Dear Frankie - Recensioni della stampa

« Older   Newer »
arielcips
view post Posted on 15/9/2008, 11:17 by: arielcips

He's a lion that I am proud to hunt

Group:
Administrator

C'è ancora chi lo ha appena scoperto e solo ora comprende quanto sia bravo Gerry!!!

http://www.gerardbutler.net/news/news_main...ull&NewsID=3555

Watched a couple of good DVD's on Netflix over the past few weekends. While I was a bit underwhelmed by "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day", I was very happy to discover a little film called, "Dear Frankie". It's about a young mother and her hearing impaired son. The father was abusive and so they escaped and are on the run. However, she tells the boy that the father is off sailing on a ship and she writes letters to the boy pretending to be the father. Unfortunately for her, the ship he is supposedly on is going to be coming back to the town, so she hires a stranger to be the father for a day. You can kind of guess what happens. Still, despite its predictability, it's a wonderful independent film, Scottish, with a delightful cast.

All I can say about the guy who plays the stranger is, why haven't I ever seen or heard of Gerard Butler before? My gawd, he's gorgeous, and a very compelling actor. So, I discovered that he was also in PS, I Love You, which was already in my queue. I saw that one last night, and while that was a "so-so" film, it's really hard not to be smitten by Gerard Butler.

8 replies since 4/4/2008, 21:42   619 views