The bounty hunter: recensioni

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 13/3/2010, 10:45

He's a lion that I am proud to hunt

Group:
Administrator

Ecco la prima recensione dell'ultima rom com di Gerry...
non mi sembra una buona recensione: lamenta infatti che commedie come quelle fatte da gerry(a partire dal TUT) stanno ammazzando il genere...nel tentativo di rinnovarlo eliminano quelle che erano state le sue 'delicate' caratteristiche per diventare qualcosa di .... non saprei tradurre thuggish, ugly and pointless...(aggettivi che il giornalista assegna a LAC)...

'http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2010/mar/13/jennifer-aniston-bounty-hunter-john-patterson

Something terrible is happening to the modern romantic comedy, hitherto a blameless and chaste movie fixture for housewives waiting for the rush hour to die down, 'tween girls waiting for their princes to show up, and sentimental straight guys like me who want to let their inner confused-teenage-girl out for walkies once in a while. These days every other romantic comedy feels like an action movie, especially the new breed of roughhousing romcom that seems to be exclusively populated by Gerard Butler, Katherine Heigl and the many manifestations of Jennifer Aniston.

This week's offering is The Bounty Hunter, a fairly trite reworking of elements of 48 Hrs and Midnight Run, with the twist being that this time the bounty isn't some incarcerated lowlife or crooked mob accountant, but the obnoxious ex-wife (Aniston) of the equally obnoxious bounty hunter (Butler). I realise it's high time we refreshed the tired tics and tropes of the kissy-kissy no-boys-allowed modern women's picture, I just didn't think the solution would be to take the suppressed homoeroticism of the punchy-punchy male buddy flick then slather it over the vaguely virginal values associated with most Sandra Bullock and Amanda Bynes movies.

Gerard Butler seems to have a lot to do with this, having co-starred with Heigl in what was roundly judged to have been one of the worst movies of 2009, and easily the least romantic romantic comedy, The Ugly Truth (true or no, it was certainly hard to gaze upon). Then again, what do you expect when your male lead's recent roles included 300 and Law Abiding Citizen, the one elegantly thuggish but homoerotic to an astoundingly unself-aware degree (um, I think …), the other merely thuggish, ugly and pointless. Surely some remnant of that fired-up male heaviosity and brutishness has to carry over?

Add to that a remark made by Heigl's Knocked Up co-star Seth Rogen, who recalled that during the casting process he and Judd Apatow had struggled to find the right actress for such a testosterone-heavy cast. With Heigl, it turned out, "you could beat the *beep* out of her all day long on improvs – and she always gave it right back in kind." That sounds almost as macho as Angelina Jolie, and thus it seemed fitting for Heigl and Butler to be trapped together in the same awful movie.

And here's Aniston now, trapped in the seventh circle of romcom/action flick hell, trading more fisticuffs than snogs with her co-star. Ever a fixture in the romcom field, Aniston has almost singlehandedly degraded the genre with her efforts, from Along Came Polly to last year's Love Happens, a trajectory whose arc leads us inexorably towards the romantic comedy doghouse (paging Marley & Me!), and takes us all down along with it.

gra70
view post Posted on 16/3/2010, 14:00

Che il massacro abbia inizio... :( :( :(

The weekend before last, Sandra Bullock did her credibility the power of good by turning up to accept an award and making a funny speech. Like Halle Berry before her, having won the Razzie for Worst Actress, Bullock showed the world that she got the joke. You'd like to think that Jennifer Aniston will show the same sense of fun if she gets the nod next year - it's only March, but after 'The Bounty Hunter' she's a contender.

She plays Nicole Hurley, a journalist who becomes a fugitive when she fails to turn up to answer a charge of assaulting a police horse with her car because she's trying to break a big story. Enter Milo Boyd (Butler), a bounty hunter, former cop - and Nicole's ex-husband. With $5,000 waiting for him when Nicole's behind bars, Milo won't hear a word about her police corruption scoop, but she's not going to take 'no' for an answer.

Aniston looking great in a black skirt and heels and Butler looking beefy in a short-sleeved shirt aren't good enough reasons to make a film. Did someone think that just putting them together would let the magic flow? Eh, you have to give them something to work with, too.

As light on gags as it is on charm, 'The Bounty Hunter' is a real stinker and if you ever met its two stars after seeing it the first question out of your mouth would not be "Can I take a photo?" or "Are you doing anything Saturday night?" but either "How in the name of all that's holy did you read that script and think it was decent?" or "Are you going to give me my €10 back?"

'The Bounty Hunter' manages to feel rushed and longer than 'Avatar' simultaneously. Scenes fall flat because the punchlines are so weak and the constant bickering between the we-still-fancy-each-other Nicole and Milo gets old very quickly - 'Midnight Run' it isn't. Sometimes you'll look through your hands, sometimes you'll give two fingers to the screen but mostly you'll be working on a serious case of RSI from checking your watch.

Harry Guerin

www.rte.ie/arts/2010/0315/thebountyhunter.html

gemini78
view post Posted on 17/3/2010, 21:49

Aggiungo questa che da al film una stella e mezzo su quattro...

Review: Aniston and Butler in `The Bounty Hunter'

In Steven Soderbergh's "Out of Sight," George Clooney and Jennifer Lopez memorably created romantic sparks while huddled in the trunk of a car. By contrast, the action-laden romantic-comedy "The Bounty Hunter" begins with Jennifer Aniston bursting out a trunk in a smokey blaze of ignited flares as Gerard Butler chases after her.

As incubators of chemistry, the trunk of "Out of Sight" has the stuff, while "The Bounty Hunter" is up in smoke.

The premise of "The Bounty Hunter" is as much an absurd gimmick as it is an effective hook.

Butler, the buff, smirking Scottish star of "300" and "The Ugly Truth," plays Milo Boyd, a former cop turned bounty hunter who gets the job of his life: the opportunity to drag his ex-wife (Aniston) to jail.

As Nicole Hurley, Aniston, somewhat incredibly, is a hard-nosed crime reporter for the New York Daily News (its offices make a cameo). While tenaciously pursuing a lead on a suspicious murder on the Lower East Side, Hurley misses a court appearance for a car accident, and the judge issues a warrant for her arrest.

But neither actor is playing a character as much as they're playing movie stars. At no point in "The Bounty Hunter" are you anything but fully aware that you're watching Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler — and perhaps that's the idea.

For better and worse, "The Bounty Hunter" is an opportunity to sit in the dark with these two likable, attractive stars, rather than piece together distorted glimpses of them in the tabloids.

Here is Aniston smartly dressed in tight skirts and heels, composed and discombobulated at once; and Butler: brash, unshaven, a little sweaty and at one moment — to the glee of half the audience — shirtless.

Exactly why Milo and Nicole split after a relatively brief marriage is never specified (she was too career-focused, he says; he wasn't understanding, she says), but they certainly can't stand each other anymore. Thrown back together, they gradually rehash the past as they travel from Atlantic City back to New York, their course repeatedly thrown off by various attackers.

A number of supporting characters are summoned for comic flashes: Jason Sudeikis (as a fellow News reporter in love with Nicole), Jeff Garlin (as Milo's boss), Christine Baranski (as Nicole's mother) and Jayne Houdyshell (as a landlady), among them.

Director Andy Tennant ("Hitch,""Fool's Gold") overstuffs the film with constant overlaid music, impatient cutting and a generally unsettled approach. The film, from Sarah Thorp's unimaginative screenplay, works best when the circus pauses.

But this is a film for its stars. As Butler adds romantic comedies to his action film base, he can be a fresh bit of rugged energy. He remains exceptionally watchable, a quality Aniston shares. But her movie career, launched in earnest after "Friends," continues to pile up forgettable romantic comedies that fall short of her talent.

Divorce has often been excellent fodder for comedies (Cary Grant and Irene Dunne in the superb "The Awful Truth" is the gold standard), but "The Bounty Hunter" has little to offer besides some face-time with handsome stars.

"The Bounty Hunter," a Columbia Pictures release, is rated PG-13 for sexual content including suggestive comments, language and some violence. Running time: 110 minutes. One and a half stars out of four.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?.../e120146D05.DTL

gemini78
view post Posted on 18/3/2010, 15:02

Questa è cattivissima e si vede anche quanto i critici odiano Gerry!

The Bounty Hunter

March 18, 2010

Reviewer Jim Schembri

IF YOU have ever wondered about the cinematic equivalent of fingernails running down a blackboard, here's your answer. In this unfunny, endless rom-com dirge, Gerard Butler (300, The Ugly Truth) is the beefy bounty hunter to Jennifer Aniston's leather-skinned ex-wife and reporter whom he has to take to jail.

A barely comprehensible murder plot complicates their predictable attempts to reconcile. It's not so much the film's formulaic plot that grates but the total lack of chemistry between the lifeless leads.

Butler delivers dialogue as if he has a golf ball in his mouth while Aniston totters about like a robot in a pencil skirt and high heels. She is written by computer and has no comic spark. Awful.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/movies...unter-20100317- qfmu.html

gemini78
view post Posted on 18/3/2010, 22:47

Questa è scritta da una donna... film colpito e disintegrato!!!

'Bounty Hunter,' starring Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler, is synthetic, obvious and misogynistic

Elizabeth Weitzman

Thursday, March 18th 2010, 3:23 PM
Gerard Butler and Jennifer Aniston star in Columbia Pictures' disappointing rom-com 'The Bounty Hunter.'
Handout

There are a lot of people who still want to believe that Jennifer Aniston deserves to be a movie star. But frankly, she’s giving us very little to work with. Somehow, “The Bounty Hunter” is even more disappointing than her last misfire, “Love Happens.” Where that sodden romance was immediately forgettable, this synthetic comedy is instantly grating.

Aniston plays Daily News reporter Nicole Hurley, and as News reporters are wont to do, she spends her days dashing around town in stiletto heels, thigh-grazing skirts, and tank tops so low her bra deserves overtime pay.

She’s about to untangle a police corruption case when a minor accident results in a warrant for her arrest. Her bitter ex-husband, Milo (Gerard Butler), just happens to be a bounty hunter, and can’t wait to turn her in. But since she’s determined to solve her story, his job is harder than he planned.

You’d think Nicole would be outraged at his caveman attitude - when he’s not verbally insulting her, he’s throwing her over his shoulder, handcuffing her to bedposts, and tossing her in his trunk.

But apparently Milo’s obnoxious behavior is actually quite charming, since she’s soon falling for him all over again. Why the audience is supposed to find this bickering couple appealing, however, remains a mystery − the only one in a movie that savors its own predictability.

Director Andy Tennant’s a rom-com pro, but this one’s far closer to his generic “Fool’s Gold” than the still-popular “Sweet Home Alabama.” Aniston tries hard to balance Butler’s abrasiveness, but Tennant encourages his entire cast (including Christine Baranski, Cathy Moriarty and Jeff Garlin) to hit the most obvious marks. Plus, despite the frenetic nature of Sarah Thorp’s script, the pacing is so slack you’ll swear the 110-minute running time lasts three hours.

The truth is that with so little competition at the multiplex, Aniston may have hit on a box-office winner. After all, this movie was manufactured to within an inch of its life, designed to please everyone with a carefully formulated combination of romance, comedy, and action. Maybe next time, though, she could look for a project that’s equally interested in spontaneity, wit and charm.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/m...l#ixzz0iZEA438g

view post Posted on 19/3/2010, 23:48

Group:
Moderatore globale

anche questa recensione è drammatica...il titolo dice tutto,il film è una schifezza,pessimo e stupido

Critics: Jen Aniston's New Movie Is "Dreck, Terrible, Brainless"

Ouch.

The critics have rendered their verdicts on Jennifer Aniston's new flick The Bounty Hunter.

In the romantic comedy/crime caper, Aniston plays a bail-jumping NYC journalist on the run from her bounty hunter ex-husband, played by Gerard Butler.

"Here is a film with no need to exist," charges Roger Ebert in the Chicago Sun-Times. Ebert concedes that Aniston has been "very funny" in past films, "but not in dreck like this. Lacking any degree of character development, it handcuffs her to a plot of exhausted action comedy cliches -- and also to a car door and a bed."

"Yes, it's every bit as brainless as the trailers suggest," the Miami Herald spews. "Skip the nachos. Dialogue like [this] will ensure you won't keep them down for long."

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch calls it "terrible," sniping that Aniston "resorts to sitcom schtick."

The New York Times, meanwhile, dismisses talk of Aniston and rumored fling Butler's supposed chemistry. Onscreen, the couple don't "give the slightest indication that they belong together, except by virtue of having signed contracts to appear in this movie," writes critic A.O. Scott. Their roles are "blunted, dumbed-down caricatures of notional human beings, rather than sharply etched epitomes of human behavior."

www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/ne..._medium=twitter

gra70
view post Posted on 20/3/2010, 12:23

Sta diventando come sparare alla misericordia sulla neve :cry: :cry: :cry:

anche questa è terribile....

‘The Bounty Hunter’ one of the stinkiest stinkers I’ve ever seen

Saturday, 20 March 2010 00:00
I wasn’t expecting much from “The Bounty Hunter,” if for no other reason than both Gerard Butler and Jennifer Aniston rarely star in good movies.

But, wow, I wasn’t expecting it to be quite as bad as it was. “The Bounty Hunter” was a major stinker. Worse, it was putrid. Malodorous. In a word, awful.

The movie follows divorced couple Milo Boyd (Gerard Butler) and Nicole Hurley (Jennifer Aniston). He’s an ex-cop, currently working as a bounty hunter. She’s a high-powered reporter who jumps bond in order to chase a story. He hunts her down and is about to take her in when he gets interested in the story she’s working on, something about dirty cops and drug deals and, oh heck, who cares? It wasn’t very clearly explained, because the filmmakers had to make room for endless scenes of Milo and Nicole hurting each other, both physically and emotionally.

I think they were trying to make them into two people who were putting up a front in order to mask their true feelings for each other, but both people were just nasty, mean and childish. There was another unresolved subplot about Milo’s alcoholism and gambling addiction, but those were dropped like a hot potato in the middle of the movie.

I think it’s particularly disappointing because I know that Gerard Butler and Jennifer Aniston, not to mention Christine Baranski, who has a small role, can do so much better. But, somehow, the whole thing fell ridiculously flat. At least I hoped to see a glimmer of chemistry between Butler and Aniston, considering all the tabloid rumors about them being a couple. Those rumors should soon die out, because I’ve seen more chemistry between two pieces of linoleum. If they’re really a couple, then I feel sorry for them.

And the worst part? This movie is 110 minutes long! I sat through nearly two hours of this dreck. At least if filmmakers were going to hold audiences hostage that long, they could have given us more than a couple of minutes of a shirtless Gerard Butler! That was the highlight, and trust me, it’s not worth it. I saw “The Bounty Hunter” so you don’t have to, and I’m officially warning you - avoid this movie!

Jenny’s Take: See it only if it can’t be avoided.

Rated PG-13 for sexual content including some suggestive comments, language and some violence. Runs 110 minutes.

If Jenny ruined your weekend plans to see “The Bounty Hunter,” pop on over to her blog instead. It’s more entertaining than this movie anyway!

http://www.fwdailynews.com/index.php?optio...iela&Itemid=136

Mamma mia..... :bye: :bye:

Edited by gra70 - 20/3/2010, 13:44

iam.what.iam
view post Posted on 20/3/2010, 13:01

Però ha ragione quando dice :

CITAZIONE
it’s particularly disappointing because I know that Gerard Butler.. can do so much better

ne sono convintissima anch'io...ma proprio nn riesco a capire perchè accetti simili copioni...l'unico motivo che mi venga in mente è il cash!
:(

iam.what.iam
view post Posted on 22/3/2010, 16:11

Classifica dei 10 film peggio recensiti.....indovinate chi c'è al primo posto?? :(

" la top10 dei 10 film peggio recensiti, seguendo ovviamente quanto dice il celebre RottenTomatoes, Bibbia delle recensioni made in Usa. Quale sarà il titolo più brutto di questo inizio 2010? Cliccate su continua per scoprirlo…

10) Una proposta per dire Sì: 20% di recensioni positive, voto medio 4.1
9) Repo Men: 20% di recensioni positive, voto medio 4.1
8) Cop Out: 19% di recensioni positive, voto medio 3.8
7) Legion: 19% di recensioni positive, voto medio 3,7
6) Valentine’s Day: 18% di recensioni positive, voto medio 3.8
5) When in Rome: 17% di recensioni positive, voto medio 3.3
4) Our Family Wedding: 16% di recensioni positive, voto medio 3.7
3) L’acchiappadenti : 15% di recensioni positive, voto medio 3.8
2) The Spy Next Door: 11% di recensioni positive, voto medio 3.5
1) Il Cacciatore di Ex: l’8% di recensioni positive, voto medio 3.2"

http://www.cineblog.it/post/21626/ecco-i-1...nsiti-del-2010/

view post Posted on 22/3/2010, 20:35

Group:
Administrator

Intanto Bounty hunter mantiene le promesse di successo e leggete cosa dicono di Gerry... lo paragonano a due mostri sacri !!!

http://gawker.com/5498982/gerard-butler-is...atural-resource

3) The Bounty Hunter — $21M
Gerard Butler. Is he the modern-day Charlie Chaplin or the modern-day Spencer Tracy? Because he is clearly a comedic genius and a world treasure, and an animate leg of mutton. And that Jennifer Aniston. Talk about star quality! Just different in every role. Never the same emotionally remote, vaguely unfriendly character in every movie. That never happens. So those two dynamos together? Well, it's no wonder why The Bounty Hunter could yet still squeak past Diary of a Wimpy Kid to be the number two movie of a mid-March weekend. The stuff of showbiz legend!

gemini78
view post Posted on 22/3/2010, 21:15

Sono seri?? :huh: :unsure: :unsure: Dicono praticamente tutto il contrario di quello che dicono le altre recensioni!

view post Posted on 22/3/2010, 22:01

Group:
Administrator

evidentemente poggiano sugli esiti di pubblico e non sulla spocchia dei critici: a molti il film è piaciuto:puro divertimento!

gemini78
view post Posted on 1/4/2010, 12:27

Recensione italiana...

Il cacciatore di ex – Recensione

(The Bounty Hunter) Regia: Andy Tennant – Cast: Jennifer Aniston, Gerard Butler, Siobhan Fallon, Jason Sudeikis, Dorian Missick – Genere: Azione, colore – Produzione: USA, 2010 – Distribuzione: Sony Pictures – Data di uscita: 9 aprile 2010

L’eterna guerra tra i sessi torna sul grande schermo in una romantica commedia a due, nella sua versione più moderna e dinamica. Lui è Milo (Gerard Butler), un ex-poliziotto, ora cacciatore di taglie, perennemente alle calcagne dei latitanti; lei è Nicole (Jennifer Aniston), una giornalista del Daily News alla ricerca di uno scoop intrigante, ma pericoloso. Il divertimento ha inizio quando Milo, compiaciuto, riceve l’incarico di portare in carcere Nicole, sua ex-moglie, ricercata per una questione giudiziaria. I due si incontrano/scontrano in un’avventura che li rende prima nemici poi complici, con il rischio che la fiamma del loro amore si riaccenda. Il regista Andy Tennant, che di rapporti tra innamorati sembra ormai essere esperto (“Hitch”), mette così in scena una relazione di amore e odio tra due ex-coniugi, coinvolti in avventure e disavventure e fautori di dispetti e ripicche reciproche. Sebbene il passato sia costellato di commedie sentimentali che, in un mix di generi, si tingono di giallo e diventano road-movie (tra i tanti “Out of Sight” con George Clooney e Jennifer Lopez), questa volta reggono il paragone in modo avvincente e convincente due volti freschi e nuovi. La solare ed attraente Jennifer Aniston, tipica protagonista delle commedie romantiche a partire dalla fiction televisiva “Friends”, riveste i panni di Nicole, donna in carriera, sfoggiando come sempre un fisico in gran forma e cimentandosi in movimentate scene d’azione. Accanto a lei, Gerard Butler, che, già spogliatosi degli abiti da guerriero spartano nella spassosa commedia “La dura verità”, segue il filone dei film rosa con successo. In questo caso il suo fisico resistente e muscoloso è protagonista di sparatorie ed inseguimenti mostrando il sex appeal di cacciatore testardo e caparbio, ma ancora innamorato… un eroe dagli occhi azzurri dal quale tutte le donne vorrebbero essere catturate o salvate. Una frizzante sceneggiatura mantiene alta l’attenzione del pubblico conferendo alla pellicola un buon ritmo, condito dal temperamento grintoso dei dialoghi botta e risposta accompagnati dagli sguardi ammiccanti, a volte ostili, tra i due affascinanti protagonisti. Riuscita la mescolanza tra commedia, romanticismo ed azione dalla quale nascono spontanee tante risate.
Elisa Cuozzo

http://www.ecodelcinema.com/20100401/il-ca...-recensione.htm

view post Posted on 1/4/2010, 12:29

Group:
Administrator

Bè,tutto sommato lo trattano meglio che in America!!!

gemini78
view post Posted on 7/4/2010, 15:46

Il cacciatore di ex

Milo Boyd (Gerard Butler) è un cacciatore di taglie cui viene affidato un incarico speciale: catturare l’ex moglie Nicole Hurly (la Rachel di Friends, Jennifer Aniston), rea di aver saltato un’udienza in cui era stata convocata per aver accidentalmente investito un poliziotto. Nicole è, infatti, una caparbia giornalista, al momento sulle tracce di un omicidio, in cui – per alterne vicende da genere poliziesco – anche il detective Boyd si troverà coinvolto. Ma tra gli ex coniugi c’è ancora chimica, e un’attrazione rimasta intatta, nonostante il livore per una separazione che ha distrutto la vita di Milo. Il rocambolesco inseguimento di Nicole si trasformerà, quindi, in una fuga di entrambi per salvarsi da chi vorrebbe farli fuori a causa dell’inchiesta sull’omicidio. Inevitabile sarà il ritorno di fiamma tra i due che non hanno mai smesso di amarsi e, neanche a dirlo, arriverà immancabile l’happy end.

Opera del regista di “Hitch” e “Tutta colpa dell’amore” Andy Tennant, “Il cacciatore di ex” rientra a pieno titolo nel genere della commedia romantica hollywoodiana, a tratti però sapientemente condita con elementi di azione: non mancano gli inseguimenti tra macchine, la Aniston chiusa nel portabagagli, le manette ai polsi, le sparatorie, le torture in stile interrogatorio…E neppure i momenti comici, non solo tra i due protagonisti: uno su tutti quelli in cui appare la madre di Nicole interpretata da Christine Baranski, un’artista di burlesque che dispensa pillole di pseudo saggezza, vestita di piume di struzzo.

Jennifer Aniston è ormai l’icona di Hollywood per il ruolo della sfortunata in amore (che le calza a pennello) ed è irresistibile nel suo strizzatissimo tailleur da giornalista d’assalto mentre si aggira – senza un capello fuori posto – per le strade di New York e Atlantic City su vertiginosi tacchi dodici. Gerard Butler non è da meno: prestante e romantico al punto giusto, è l’uomo ideale da cui tutte vorremmo essere rapite. Insomma, anche l’attore scozzese è perfetto nella sua parte. Ma, a parte questo – e senza negare che le quasi due ore di pellicola scorrono senza noia – resta ben poco da ricordare del film.

www.taxidrivers.it/7267/in-sala/il-cacciatore-di-ex.html

19 replies since 13/3/2010, 10:45   724 views