The ugly truth - è iniziata la promozione!

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 27/11/2008, 08:30

He's a lion that I am proud to hunt

Group:
Administrator

E' iniziata la promozione del film,come dimostra l'uscita delle prime interviste e del trailer:

http://www.etonline.com/news/2008/11/68214/

'Knocked Up' and "Grey's Anatomy" star Katherine Heigl returns to big-screen romance opposite '300' hunk Gerard Butler this coming April in the deliciously dirty comedy 'The Ugly Truth' -- but why is she in for a rude awakening? ET has an exclusive first look!

In 'The Ugly Truth,' Katherine plays Abby, a romantically challenged morning show producer whose search for Mr. Perfect has left her hopelessly single.

"I think we decided to make Abby just on the cusp of OCD," explains Katherine. "Just a really uptight chick who is super organized, super on top of things, and likes that kind of control in every aspect of her life; she's really great at her job, but she tries to take that professionalism and those organizational skills into dating."

Clearly it's not working. Now, Abby is in for a rude awakening when hardcore TV personality Mike Chadway (Butler) enters the picture and pulls no punches -- on air and off -- about the ugly truth on what makes men and women tick. Will their immediate friction create sparks? Or will someone go down in flames?

Watch ET for more with Katherine and Gerard in our 'The Ugly Truth' exclusive!

http://www.theinsider.com/news/1384095_Spa..._The_Ugly_Truth

"The Insider" has an exclusive first look at 'Knocked Up' star Katherine Heigl and '300' hunk Gerard Butler in the deliciously dirty comedy 'The Ugly Truth'! Watch the preview trailer now!

In 'The Ugly Truth,' out April 3, Katherine plays Abby, a romantically challenged morning show producer whose search for Mr. Perfect has left her hopelessly single. Abby is in for a rude awakening when hardcore TV personality Mike Chadway (Butler) enters the picture and pulls no punches -- on air and off -- about the ugly truth on what makes men and women tick. Will their immediate friction create sparks? Or will someone go down in flames?

Watch "The Insider" for more with Katherine and Gerard!

view post Posted on 2/12/2008, 12:53

Group:
Administrator

Ancora un breve articolo di promozione,all'indomani del trailer:

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b71193_rat...eigls_ugly.html

No, it's not what you think. It's a movie in which the Grey's Anatomy actress seeks love with the help of a boorish blowhard played by Gerard Butler. And wouldn't you know it? These two attractive, mismatched people have to endure each other, work together and make totally ill-conceived wagers together that might just lead to a compromising situation or two. Or possibly something else?

The supporting cast looks promising—Kevin Connolly, Cheryl Hines and the always-funny John Michael Higgins—and we could use a good romantic comedy right now (don't ask!), so is this the one for us? Sound off in the comments.

http://www.movieplayer.it/news/07888/i-tra...esn-t-kill-you/

e ce n'è anche uno in italiano:

I trailer di The Wrestler, The Ugly Truth e What Doesn't Kill You

Gli appassionati della commedia romantica potranno apprezzare le prime immagini di The Ugly Truth, pellicola diretta da Robert Luketic e interpretata dalla nuova icona del romanticismo moderno made in USA Katherine Heigl e dal bel Gerard Butler.
Il film, a giudicare dal trailer, sembra strizzare l'occhio alla guerra dei sessi tipica delle commedie della Hollywood anni '50, con Butler presentatore televisivo ironico e disincantato che si diverte a punzecchiare la sua produttrice, donna in carriera single in cerca dell'amore.
Ovviamente pare proprio che i consigli "disinteressati" dell'amico Mike, che guida e aiuta la sua produttrice nei primi appuntamenti con quello che sembra l'uomo perfetto (giovane, single e chirurgo), non sortiranno l'effetto sperato.

Il trailer frizzante, pieno di ritmo e battute preannuncia già ciò che ci dobbiamo attendere dal film

Edited by arielcips - 2/12/2008, 14:35

view post Posted on 13/12/2008, 18:09

Group:
Administrator

Secondo me,anche questa notizia,rientra nella promozione del film...La locandina del film è entrata tra quelle più significative in una classifica stilata da questo blogger:

http://www.instantshift.com/2008/12/12/29-...ers-of-2008-09/

Movie posters known as a brief introduction for what the movie all about. Every movie has a poster for its publicity and marketing purpose. Now over the past few years, we’ve continuously seen a boom of posters and DVD covers continuing to appropriate the style.

A good poster is a very easy job for an regular artist but a creative poster takes a lot amount of time and thinking for one or more group of artists which however, reaches beyond the simple advertisement work to a piece of art and the outcome is so wonderful then a regular movie poster that it made movie memorable. Still there are exceptions in which movie rating was really low but the posters are really inspirational.

To get things started, we collected 24 Cinematic Poster Arts that fairly creative and dare to be different, all from 2008 & 2009 films.

view post Posted on 16/12/2008, 08:47

Group:
Administrator

ancora commenti favorevoli dai blog:

http://lifeinboxes.blogspot.com/2008/12/mo...ugly-truth.html

I am a fan of chick flicks. The Wedding Planner, How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Definitely, Maybe, etc. - you name it, I've probably seen it (and probably dragged the boyfriend, too!).

Anyway, I saw the trailer for The Ugly Truth today .. and I WANT TO SEE IT! Besides the fact that I kind of dislike Katherine Heigl (she really likes to bite the hand that feeds), Gerard Butler is a handsome piece of man, and I love a good chick flick. It'll be out in theaters on April 3, 2009.

view post Posted on 2/1/2009, 11:17

Group:
Administrator

ne parlano anche su Just Jared:

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/01/02/ug...-gerard-butler/

Cito solo questa battuta della Heigl:

”They embark on this ridiculous pairing of two people who are from polar opposite sides of the issue,” Heigl tells EW. ”The whole men are from Mars, women are from Venus thing… [In comparison to my last romantic comedy,] it’s not so soft, and everything isn’t so perfect. This movie was just a little more edgy…enough to make it at least more interesting to the guys who take their girlfriends.”

'Ci si imbarca su questo ridicolo confronto tra due persone che sono diametralmente opposte:tutti gli uomini vengono da Marte,tutte le donne da Venere...si pensa(considerando la mia ultima commedia romantica)...non è così liscio,non tutto è così perfetto.Questo film è un po' più 'mordace'...abbastanza da renderlo interessante ai ragazzi che ci porteranno le loro fidanzate...'

Parlano dell'uscita di TUT anche qui...

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/200...s/?zIndex=30805

jiujiu
view post Posted on 4/1/2009, 16:03

CITAZIONE
Ci si imbarca su questo ridicolo confronto tra due persone che sono diametralmente opposte:tutti gli uomini vengono da Marte,tutte le donne da Venere...si pensa(considerando la mia ultima commedia romantica)...non è così liscio,non tutto è così perfetto.Questo film è un po' più 'mordace'...abbastanza da renderlo interessante ai ragazzi che ci porteranno le loro fidanzate...'

come ho già detto, mi ispira e non vedo l'ora di vederlo...uhh, il 19 giugno sembra così lontano... :trota:

boleroazul
view post Posted on 5/1/2009, 22:13

...molto lontano...

view post Posted on 10/2/2009, 12:39

Group:
Administrator

Una blogger commenta l'ottimo lavoro fatto con la locandina:

http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/02/10/fin...the-ugly-truth/

by Alex Billington
Final Poster for Butler and Heigl's The Ugly Truth

Last year, Sony released a poster for their summer romantic comedy The Ugly Truth that my graphics designer friend praised (which is rare), saying that it was "cleverly minimalistic and effective." It was simple but got people interested, which is important for effective poster design. Well, Sony has released the final version of the poster and replaced the stick figures with the real actors - Gerard Butler and Katherine Heigl
. I think they did a good job taking the simple design and adding some faces to it, so I wanted to feature it today. I've also put up the original poster below to compare the two side-by-side, if you're interested.

The Ugly Truth is directed by Australian filmmaker Robert Luketic, of Legally Blonde, Monster-in-Law, and 21 most recently. The story was developed by newcomer Nicole Eastman and the screenplay was written by Eastman and writing duo Karen McCullah Lutz and Kirsten Smith (Legally Blonde, She's the Man, The House Bunny). Sony will premiere The Ugly Truth in theaters everywhere on July 24th.

imageimage

amelia300
view post Posted on 30/4/2009, 19:08

CITAZIONE (arielcips @ 10/2/2009, 13:39)
Una blogger commenta l'ottimo lavoro fatto con la locandina:

(IMG:http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9024/ugly...osterlefji8.jpg)

Sono proprio d'accordo... questa è un'ottima locandina :fisch: :sbav:

view post Posted on 8/5/2009, 07:39

Group:
Administrator

In questo articolo parlano di TUT come di uno dei 5 film 'meno' da vedere nella stagione estiva...La coppia Butler-Heigl è bocciata sul nascere...lui sarà anche bravo(si cita Rocknrolla,Poto e Game,ma lo si boccia in 300) ma chi scrive non ce lo vede in una commedia romantica...Lei poi..viene subito liquidata per le sue manie da star...

http://www.411mania.com/movies/columns/104006

4. The Ugly Truth

As I insinuated above, the true test of a romantic comedy is the strength of its main pairing. Here again we have a movie starring two actors that I have no problem avoiding – one much more so than the other. I don't really have anything against Gerard Butler, per se. He was decent enough in Rock'N'Rolla, and I actually liked his performance in Phantom of the Opera. But I still can't see the massive star-power charisma that many entertainment publications bestowed upon him after the success of 300 (a film that, let's face it, did not do well because Gerard Butler was in it). I can't wait to see Game, the upcoming Butler action flick from the guys responsible for Crank, but I can definitely skip him in a romantic comedy. Especially since the female lead is Katherine Heigl. Ugh. As far as I'm concerned, Heigl peaked with Bride of Chucky. Yeah, sure, she was OK in Knocked Up, but don't tell me someone like Anna Farris or Isla Fisher wouldn't have been even better. And then of course there are the numerous reports of Heigl's recent transformation into a diva super-bitch. Maybe it isn't fair to judge someone on stuff like that, but then I never said I was fair.

gemini78
view post Posted on 8/5/2009, 20:56

Seee faceva prima a dire che non gli/le piacciono le commedie chiunque ci reciti!

E poi 300 è quello che è anche grazie a Gerry!! :bash: :bash: :bash:

gemini78
view post Posted on 3/7/2009, 10:54

E anche in Italia se ne continua a parlare per fortuna :D

Il re e la regina di cuori
1 luglio 2009 - pubblicato da micaelacastiglioni in Amore, Anticipazioni, Commedie, Recensioni, Sentimentale

Prossimamente al cinema questa nuova commedia romantica con Katherine Heigl (Izzie, Grey’s Anatomy) e Gerard Butler(P.S. I love you). La coppia inedita, sembra quasi si sia specializzando in film sentimentali, ritagliati su misura per loro.

Il film “The Ugly Truth” narra di Abby una romantica produttrice televisiva in cerca dell’amore, senza grande successo, (visto che parliamo della Heigl sembra quasi impossibile) che deve pure sottostare alle trovate infantili e canzonatorie del suo corrispondente Mike (Butler). L’uomo ha le proprie teorie sull’amore, ovviamente non idilliache, cercherà quindi di aiutare il suo capo, tentando di farle capire l’amara realtà sulle relazioni, però…

http://iriscinema.it/2009/07/01/il-re-e-la-regina-di-cuori/

gerardsweety
view post Posted on 4/7/2009, 11:38

grazie mille laura,speriamo che esca prestooooo!!!

gemini78
view post Posted on 26/10/2009, 13:18

E comincia la promozione anche in Italia

Film
La dura verità

Nel caotico mondo della tv tutti i programmi, anche quelli personali, hanno bisogno di un coach.

La produttrice di uno show mattutino in una tv locale Abby Richter (Katherine Heigl) in crisi di ascolti, viene costretta suo malgrado a collaborare con il conduttore del programma "The Ugly Truth" Milke Chadway (Gerard Butler), un tipo decisamente sciovinista e arrogante, che si vanta di essere un esperto in relazioni interpersonali. Impegnatissima sul lavoro e piuttosto esigente in fatto di uomini, Abby è condannata ad essere single. Pertanto, quando il conduttore super-macho e superattivo comincia a consigliarla su come rilanciare il suo programma, immancabilmente comincia a darle lezioni su come trovare l'amore. Dopo le iniziali, inevitabili, repulsioni, Abby comincia ad apprezzare i consigli del tanto odiato giornalista, che alla fine cadrà nella sua stessa trappola.

Commedia romantica diretta dall'australiano Robert Luketic - regista di Legally Blonde (2002), Quel mostro di suocera (2005) e 21 (2008). Professionista della commedia brillante, La rivincita delle bionde con la spumeggiante Reese Witerspoon, è stato campione di incassi, e molto apprezzato dal pubblico anche Quel mostro di suocera con la coppia Jennifer Lopez - Jane Fonda. Adesso Luketic si affida all''antipatica' diva di Grey's Anatomy, di Molto Incinta e del recente 27 volte in bianco, Katherine Heigl ed alla star di 300, Gerard Butler.

La sceneggiatura scritta dall'esordiente Nicole Eastman in collaborazione con Karen McCullah Lutz e Kirsten Smith, segue percorsi già visitati nelle commedie del genere, ma Luketic li sviluppa in modo originale non lasciando intuire la previdibilità degli eventi.

Uscito nelle sale americane a luglio scorso, malgrado sia stato bocciato da gran parte della critica per la sua poca originalità, La dura verità ha ottenuto un riscontro positivo da parte del pubblico con un terzo posto al botteghino, subito dopo Harry Potter e il principe mezzosangue e G-force.

http://www.primissima.it/film/pagina14412.html

Kyriem
view post Posted on 26/10/2009, 13:40

Però anche qui non dice quando esce (anche se noi sappiamo che la data di uscita è tra un mese...)

Hanno paura a fargli troppa promozione??? Su coming soon ho visto ora i trailers e TUT non c'era!!

15 replies since 27/11/2008, 08:30   421 views