Coriolano blog

« Older   Newer »
gemini78
view post Posted on 18/3/2010, 18:42

Un fan e amico di Ralph Fiennes ha aperto un blog dedicato al film e posterà aggiornamenti sulle riprese, con video, foto, interviste e notizie dietro le quinte.

Welcome to the new blog, dedicated to Ralph Fiennes’ directorial debut, Coriolanus. I’m a fan and a friend of Ralph’s and am hugely excited for his film, which is a contemporary version of Shakespeare’s play.

Videos, pictures, interviews, background info, and regular updates will be coming your way from Serbia, where Ralph is starring in and directing the modern-day version of what I think is one of Shakespeare’s most dynamic stories. Shooting starts today, March 17.

Coriolanus is a visceral political thriller featuring devastating rivalries, warring tribes, unbending codes of honor, powerful family bonds, and the toughest warriors imaginable. It is also a parable for our times, reflecting our most urgent political issues, from hubristic generals, manipulative spin-doctors, and guerrilla insurgents to devastating food riots and popular discontent. Coriolanus is a film for today, about today.

I’ll be talking more about the cast and crew in future posts, but Ralph has assembled a stellar team, including Law Abiding Citizen star Gerard Butler, six-time Oscar nominee Vanessa Redgrave, Gladiator and The Aviator screenwriter John Logan, and Hurt Locker Director of Photography Barry Ackroyd.

http://30ninjas.com/blog/blade-of-a-knife-...ws-new-war-film

gra70
view post Posted on 18/3/2010, 19:21

Possiamo proporlo per la santificazione??? :fisch: :fisch: :D :D

gemini78
view post Posted on 28/3/2010, 16:12

Gerard Butler – Tullus Aufidius

“The male rivalry is integral to Coriolanus,” Ralph told me, “and Gerard is perfectly able to deliver that menacing presence.” The same powerful physicality that should serve Butler so well in Coriolanus has helped him become one of the most sought after leading men in Hollywood, quickly cementing his position as an action man extraordinaire. He began his career with roles in Tomorrow Never Dies and Tale of the Mummy, and went on to play the lead role in Attila, the second highest rated US TV movie ever (and no doubt an excellent platform for his role in Coriolanus as another scourge of the Roman Empire, Tullus).
In 2007 Gerard got his breakthrough film role as the Spartan King Leonidas in Warner Bothers’ 300. Again, we can’t embed the best scenes but go here to see an excellent example of 300.

More recently he has stamped his authority on Gamer and Law Abiding Citizen.
---------------------------------------------------------

Dopo aver letto la prima frase sto già schiattando! :caldo: :caldo: :caldo:

http://30ninjas.com/blog/ralph-fiennes-cor...g-cast-and-crew

view post Posted on 28/3/2010, 23:00

He's a lion that I am proud to hunt

Group:
Moderatore globale

:woot: :woot:

view post Posted on 21/4/2010, 10:06

He's a lion that I am proud to hunt

Group:
Moderatore globale

Ralph ha spiegato perchè ha scelto la Serbia per girare ^^

Coriolanus’ Locations — Why Serbia?

Ralph and his team went on numerous reconnaissances during the project’s development stages. They initially considered locations in Romania, Croatia and Bosnia among other countries. Yesterday Ralph told me why Serbia was the best choice:

“Serbia and Belgrade work for us creatively and financially. It’s been a challenging film to raise money for and there were obviously business interests to consider as we wanted to make a film of some scale. The shooting costs in Serbia are comparatively low and we’ve had considerable assistance and support from the Belgrade authorities. A key location, for example, is the Serbian parliament and its main Senate chamber.

But more importantly than that is Serbia’s grittiness – the bruised battered quality of some of the locations. There are great contrasts in Belgrade between weary Austro-Hungarian architecture, the old communist style and early 20th century neo-classicism.”

(Kalemegdan, the impressive and imposing fort in the middle of Belgrade is exemplary of the city’s architectural montage: its walls were fashioned and refashioned by Celts, Romans, Byzantines, Turks, Austro-Hungarians and Slavic peoples.)

Ralph continued:

“All these styles and layers gave me a world that was contemporary but also rich in historical texture. I want people to say: ‘where is that?’ People might think it’s Germany, Russia, Argentina… Belgrade has the weight of a capital. It’s a power city. But it also could be every city.”

And that’s exactly it. That is a large part of what makes Belgrade such a perfect location for a contemporary adaptation of this play. It is steeped in a very unique history and culture but also is representative of the world over. Belgrade functions like Shakespeare’s Rome or his Plantagenet England. It is rich in a real and difficult history but it operates simultaneously as a ‘U-topos’, a ‘no place’, a place in which the artist can speculate or suggest. The U-topos is the Sceptic artist’s favorite location. Shakespeare, as a great Sceptic philosopher, exploited this better than anyone (cf. The Tempest, but also nearly every one of Shakespeare’s plays).

That’s what makes it a great location. It encompasses these two contrasting possibilities.

And the old and the new architecture reflect the story’s action. Coriolanus stages a clash between the modernizing politics of the Tribunes and Coriolanus’ old order elitism. (The rupture between Coriolanus’ outdated code of honour and a rapidly evolving political climate in some way accounts for why the play has been so successfully performed in the Samurai context.) It is a clash that speaks to numerous contexts and that’s why it endures.

http://30ninjas.com/blog/ralph-fiennes-blo...ions-why-serbia

4 replies since 18/3/2010, 18:42   88 views