MGP: news dal set

« Older   Newer »
gemini78
view post Posted on 6/7/2010, 21:39

Da JJ una fans che l'ha incontrato sul set

Now at 2:45
So I got back a little while ago from my mother’s work in Garden City where a filming of a movie went on. I went today because Gerard Butler is starring in the movie. It was pretty cool watching the people set up and work on the movie and then see how they worked.

We sat on the bed of this big truck, me, Greeneyes, and her mom because it was already hot out and the hull of the truck cast a big shadow over us as we sat on it. Greeneyes mother was rather impatient but, strangely, I wasn’t too upset by it. It was a lot like how my mother acted, so I just laughed internally. I got a few pictures of him from afar and then one while we were packed into a peanut gallery off to the side. When he saw us, Gerard Butler said:

“If you talk when he calls action, I will shoot you.” We all laughed, including crew, but he was totally serious. If we made him break character, it would be a lot of trouble for all of us. He later told us that we were very well behaved. It was here that I got this pretty good picture of him. He’s preparing to walk out the doors and the way the light hits him makes for a sweet picture.

Later I asked for a picture and he told me that he didn’t do pictures when he was in costume. I have to admit that I beat myself up the entire way home because I feel as though I should have known that he was busy and that pictures of him in costume were sort of not allowed. To console myself, I went and got some chili and then starbucks. Now I’m just sitting down for a bit before I have to go and hang out at the barn to see how Hope is doing when the vet arrives. I’ll update again later tonight to let you all know how that goes.

Is it lazy to update three times a day when I can just edit the first post? Probably, but I quite enjoy posting so you’re going to have to read through another one of my musings.

Much Love and Peace

Pink Capriccio

gra70
view post Posted on 7/7/2010, 04:17

CITAZIONE
he told me that he didn’t do pictures when he was in costume

:mmm: :mmm:
forse è per questo che non girano foto???

anche se dopo l'esperienza di BH mi pare anche giusto!! :bash: :bash:

CITAZIONE
“If you talk when he calls action, I will shoot you.”

:D :D

view post Posted on 7/7/2010, 09:06

He's a lion that I am proud to hunt

Group:
Moderatore globale

la storia delle foto è strana perchè le ha sempre fatte,anche mentre girava Coriolanus...mah...
CITAZIONE
“If you talk when he calls action, I will shoot you.”

pauuuuuraaaaa :P

mina83
view post Posted on 7/7/2010, 10:20

Sembra strano anche a me per la foto.....comunque penso che, tra non molto, cominceranno a girare alcune foto, come, del resto, per tutti gli altri film.

gemini78
view post Posted on 22/7/2010, 16:37

Un'utente del forum Weirdly Obsessive ha una piccola parte nel film e ha raccontato alcune curiosità (oltre ad aver risposto ad alcune domande su Gerry):

Il bere

They give us fake beverages. Like I had nonalcoholic beer, which I'd rather have had ginger ale since I'm allergic to beer (even fake beer!) and the beer bottles tend to have water in them, etc.

Sul set nelle scene in cui gli attori bevono birra ovviamente non usano vere birre, ma birre analcoliche.

Il fumo

And he does smoke in the movie, but in movies you don't use real cigarettes, you smoke these nasty gross herbal ones. One time he did accidentally get one of the real cigarettes and kept spitting out the taste after the take so he's still not smoking and I think that's great!

Nel film Gerry fuma, ma nei film non si usano sigarette vere, si usano delle sigarette a base di erbe. Una volta, durante le riprese, per sbaglio Gerry ha preso una sigaretta vera e ha continuato a sputare per togliersi il sapore dalla bocca dopo la ripresa. Quindi state tranquille, Gerry non fuma :D

view post Posted on 22/7/2010, 16:39

Group:
Administrator

....non fuma,non beve... è chiaro poi che debba strafare in altre cose :fisch: :fisch:

...i dolci,per esempio :P :P

gemini78
view post Posted on 22/7/2010, 16:59

Verooo :D :rolleyes:

2° parte:

1. Did Gerry do anything to make you feel comfortable or did he just treat you as a fellow acting professional, a peer?

He was very personable and I felt comfortable right away. He really IS just another actor. Just a particularly successful and attractive one. :) He was also very professional.

Gerry ha fatto qualcosa per farti sentire a tuo agio o ti ha semplicemente trattato come una collega?

E' stato molto affascinante e mi sono sentita subito a mio agio. E' davvero solntato un altro attoere. Uno particolarmente di successo e attraente. :) E' stato anche molto professionale.

2. Did you meet him before the scene?

Yes, the first time I met him was in the hair and makeup trailer before our first scene.

L'hai incontrato prima della scena?

Sì, la prima volta l'ho incontrato nella roulotte adibita a sala trucco prima della nostra prima scena.

3. How would you describe his personality on set when acting/in character?

The actor is very charming and personable and attentive. The character is more gruff and very much like any white trash biker I've ever met. :) The actor is well spoken and has a large vocabulary, the character is... well seems less educated, we'll say. Also in hair and makeup, we had a singalong. That's how at-ease he is as a person.

Come descriveresti la sua personalità sul set e quando è nel personaggio?

L'attore è davvero affascinante e premuroso. Il personaggio è più burbero e molto simile ad ogni motociclista tamarro che mi è capitato d'incontrare. L'attore parla bene ed ha un ampio vocabolario, il personaggio è ... bè, sembra meno istruito, diciamo. Nella roulotte abbiamo anche cantato assieme. E' una persona con cui ci si sente molto a proprio agio!

4. What surprised you most about working with Gerry?

I basically expected what I got. He went out of his way to make me feel part of the team, just by not acting any differently toward me than he did toward Michael.

Che cosa ti ha sorpreso di più del lavorare con Gerry?

Mi aspettavo più o meno quello che ho avuto! Ha fatto ciò che poteva per farmi sentire parte della squadra non comportandosi diversamente nei miei confronti rispetto a come si comporta con Michael.

5. Also, did you see Gerry's manager/Evil Twins partner, Alan around?

No, but he did call him at one point. They sounded like brothers with their loving bickering.

Hai visto il suo manager/socio della Evil Twins, Alan nei paraggi?

No, ma gli ha telefonato ad un certo punto. Sembrano fratelli con i loro affettuosi bisticci.

6. And, did Gerry seem comfortable it this role? (fingers crossed!)

Yes! He definitely had a different 'feel' to him in character than out and the transition was a smooth, easy one for him.

E Gerry sembrava a suo agio in questo ruolo? (dita incrociate)

Sì! C'è davvero qualcosa di diverso in lui quando è il personaggio rispetto a quando non lo è e la transizione è stata facile per lui.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

E qui racconta la scena che ha girato con Gerry:

The first scene had me basically being background, like an extra, hanging out in the bar to establish I'm a regular. The second scene had me sitting at the table with both actors. Now THAT was funny. I wish they had put mics on us earlier because they missed some potential epic blooper material with our attempts at conversation. I also love how he kept screaming CRAZYHORSE at random times. Michael Shannon is HILARIOUS. He has this dry, deadpan delivery but is incredibly smart and witty. Very nice man, too. He made me feel very comfortable in falling into the role of being old friends.

Anyway, Marc told me to just drop some lines in whenever it felt normal to do so. The first take of it, I didn't want to step on their lines (since I don't have them memorized) so I was more quiet. He told me to just feel free to jump in, so after that, I did. It's a scene were we haven't seen Sam in a while so we're surprised and happy to see him and we jump up to hug him. A few takes I got a kiss on the cheek, sometimes I got a kiss on the lips. It was very chaste and not hot and heavy, but it felt entirely comfortable. I've done kissing scenes before with complete strangers and this was strangely more comfortable from the get-go.

And for as nervous as I was beforehand, like I knew would happen, the second the cameras went on, I didn't feel nervous anymore. It really was just like any other role in any other movie I've had. This one just happened to have an actor I really like.

E' una scena in cui non abbiamo visto Sam per un po' così siamo sorpresi e contenti di vederlo e corriamo ad abbracciarlo. Dopo alcuni ciak avevo avuto un bacio sulla guacia, qualche volta un bacio sulle labbra. Era molto casto e non focoso, ma mi sono sentita completamente a mio agio. Avevo già fatto scen del genere in passato con perfetti sconosciuti e questo era stranamente più confortevole.

Edited by gemini78 - 22/7/2010, 18:37

gra70
view post Posted on 22/7/2010, 18:45

:wub: :wub:

CITAZIONE
And he does smoke in the movie, but in movies you don't use real cigarettes, you smoke these nasty gross herbal ones.

ed ecco spiegata l'atmosfera rilassata sul set!!! :P :P :P

gemini78
view post Posted on 22/7/2010, 19:23

CITAZIONE (gra70 @ 22/7/2010, 19:45)
CITAZIONE
And he does smoke in the movie, but in movies you don't use real cigarettes, you smoke these nasty gross herbal ones.

ed ecco spiegata l'atmosfera rilassata sul set!!! :P :P :P

Ah ecco, non ci avevo pensato :eheh: :eheh:

gemini78
view post Posted on 27/7/2010, 22:36

L'attrice che frequenta il forum delle Weirdly Obsessed ha parlato della sua scena con Gerry!

Ate in the holding area with the crew who were there, then had to get to hair and makeup. Ran back and changed into my shirt for wardrobe so they could do my tattoos and went into the trailer for that stuff and got it done. Afterward, they were going to send some guys from props over to train me in using the needles and how to do drugs.

We went into my trailer and went over the process a few times. We had one real needle and two prop needles with retractable sharps on them, which I made sure to tell my friend Bill who was on set that day who kept leaving me messages telling me I'm going to mess up and be known as the woman who killed Gerard Butler.

After a while, I felt more comfortable with the process and was getting a bit better at the whole thing. Then we had to go to Gerry's trailer to practice and of course he's got 21938478324 billion questions about it because he really wants to understand the entire scene. He's one of those actors who really does look at all angles and stuff. So we changed it up a bit, like instead of me putting the arm band on him and tightening it, he'd do it, and since it was taking so long to 'cook' the stuff in the spoon we'd just start with it already done. Oh and when we had started, we were trying to figure out what vein would be best to use. He made some jokes about 'they're all very good veins to use, such manly veins and such huge biceps' or something and I deadpan replied 'Yeah, I have that problem too. Such huge biceps and manly veins, I can't pick what one to use' or something. It was very silly. He was cracking me up.

We practiced for a while and got it down pretty good. I was getting really good at loading a needle up with one hand, lemme tell ya!

Eventually I changed into the rest of my wardrobe, including the boots that take 20 mins just to get on!, and we went over to set. This is where Dianne was looked at to be my stand-in. We talked outside for a bit and then I had to go in. The guys from props and I worked with one of the other crew to practice some more. I'm supposed to be very very very good at this whole process so it had to look smooth.

Then they called us into the bathroom. omg. Tiny. Oh so tiny. I'm having to stand in such an uncomfortable way, crouched down about a foot and a half, my left foot braced against the post that holds the bathroom stall wall into the ground and my right knee (the bad one) is shaking from the pressure but at least it didn't hurt. I figured I had a while before it'd start hurting.

They had to bring someone in with 'dulling spray' for the mirrors. Basically it makes them look steamy and dirty. This stuff is toxic. omg. It might be part of why my head hurts today, though I think it's more the lack of caffeine for a couple days that's doing it. :)

We did it quite a few times, then decided to change the angle so we stepped out into the bar. I did finally see my stand-in! She was very excited to be there, so that was cool. I talked to the bar's owner and his girlfriend and a couple of their friends who were allowed in to watch the filming. He came over and asked what we were doing because it looked like we were doing drugs and I laughed and said that yeah, we're doing meth. He looked shocked and I said 'You know it's not REAL, right?' and he laughed and said yeah, but he just wasn't used to seeing people at tables in the place doing drugs openly. It was kinda funny.

Went back in, new angle for the camera. Less room for Misty to move! Start the shot with a close-up on my hands and the needle. Of course the first take we do, I can't get the bit of cotton off the end of the needle no matter how hard I try. It was almost comical. And of course this is after I was telling Marc (the director) and Gerry how awesome I am at doing this now. Yeah, shut up Misty. lol.

At one point I had started using my thumb to run over the vein in his arm before sticking the needle into it. It just felt more natural that I'd scope out the spot before jabbing into it. It did make the whole thing seem to flow better, plus I'm not exactly going to complain about having to run my thumb over a spot on the arm of a very attractive man. :)

So we did it a few more times. And he does get himself pumped up before takes. One time, we're about to do the shot and he slams his fist into the side of the bathroom stall wall really hard. It echoed and we all jumped and I nearly dropped the spoon. Then he glanced at me with this look like he's gonna go on some sort of rampage in ten seconds if I don't get the drugs into him soon. I'm sure it's very newbie actor of me, but I'm kinda glad he trusted I could take that look and just bring more into the scene. I dunno, sounds silly.

So we did it a bunch more, then we were all wrapped. YAY!

I went outside and a friend of mine was out in the crowd wanting to say hi to me so I talked to her for a minute and a guy came up and asked for my picture. I wanted to say 'You know I'm a nobody, right?!' but I took a picture with his girlfriend and they were really nice. I walked back across the street to my trailer and got changed really fast, packed my stuff up. I wanted to get a few more people to sign my husband's birthday card, plus I had a t-shirt for Frank in wardrobe and one for Gerry. Oh, earlier in his trailer I mentioned I had a t-shirt for him and it was a gift from my roller derby team and he thought that was cool. I said I had it at my trailer though so would have to give it to him later. And then the two props guys and I were talking about the birthday card (they'd both signed it, it was at my trailer) and he asked me about it so I told him I had a birthday card for my husband.

So while delivering things and finding my friends on crew to get them to sign the card, I found out that Frank is in Africa already and his assistant is gonna mail the shirt out to him (wow I did NOT mean to be high maintenance about it! EEK!) and then we saw Gerry getting into his van. The head of basecamp was with me and she radioed for them to not leave yet, that Gerry forgot something. So we walked over to his van and he put the window down and I handed him the shirt. He laughed and said thanks and I asked if he wanted to sign the birthday card and he goes 'What birthday card?' and I said 'The one we were talking about in your trailer...' and kinda felt dumb because of course he wouldn't remember. And he goes 'Oh yeah, I'll sign it!' so I handed it to him and in HUGE LETTERS at the top I had written HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHRIS and he goes 'So what's your husband's name?' as he's signing right UNDER the happy birthday, Chris line. I thought that was funny. Then he gave me a hug and kiss on the cheek through the window and headed out.

mina83
view post Posted on 28/7/2010, 08:55

In poche parole cosa dice? :P

view post Posted on 29/7/2010, 17:16

Group:
Administrator

Vi ricordate la ragazzina delle foto con Gerry?
In questo articolo ne sappiamo di più:ha solo 7 anni e una voce bellissima,così canterà Amazing grace nel film MGP..

http://en.terra.com/music/news/rhema_marva...sation/oci36486

gemini78
view post Posted on 29/7/2010, 17:37

Io compatisco questa povera bambina che va a fare concerti ovunque per il mondo perchè il padre ritiene che sia la sua missione per far felice Dio, anche se pare che lei sia contenta perchè canta per la sua mamma che è morta due anni fa!

gra70
view post Posted on 1/8/2010, 17:47

La ragazza delle Weirdly che fa fatto la comparsa ha raccontato del party di termine riprese di ieri sera con tutto il cast di MGP:

So yesterday I was in the checkout line at the store and my phone rang. Usually if I don't know the number I'll let it go to voice mail if I'm busy or in a busy place like I was, but for some reason I answered it this time. It was one of the guys from MGP telling me that they were having a wrap party that night from 10-2 AM and where it was. I finished checking out and was driving home before it hit me! It's weird because it was at a bar I've been to in an area where I hang out all the time. So that was cool.

My sister was my hot date for the night since my husband had already had plans with a friend of his who had been out of town for several weeks and just got home and he didn't want to stand his buddy up (though I'm SURE he would have understood!). So my sister went with me. We got there around 10:10. Yes, we were fashionably on time instead of fashionably late, but all the stuff we did beforehand (like going to eat) took way less time than we thought!

Speaking of... the food. omg. Free food and there was a ton and it was ALL SO GOOD. Or at least that's what everyone said and I've had the food there before so I knew it wasn't bad. I'd already eaten though so I wasn't hungry. Plus an open bar. It's odd, though. When I can drink for free, I tend to not really drink. I had one drink and kept sucking down water the rest of the night.

Anyway, at first I didn't really know anyone there. There were some people from set who I'd seen before but didn't know, so I kinda hung out with my sister and talked and wandered around a bit. Eventually more and more people I knew showed up. The awesome makeup guys, the woman who did my hair, the head of basecamp who I adore, Gerry's dialect coach Jerome (with his SUPER adorable girlfriend/wife and omg are they so cute together!), my friend Judy who played the employment office worker, etc. And yes, Gerry and Marc were both there, as was the real Sam Childers, who looks nothing like Gerry but man does Sam have a real presence to him. They have that in common!

On a side note, Marc introduced me to his girlfriend and she was totally cute and sweet. So he was talking to her and was saying how Michael Shannon is an amazing actor and I'm all 'Yes, I agree totally, he's pretty awesome' and stuff and he starts telling her how in the one scene it's me and him sitting at a table and each take we had to improv and how Michael would just come up with this stuff and I'd roll with it and he was telling her how great of a job I did with it. I dunno if he really MEANT meant it, but hearing him say it made my night. He's SUCH a great guy.

But the highlight of the night may have been that I got my weekly fix of karaoke! I unfortunately left before Gerry sang. I left around 12:45ish and the party went until 2 AM. I was tired and had to go get my husband from his buddy's, then it was about a 45 minute drive home for us so I ended up getting home just after 2 AM as it was. I did sing one song! I sang Paradise City by GnR. Later on when I was getting ready to leave and finally went to talk to Gerry (he had people around him ALL NIGHT LONG so I didn't want to interrupt but my sister BEGGED me to introduce them and see if he'd take a picture with her so I couldn't say no!).

He was standing in a corner talking to some kids who were playing a game of foosball (not sure whose kids they were) and some adults and he looked up and saw me and waved. I smiled, waved back, we waited a bit then finally we had enough room to go up to him. He hugged me, said hi and that it was nice to see me. I said hi and introduced him to my sister who I thought was going to implode with glee or something. I said I was getting ready to leave and I just wanted to say hi before I left. My sister asked him for a picture so I took one (well two, one was blurry) and then she asked if we could get one of the three of us and grabbed some random guy to take it. It came out blurry but I don't really care. So we talked for a few, then I went to the valet people and got my car which was like a 30 minute process! Stood outside waiting and talking to some of the other crew I knew. My sister had driven herself so she ended up staying and I kept teasing her that she'd have to tell them she was me if they asked her name since there was a list and she was my +1. I think by then they relaxed it a bit though. But we went in and they were really strict about making sure you were on the list!

My sister texted me later saying I'd just missed him going up to sing. I dunno what he sang or not, she didn't text me after that and I haven't talked to her yet.

So that was the wrap party!

:wub: :wub:

view post Posted on 1/8/2010, 18:02

Group:
Administrator

..sta tipa mi pare un tantino sfigata... o mi sbaglio???

15 replies since 6/7/2010, 21:39   1053 views