorscup.it/news/archives/2...itchie_esi.html

Guy Ritchie, a.k.a. il signor Madonna (forse non ancora per molto), è tornato al lavoro per girare un gangster movie intitolato Rocknrolla.
Non che sia una gran notizia, dato che tre dei quattro film girati da mr. Guy sono esattamente questo: film di gangster corali, con una serie di storie interconnesse da coincidenze e montaggio serrato (Lock & Stock era carino, The Snatch era carino ma era una fotocopia del primo, Revolver era forse troppo ambizioso - a quanto pare non si capiva).
Non siamo tanto attratti dai registi che realizzano sempre lo stesso tipo di film (a parte Fincher, forse), ma auguriamo buona fortuna a Guy e speriamo che non venga un'altra volta travolto da un insolito destino.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Non che le notizie siano molto incoraggianti... :cry:

gemini212/7/2007, 21:32
Ludacris nel nuovo film di Guy Ritchie

http://www.fashionfm.it/news/Ludacris_nel_...;y=Music%20News

Il rapper Ludacris sarà uno dei protagonisti del nuovo film del regista inglese Guy Ritchie. Il lungometraggio si chiamerà “Rocknrolla” é sarà incentrato, come nella tradizione del regista sulla criminalità sotterranea londinese. Nel cast del film, sceneggiato dallo stesso Ritchie, saranno presenti anche gli attori Gerard Butler, Tom Wilkinson e Thandie Newton.

Le riprese inizieranno quest’estate e il film sarà nelle sale nel corso del 2008. Ricordiamo che Guy Ritchie é noto anche per essere marito di Madonna.

Tra I film di successo del regista ricordiamo Lock & Stock, Snatch e Revolver.

gemini217/7/2007, 13:14
L'attrice Thandie Newton ha raggiunto sul set i suoi co-protagonisti e si è dichiarata molto soddisfatta di essere l'unica attrice donna sul set. Ha detto inoltre che è grande lavorare con tutti questi uomini e che è divertente ed interessante avere l'occasione di osservarli fare cose da maschi!! (io verde d'invidia!! :ninjia:)

THANDIE'S NICE GUY

http://www.express.co.uk/features/view/125...'s-nice-Guy

Mission Impossible star Thandie Newton is relishing filming Guy Ritchie’s latest gangster caper – because she’s the only woman star.

“It’s great, I’m working with all these big men,” joked the petite actress, who is shooting Mr Madonna’s new film, RocknRolla, with Phantom Of The Opera star Gerard Butler and Full Monty actor Tom Wilkinson.

“It is fun and very interesting to have the chance to observe boys doing the boy things. I am very much enjoying being the only girl,” she told us at the Great Ormond Street F1 party at The Worx in London’s Parsons Green.

And Thandie, 34, says that being directed by Guy is a dream. “He is so easy to work with,” she gushed.

“I think people who loved Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels will enjoy this movie – it carries on in that vein but at the same time it’s a departure for him.”

You mean it isn’t a turkey?

gemini212/10/2007, 18:45
Secondo questa breve intervista a Thandie Newton, il regista Guy Ritchie anche autore della sceneggiatura del film vorrebbe farne una trilogia ... comparirà Gerry in tutti e tre i film?? E ne varrà la pena??? :rolleyes:

Thandie Newton and the wise Guy

Source:http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=484731&in_page_id=1773

Many people have been less than kind about the work of director Guy Ritchie, but A-list actress Thandie Newton has no doubts about the calibre of his films.

BAFTA-winner Thandie has just finished working on Guy's new movie RocknRolla - and was so impressed with his skills she immediately signed up for two sequels.

"Guy wants to make it into a trilogy," Thandie, 35, told me at the Pioneer KURO black-screen party at Claridge's in London.

"I love working with him. He is the best director in his genre.

"Madonna was on set a lot with the children. We all spent a lot of time together."

gemini218/10/2007, 17:18
Guy Ritchie Is Back To Old Tricks With 'RocknRolla' — 'But Even Better,' Star Ludacris Says

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1570065/story.jhtml

'It's a social commentary with a bit of humor,' 'Snatch' director says on 2008 flick's London set.
By Shawn Adler, with reporting by James Barnes

A missing treasure pursued by foreign mobsters; dead rock stars and seedy agents; English thugs and loads of drugs. "RocknRolla" may sound familiar to fans of "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" and "Snatch," but rest assured, this ain't your older brother's Guy Ritchie movie.

"You can consider this movie along those lines — but even better," Chris Bridges, the artist otherwise known as Ludacris, enthused on the London set of the new film. "I call it 'gangsta.' "

Indeed, to listen to star Toby Kebbell describe the plot is to once again wander down those back-end streets, following Ritchie as he shuffles past high society and shines a flashlight deep into a shady underworld. In signature labyrinthine fashion, of course, nothing — not even death — is exactly what it seems.

"It's about wealthy Russians buying property and how they get linked up with Lenny Cole [Tom Wilkinson] who is going to help them out," Kebbell explained of the film's setup. "The Russian is so happy with his help he gives him a painting which goes missing. So Lenny's looking for it, and as it turns out, Johnny Story, my character, has it. But Johnny's supposed to be dead. He was a rock and roll star, [but] he disappeared, had an obituary. He's living in a crack house and it's kind of about them coming and getting me."

That search for Johnny and the painting takes director Ritchie and actors Kebbell, Luda and Jeremy Piven (who plays Story's music manager) to the Battersea Power Station, an enormous, real-life, electricity-generating facility built in 1939 and abandoned in 1983 (designed, incidentally, by the same man who created those ubiquitous red telephone booths).

A garish, industrial eyesore on the bank of the Thames River, the Battersea Power Station has long been an iconic London landmark, appearing in scores of movies (such as the second film adaptation of George Orwell's novel "Nineteen Eighty-Four," where it stood in for the Ministry of Love) and album covers (like Pink Floyd's Animals). It generally symbolizes ugly, hypermodernism.

And that's just what it symbolizes for Ritchie too. Because in his film, Battersea is still about modernism — it's just a city's modernity that's not driven anymore by its natives.

"The power structure [in London] has shifted over the last 20 years to the degree that somebody will see London as the new New York," the director said. "[The location] is supposed to reflect that, reflect the foreign money and the foreign power that has come into the U.K. and the various activities that have come with that power and money."

"London is changing," Ludacris added. "The Russians are bringing money in, buying up real estate, buying up property, buying up a lot of the city. It's a melting pot."

And that, at last, said Ritchie, is what makes this film different from "Lock, Stock" or "Snatch," despite the obvious parallels.

"There's a whole sort of genre that I'm associated with and I've always liked that genre and this is in that genre, but it's different in certain respects," Ritchie said. "We're making a social commentary, without sounding too pretentious. It's a social commentary with a bit of humor. So it's a bit of what I know how to do and a bit of [something] new."

Which is not to say, of course, that the film is lacking the usual Guy Ritchie flourishes — those fast-talking, double-crossing characters that inspired screenwriting guru Robert McKee to credit Ritchie with creating a whole new genre of filmmaking: the "black farce." All that's back and more, Ritchie argued, because of the nature of his new antagonists.

"I had observed all these things that have become phenomenons really: the Russian billionaires, the fact that they don't haggle the way that traditionally haggling is understood," he said of the creative license afforded by the foreigners. "They just sort of double the price and the consequences of that is it's changed the way we do business both legally and illegally."

According to castmembers, it all adds up to a rock-and-roller coaster of delicate construction and big thrills.

"Guy puts so much work into his scripts," Piven said. "It's a world that he knows about and loves, and that comes across in the writing. It's one of those things where you read it and you are kind of transported to that world."

Also starring Gerard Butler and Thandie Newton, "RocknRolla" opens in 2008.

arielcips16/1/2008, 15:26

Un breve articolo in cui si parla della futura uscita(entro l'anno) di Rockenrolla e si sottolinea il lato'diverso' che in questo film mostra Gerry...del quale l'attore tesse comunque le lodi,sottolineando che -nel suo genere(commedia thriller) -con questo film il regista Gui Ritchie è tornato a i suoi livelli migliori...

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/displayN...;pNodeId=188965

Gerard praises 'brilliant' RocknRolla

At the moment we're seeing him play Irish charmer Gerry in romcom PS I Love You, but audiences will soon be seeing a different side of Gerard Butler - he's starring in Guy Ritchie's new crime thriller RocknRolla.

And the actor has heaped praise on the flick, saying what he's seen so far is "brilliant".

"My character's called One Two," Gerard reveals. "Only Guy Ritchie could think of names like this."

He added: "It's all based around various elements of the underworld in London and around property deals, but you would barely know it. I'm part of a small time gang of crooks, and we're all great friends. Not necessarily the best gang of crooks either."

And Gerard, 38, reckons the film sees a return to form for the British director, after disappointing films like Revolver and Swept Away.

"It's back to his days of Snatch and Lock Stock," says Gerard.

"Like Guy Ritchie grown up. I saw some of it last night and it's brilliant. The stuff I've seen is really really good. I would say it's a black comedy."

RocknRolla - which also features Gemma Arterton, Jeremy Piven and Thandie Newton - is due to hit cinemas later this year.

sabry_aminta16/1/2008, 16:20
dopo aver letto questa intervista mi sto incuriosendo parecchio...e se all'inizio non ero molto convinta di questo ruolo ora lo sono molto di più!(forse anche perchè ho capito un pò meglio di che si tratta) :D

arielcips8/2/2008, 15:00
In questo articolo si elencano i 6 più attesi heist movie del 2008...soffermandosi in particolare su Rockenrolla...

Category: RockNRolla News
Article Date: February 7, 2008 | Publication: First Showing.net | Author: Alex Billington
Source: First Showing
Posted by: DaisyMay

In the immortal words of Dane Cook, "Where's the van?! The van was supposed to be here!" Or as he better put it, "Any guy here would rather be part of a heist." That couldn't be more true. What self-righteous movie-fanatic male doesn't want to be part of a heist? But unfortunately if none of your friends are skilled criminals, you'll have to resort to watching heist movies like the rest of us. There is no Ocean's Thirteen this year, but there is a line-up of six glorious heist movies that will each provide their own amazing experience. If you're ready to get in on the plan, then let's take a look at 2008's heist movies.

The definition of heist, according to Dictionary.com, is "to take unlawfully, esp. in a robbery or holdup." So, almost anything where a robbery takes place is a heist. But if you consider at the Hollywood definition, it usually involves some elaborate plan and a team of individuals each with their own set of skills. Whether it's Heat or the Ocean's films or even The Italian Job, every guy has a favorite heist movie in his collection. This year there are six new additions that should earn a place in your collection, too.

RocknRolla

Director: Guy Ritchie | Starring: Gerard Butler, Thandie Newton, Chris "Ludacris" Bridges, Jeremy Piven, Idris Elba, Tom Wilkinson
Release Date: October 3rd
The Con: London's criminal underworld takes notice of a Russian mobster's shady land deal, a scam that puts millions of dollars up for grabs.

Guy Ritchie brought us, arguably, the greatest heist movie in history, Snatch in 2000, and has yet to follow it up with a comparable flick. Eight years later, Ritchie finally returns to his roots and has written and directed another London mob movie that involves numerous heists. I wouldn't be lying if I were to tell you that this is probably the one British heist movie that I'm most excited for in 2008. I love Guy Ritchie's movies and am expecting nothing but brilliant British entertainment with RocknRolla. His movies aren't entirely about the heist, at least not out in front, and yet that's why they're able to trick you in the end. I have full confidence in Guy Ritchie and really hope that RocknRolla is another classic.

The world just wouldn't be the same place without heist movies! Thankfully this year's line-up looks like it will deliver. Although six is a bit skimpy, none of these look like they're forgettable films, meaning out of six we should have at least one really good heist movie and five semi-good heist movies by the end of the year. And the line-up of lead actors includes Jason Statham, Jim Sturgess, Michael Caine, Ewan McGregor, Gerard Butler, and Pierce Brosnan, a powerhouse set of some fine actors. Whether 2008 goes down as an unforgettable year or not, at least we'll see some quality heists go down around the world.

gemini218/2/2008, 15:21
A pensare a Snatch mi viene male :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Temo che il miracolo non lo possa compiere neppure Gerry!

gemini211/3/2008, 20:53
Su Best movie di questo mese c'è un articolo su rocknrolla

http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=r...estmovienk0.jpg

sabry_aminta1/3/2008, 21:05
grazie Laura!non male come articolo :D

arielcips1/3/2008, 21:38
Del film dicono poco,però di Gerry in una brevissima didascalia dicono tanto!!!

themanyoulove2/3/2008, 17:28
si,del film dicono davvero troppo poco...parlano della location,del genere...insomma,un po' di curiosità la ispirano...

view post Posted on 23/4/2008, 15:30

He's a lion that I am proud to hunt

Group:
Moderatore globale

è uscito un articolo su Empire Magazine,con un paio di foto inedite di Gerry :woot:

view post Posted on 23/4/2008, 15:35

Group:
Administrator

ammazza...se è bono...e quante mazzate che ha preso...

Ho il sospetto che questo film ientri nella serie dei 'big exitus'....

themanyoulove
view post Posted on 23/4/2008, 15:54

nel senso che...se ci sarà un seguito,lui non ci sarà?

view post Posted on 29/4/2008, 10:25

Group:
Administrator

Credo di aver già letto qualcosa di simile ,ma vi posto l'articoletto in ogni caso....Ecco cosa dice Gerry a proposito del suo personaggio in Rocknrolla:

view post Posted on 26/5/2008, 08:47

Group:
Administrator

Qui c'è la trascrizione inglese dell'articolo su Empire magazine:

The article reads:

RocknRolla

Gunfire and choas on London streets? Guy Ritchie's back.

Do you have a cheesy helmet? If not, and you fancy one, there’ll be a beauty left over from Guy Ritchie’s new thriller RocknRolla, which is shooting in the hazardous interior of Battersea Power Station when Empire comes to visit. Oddly, none of the cast and crew have to put on anything so daft, but your reporter is instantly kitted out in a fluorescent jacket, steel toe-cap boots and a yellow hard hat - although not the one with the chunk of Stilton Magic-Markered on it, beside an eager mouse. Today, the building isn’t playing itself but rather a warehouse where, Ritchie assures us with a big smile, “lots of torturing” takes place. Possibly involving crayfish. It’s clearly going to be one of those days, we decide.

After the debacle that was Revolver - a drubbing that Ritchie accepts, as he always has, in an almost Buddhist state of grace - RocknRolla is a return to the urban gangster formula that served him well from Lock, Stock... to Snatch. In keeping with Ritchie’s previous output, it’s another low-key and low-budget affair, which must be refreshing to dandily dressed producer Joel Silver, who’s visiting after a trip to Germany to check up on the Wachowski brothers, who are hard at work spending handfuls of dough on his other, rather more expensive project, Speed Racer.

Though RocknRolla may seem like a reflex reaction to the two strikes that precede it - let’s not forget the entirely forgettable Swept Away - Ritchie insists that this was simply an idea that would have come bubbling up anyway. “The idea of RocknRolla was really inspired by reading so many articles about how much London has changed over the last 20 years,” he explains, “and how London is being touted as the new New York, to a degree. It has changed, culturally, so much, and there’s so much money here now that it seemed like there was a film to be made about that, because of all the new money that has come into the UK, particularly with the Russian oligarchs.”

Ritchie lets that phrase dangle a little bit, partly because it sounds cool, but also because everyone knows Russians are always good for drama. “They have a unique way of doing business,” he says, “which is they don’t haggle - they double the price of everything. If it’s going for 500 million, they’ll pay a billion. So it has left everyone with their pans down a bit. And what I’m trying to do in this film is capitalise on the entertaining aspect of that. So, obviously, there’ll be nefarious deeds and dodgy deal behind the scenes as people squabble for profits in the new London. Which is my genre, to a degree, but I wanted to take that genre and make it a bit more international, I suppose.”

As for the story itself, Ritchie is tight-lipped, although he’s happy to divulge some clues. “There hasn’t been a property correction here for 20 years,” he says, “ House prices don’t go down, they just go up. And the natives of England are sort of being left behind, because the big money came in and if it wanted something, it bought it and it made a bigger fortune by doing so. And as anyone who has tried to buy a house in central London knows” - reminder! This is Guy Ritchie speaking - “it’s almost impossible to do so unless you’ve got ten million quid. So this is really a story about how a couple of, er, natives, if you will, try to get into a property deal - and it goes wrong.”

As ever with a Ritchie movie, the secret weapon is the casting, and RocknRolla includes a fantastic array of British talent - Tom Wilkinson, Mark Strong, Toby Kebbell, Tom Hardy and Gerard Butler - alongside leftfield choices such as Jeremy Piven, Ludacris and Thandie Newton. Indeed, depending on who survives at the end of the saga, he may have plans for some of those characters to reappear: a sort of ‘further adventures of’ deal, if you like. But where did that title come from? Is Guy thinking of queering his wife Madonna’s pitch? “The title,” he recalls, looking a bit befuddled, “is loosely based on one of the characters within the film, who’s a crackhead, but was a successful pop star - or rock ‘n’ roller - at one stage. But which came first? I can’t remember! Chicken or the egg,” he muses. “Not sure about that one!”

Non so bene perchè,ma in base a questo articolo,le Gals pensano che il film possa essere presentato a settembre al Toronto film festival...

view post Posted on 21/6/2008, 13:44

Group:
Administrator

Un articolo che inserisce Rockenrolla tra i film degni di essere visti quest'autunno(perchè prima non c'è nulla di meglio!)

http://brianliles13.blogspot.com/2008/06/o...-this-fall.html

Cito solo la parte di Rockenrolla,(al nr 5) l'unico sigh che non ha video ma solo una foto...

Director: Guy Ritchie
Stars: Gerard Butler, Jeremy Piven, Tom Wilkinson, Gemma Arterton, Thandie Newton, Ludacris
Release Date: 10/31

The Plot: In London, a crooked land deal puts millions of dollars up for grabs, pitting some of the city's scrappiest tough guys (Butler, Elba) against its more established underworld players (Wilkinson).

THE BUZZ: Is Guy Richie back? Will he still be married by the time his fifth movie is released this fall? Those are the two stories running concurrently while Richie tries to keep his cool as the pressure builds around his career and his family life. Back in his criminal element, with a formidable cast that includes Thandie Newton, Jeremy Piven, and Ludacris, I'm thinking Richie could be in for his biggest international success to date. The lid is sealed tight on the production, with barely a peep from the editing suite since a slew of coverage hit last last fall, including photos of Butler and his love interest, Ms. Newton, who plays an accountant to underworld types.

view post Posted on 22/6/2008, 17:23

Group:
Administrator

Qui c'è un breve articolo con qualche foto nuova...

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/06/21/new-rocknrolla-photos/

gemini21
view post Posted on 22/6/2008, 18:19

Le foto che girano però sono sempre le stesse, uffa, un po' come con Game!

gemini21
view post Posted on 26/6/2008, 20:00

Guy Ritchie’s RocknRolla Trailer is Bitchin’

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/guy-...-is-bitchin.php

There are few directors in the world today who are as unique as Guy Ritchie. His films, everything from Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrells to Snatch, have all had a quality that is all their own, or at least a quality that is limited to his body of work. Well, his early body of work at least. For fans of Ritchie’s extasy-infused, high-octain beginnings have seen his talent spend on working the baby factory with his wife Madonna, as well as a throw-away film called Swept Away in 2002. To say the least, he has yet to really recover from the damage of the Madonna-headlined film.

That is, until now. In his upcoming film RocknRolla, Ritchie takes badass incarnate Gerard Butler and throws him into a whirlwind story about the intersection of London’s seedy underbelly and a Russian mobster’s shady land deal, all somehow interconnected with a gun-toting rock star. The film also stars Thandie Newton, Tom Wilkinson, Gemma Arterton and the always entertaining Jeremy Piven. As well, I am sure, as some other familiar faces.

To help us get all worked up for Ritchie’s return to form, or so we hope, Empire Online has released the first trailer for the film — and it looks like a lot of fun.

view post Posted on 27/6/2008, 08:29

Group:
Moderatore globale

questo qui ha trovato il trailer divertente...menomale ^_^

gemini21
view post Posted on 30/6/2008, 10:51

Il trailer di RocknRolla

http://www.badtaste.it/index.php?option=co...=4278&Itemid=29

Scritto da Simone
lunedì 30 giugno 2008

Il regista Guy Ritchie sembra aver ritrovato la forma di un tempo con RocknRolla, gangster movie con protagonista Gerard Butler.

Rocknrolla Lock & Stock e Snatch sembravano lanciare Guy RitchieSwept Away come uno dei giovani registi più promettenti, ma i successivi film del regista inglese sono state delle grosse delusioni, in particolare .
Da anni si aspetta con fiducia un ritorno in grande stile, e il suo prossimo film sembra l'occasione giusta: RocknRolla, in uscita quest'autunno, possiede tutte le carte in regola. Sangue, sparatorie, un ottimo cast e un trailer accattivante.

Rocknrolla è ambientato a Londra e, come spesso avviene nei film di Ritchie, contiene moltissimi personaggi. Tutto inizia con un gangster russo che conclude un grosso affare di speculazione edilizia e mette in circolazione una grossa somma che sembra molto semplice da accalappiare. Tutti i criminali di Londra si mettono così alla ricerca dei soldi.

gemini21
view post Posted on 2/7/2008, 11:09

In questo articolo si parla del Comicon e si ipotizza che Gerry potrebbe essere presente alla presentazione di Rocknrolla.

http://entertainment.msn.com/news/article.aspx?news=321236

Here's a quick run down of who is tentatively scheduled to appear ... the key word is "tentatively," as Comic-Con loves to keep the element of surprise intact:

"RocknRolla" -- Gerard Butler, Jeremy Piven, Chris "Ludacris" Bridges and director Guy Ritchie. Can anyone say, "boys' club"?

view post Posted on 2/7/2008, 11:35

Group:
Moderatore globale

speriamo ci vada! :woot:

jiujiu
view post Posted on 2/7/2008, 17:05

siiiii!!magariiii!!! :entusiasmo:

61 replies since 4/4/2008, 12:59   953 views