Machine Gun Preacher : aggiornamenti sulla produzione

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 14/12/2009, 23:29

He's a lion that I am proud to hunt

Group:
Moderatore globale

a quanto pare Gerry sta lavorando ad un nuovo progetto,portare sullo schermo la vita di un predicatore,Sam Childers,che con la moglie cerca di salvare i bambini che vivono nelle zone di guerra del Sudan,dopo essere stato(da giovane presumo) membro di una banda di motociclisti.

Sam Childers (born 1962) is a former gang biker who now dedicates his life and resources to rescue children in the war zone of Sudan. Childers and his wife Lynn founded and operate Angels of East Africa, the Children’s Village Orphanage in Nimule, Sudan, where they currently have more than 300 children in their care.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Childers

Edited by sabrinta - 14/12/2009, 23:31

view post Posted on 14/12/2009, 23:30

Group:
Administrator

...mi ripeto: padre Stolberrrrggg si materializzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

view post Posted on 14/12/2009, 23:32

Group:
Moderatore globale

l'ho pensato subito anch'ioooo :P

Kyriem
view post Posted on 14/12/2009, 23:37

Bel ruolo... E vai Gerry!! Speriamo che questo si materializzi davvero!!

nikuzzact
view post Posted on 14/12/2009, 23:37

CITAZIONE (arielcips @ 14/12/2009, 23:30)

ki sarebbe???

view post Posted on 14/12/2009, 23:40

Group:
Administrator

...una mia visione: leggi la ff 'Senzacuore' e capirai!!!

nikuzzact
view post Posted on 14/12/2009, 23:41

aaaaaaaaaaaaah...ok...pian piano le sto leggendo tutte!

gra70
view post Posted on 15/12/2009, 07:37

CITAZIONE (arielcips @ 14/12/2009, 23:30)

Sempre più maga Ariel...

OMG..... Padre Stolberg.... :caldo: :caldo: :drool:

Speriamo che si realizzi questo progetto non sembra niente male...

view post Posted on 15/12/2009, 13:17

Group:
Administrator

altre notizie in proposito(occhio alla moto...)

http://www.ourtownonline.biz/articles/2009...cal/news237.txt

Samuel Childers is a minister, a soldier and loves to ride his Harley-Davidson — an unusual combination to say the least.

Now a movie is being made about his life.

Childers lives in Stonycreek Township where his ministry has built a sanctuary, the Shekinah Fellowship Church. But his work doesn’t end in Somerset County. He has written a book called “Another Man’s War: The True Story of One Man’s Battle to Save Children in the Sudan,” published by Thomas Nelson.

Since the book was published, a screenplay has been written about his life. And it will soon be made into a major motion picture. Details are scarce; however, actor Gerard Butler recently visited Childers at his church in Central City. Butler may play the “Machine Gun Preacher” in the movie. Screenwriter Jason Keller wrote the screenplay about Childers, who got his unique moniker from his aggressive style of saving African children from warlords.

“Keller is one of the best screenwriters in the world,” Childers said. “God didn’t give me just one of the best, but all of the people involved with the movie are in the top 10.”

Talent includes Marc Forster, the director who made the latest 007 movie, “Quantum of Solace.” Forster was also recently in Somerset County to learn more about Childers’ life.
And there is a lot to learn.

Childers said that his life started out in a typical manner. He had an ordinary childhood with a “good Christian upbringing,” even though his father, an iron worker, had to move the family from state to state whenever he was laid off.

“My father never believed in unemployment,” Childers said. “He felt it was welfare. So our family moved a lot.”

He attended school at Shanksville, moved to Minnesota and ended up in Florida, where he became involved with drinking and drugs.

“I knew at a young age right from wrong, but that didn’t stop me,” he said. “I did not gradate from any high school. I’m a miracle from God. I don’t have a high school diploma, yet I taught in colleges. I recently returned from Australia where I spoke in 27 high schools.”

It was in Florida, the same state where he became a drug addict, that he found God.

“One day I just woke up and knew the drugs were going to kill me,” Childers said.

In 1986 Childers and his wife, Lynn, moved back to Pennsylvania where he started a construction business. They returned to Florida during the down months.

“I worked doing roofing and building and my business took off,” he said. “It was in 1992 I turned my life completely over to God.”

He became a preacher, starting his first church in Clear Spring, Md., in 1995.

“After leaving the church, God called me to be an evangelist, which I did, at first speaking to 20 to 30 people at a time. Now I speak on average to 3,000 to 6,000 people at a time,” he said.

Childers said it was on his first mission trip in 1998 to Sudan, Africa, that he received his true calling: to save children from the Lord’s Resistance Army.

“I saw what happened to a small child who had stepped on a land mine and I knew I had to do something,” he said.

That’s when he began his mission work in Africa, taking money, food and clothing to the refuges. Childers started an orphanage for displaced children along with one of the larger churches in the area.

“I also do personal security there, so that is where I met many stars from Hollywood and worked with programs such as ‘Dateline’ and ‘National Geographic,’” he said.

His ministry work grew and he knew it was time to write a book about his life.

Childers said filmmakers hope to shoot the movie in Somerset County, but that will depend on if money is available from the state.

“They give tax breaks in the state to film here, but they only have so much tax dollars per year. If they don’t shoot here, the actors will be coming back and forth for the next six months to spend time with me to catch the character in order to play the part,” he said. “They should start filming in May.”

The movie is tentatively called “The Machine Gun Preacher.”

“This is really going fast. People who live in small towns think things like this do not happen,” Childers said. “I wrote the book in March and one year later look what is happening.”

Childers’ work has not stopped because of the movie deal. He said he has written a second book, which will be published after the movie. He plans to return to his work in Africa the day after Christmas.

gra70
view post Posted on 15/12/2009, 14:33

CITAZIONE (arielcips @ 15/12/2009, 13:17)
“They should start filming in May.”

Allora ricapitolando all'inizio dell'anno (quindi gennaio febbraio) gira Slide, a marzo Coriolanus e questo (se confermato) a Maggio .... :mmm: :mmm: :mmm: alla faccia del workholic !!!! :cry:

(evito di commentare la moto... :o: :o: )

view post Posted on 16/12/2009, 14:18

Group:
Administrator

Ancora commenti e riflessioni sulla notizia...

http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/12/16/mar...e-gun-preacher/

Marc Forster & Gerard Butler Taking on Machine Gun Preacher?

December 16, 2009
by Ethan Anderton
Sam Childers

Once Gerard Butler fought for Sparta in 300 his career took off from what was previously spotted with brief appearances in films, to starring roles in blockbusters. His recent bouts in romantic comedies like The Ugly Truth show that Butler isn't ready to be pigeonholed into one genre just yet, and it looks like he might be diversifying even more as the gossip blog Oh No They Didn't snagged a story from a local Pennsylvania website about Butler potentially starring in a film called Machine Gun Preacher. Said to be directed by Marc Forster the story chronicles the life of real life minister, biker and soldier Sam Childers. Read on!

After time spent riding his Harley-Davidson, doing drugs, and enjoying women, somehow Childers found comfort in God, and now he spends his time helping oppressed and threatened children in African countries like Sudan. Machine Gun Preacher, being written by Jason Keller, chronicles the ups and downs of Childers life as well as the work he does today, taking cues from his book Another Man's War: The True Story of One Man's Battle to Save Children in the Sudan. Here's Amazon's take on Childers and his page turning story:

Sam Childers has always been a fighter. Born to a violent father and a mother of great faith, his life was a contradiction. With an affinity for drugs and women, the angry young man grew into a drug-dealing biker. But that was then. Nowadays Sam-along with the cadre of Sudanese soldiers he employs-spends his time in the most dangerous parts of Sudan and Uganda rescuing the youngest victims of war, orphans and child-soldiers. His mission is simple: save the children, no matter the cost.

Though it sounds a bit heavy handed and melodramatic at first, the fact that a man can turn his life around so drastically, whether it be because of religion or not, is certainly an intriguing story at least. And when you look at Childers, seen above, you can definitely see Gerard Butler putting on the chops and stepping into those shoes. However, I wonder how much of the film will focus on the more struggled aspects of his life like overcoming drugs, finding religion and so on, over the time he spends in Sudan operating a small militia. That will be the key factor in figuring out exactly what kind of movie we can expect Marc Forster. We'll be waiting to hear an official announcement sometime in the future so keep your ears open for more details.

krisss
view post Posted on 16/12/2009, 21:52

Ohhhhhssssantaaaapupazzaaaaaaa!!!
Lo vogliooo!

gra70
view post Posted on 17/12/2009, 09:38

Incredibile ma vero ne parlano anche qui in Italia
(e fanno pure un complimento a Gerry!!! il mondo si sta rovesciando??? :unsure: :unsure: )

http://www.film.it/news/gerard-butler-bene...orster/2088614/

16/12/2009
GERARD BUTLER BENEFATTORE PER MARC FORSTER

Stando al sito web della città di Johnstown, Pennsylvania, Marc Forster sta per tornare – dopo l’exploit action di “Quantum of Solace” – a un genere a lui più congeniale. Nel suo prossimo film, “Machine Gun Preacher”, Forster racconterà la storia vera di Sam Childers, un uomo cresciuto tra la violenza, domestica e urbana, cha da selvaggio biker e spacciatore di droga si è trasformato in un pastore che spende ancora oggi la propria esistenza nelle zone di guerra tra Uganda e Sudan, per salvare le vite dei tanti bambini trasformati in soldati.

Childers sarà interpretato probabilmente da Gerard Butler, che grazie a questo ruolo potrebbe dimostrare davvero di che pasta è >fatto. La pellicola sarà tratta dall’autobiografia di Childers, “Another Man's War: The True Story of One Man's Battle to Save Children in the Sudan”.

:cheeerleaders: :cheeerleaders:

view post Posted on 17/12/2009, 09:42

Group:
Administrator

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kyriem
view post Posted on 17/12/2009, 10:40

Era l'ora che ne parlassero bene anche da noi!! ;)

160 replies since 14/12/2009, 23:29   2423 views