Playing for keeps - articoli e interviste

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 20/12/2010, 15:34

He's a lion that I am proud to hunt

Group:
Administrator

Posto questo trafiletto che commenta il futuro progetto di Gerry,augurandosi che al fianco dell'attore non vi siano nè la Heighl,nè la Swank,nè tantomeno la Aniston... così sarà un buon film!!! ;)

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertain...-the-field.html

He has finished his work on the noble-intentioned “Machine Gun Preacher,” based on biker-preacher Sam Childers’ exploits. Up soon for ‘300′ star Gerard Butler is another comedy, this one about a retired soccer star who tries to reconnect with the ex and their kid by coaching the kids’ soccer team.

Will he be a one-time womanizer ex-jock? Bet on it. Will it be cute and sweet? Let’s hope so.

“Playing the Field,” it’s to be called. It’ll be fine. So long as Jennifer Aniston and Hilary Swank and Katherine Heigl are no where near it. Unless, of course, Gerry’s bad-movies with those co-stars were more HIS fault.

view post Posted on 21/12/2010, 14:34

Group:
Moderatore globale

devo dire che concordo...speriamo bene!

Mina*
view post Posted on 21/12/2010, 18:25

Perchè cos'hanno contro Hilary Swank? Per me è un bravissima attrice, in più a vinto due premi Oscar......non credo che gliali abbiano dati a caso.
Posso capire la Aniston che è pessima........ma anche la Heighl non è male come attrice.

gra70
view post Posted on 9/1/2011, 09:49

Altro articolo sull'oramai prossimo Playing the Field/Slide :

http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/baseball-...-gerard-butler/

It looks like an attempt at such a film might be on the way as 24 Frames reports a Little League-based movie called Slide will be reconfigured to take place in the world of soccer with Gerard Butler playing a dad with a dubious past brought in to coach his son's team.

Screenwriter Robbie Fox, who wrote a few classic 90's comedies like So I Married an Axe Murderer and In the Army Now, penned the original screenplay, while director Gabriele Muccino (Pursuit of Happyness, Seven Pounds) is interested in directing. The movie is mostly a comedy which focuses on a troubled father trying to make up for lost time by coaching his son's team who finds himself in hot water after some of the local mothers take a little too much of a shine to him. The project doesn't yet have a studio attached, but the switch from baseball to soccer is expected to help move it along nicely (and it will probably change its title).

Le premesse sembrano farne una commedia carina, poi personalmente adoro i film di Muccino, speriamo solo che non si tramuti in un altro Bounty Hunter... :cry: :cry: :cry:

gemini78
view post Posted on 9/1/2011, 13:33

Se devo dirla proprio tutta sa un po' di già visto...

Mina*
view post Posted on 9/1/2011, 17:27

CITAZIONE (gemini78 @ 9/1/2011, 13:33) 
Se devo dirla proprio tutta sa un po' di già visto...

Concordo. E poi, scusate se ve lo dico, ma a me Muccino non piace. Ho visto un paio di film, ma non è che siano un granchè. Comunque aspetterò di vedere questo.

iam.what.iam
view post Posted on 10/1/2011, 14:09

CITAZIONE
E poi, scusate se ve lo dico, ma a me Muccino non piace

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

valeriaw468
view post Posted on 10/1/2011, 15:13

allora sarò l'unica voce fuori dal coro......... io adoro Muccinooooo!!!! Dal "l'ultimo bacio" fino a '7 anime ( :cry: )' nn mi ha mai deluso...
Per la trama invece, si, sembra banale ma se pensiamo alla trama de 'l'ultimo bacio' in fondo è stupida ma diventa un film intenso grazie alla recitazione grandiosa della Mezzogiorno e di Accorsi....
Quindi caro Gerry con Muccino dovrai tirar fuori le p****!! :sparta:
:alè: :alè:

view post Posted on 10/1/2011, 15:22

Group:
Administrator

..in effetti è quello che penso anch'io...dove la trama è esile,un grande attore può fare la differenza...

view post Posted on 10/1/2011, 18:40

Group:
Moderatore globale

A me Muccino piace e non piace,vado a momenti...la trama in effetti è quella che è,ma io spero che ci stupiranno,tutti e due
CITAZIONE
Quindi caro Gerry con Muccino dovrai tirar fuori le p****!! :sparta:

concordo!! :alè: :alè: :alè:

valeriaw468
view post Posted on 1/3/2011, 17:27

Gerard Butler talks about seducing soccer moms (for a movie)

Somehow, I missed that my husband Gerard Butler was also at the Vanity Fair post-Oscar party on Sunday. How did that happen?!? Anyway, this is just a little reminder, for those Butler-holics amongst us: Gerard is still around. And still hot. Why the hell didn’t he get to present something at the Oscars. Here’s my take: the Oscar viewership is mostly women. So give us what we want - the biggest fashion girls around, and all of the hot guys you can gather up. That means Gerard, Clive Owen, Michael Fassbender, Jon Hamm and Ewan McGregor all get lifetime passes to present at the Oscars. Because why not? I’m tired of trying to get excited about Matthew McConaughey and Jake Gyllenhaal.

Page Six also had this little behind-the-scenes story about my husband:

Gerard Butler was once again in his usual charming form at the Vanity Fair party. The handsome Scottish actor hung out with action star Jason Statham and his Victoria’s Secret model girlfriend, Rosie Huntington-Whitely. Butler told us he was about to start shooting his new movie, “Playing the Field,” with Uma Thurman and Jessica Biel. He joked, “I play a former athlete who coaches his son’s soccer team and gets distracted by the soccer moms — so it’s going to be a challenging role for me.”

Yes, I read about that movie last week - Gerard is the lead, and “soccer moms” like Uma Thurman and Jessica Biel are trying to get into his pants. God, I hope his character ends up with Uma and not Jessica. I just can’t see that Gerard and Jessica would have any chemistry together… but Gerry has surprised me before. He managed to have chemistry with Dame Heigl in that terrible movie they did together, and from what I know, he’s like her only male costar that didn’t out-right hate her. So Gerard definitely has a way with his female costars. Still, I would prefer him and Uma.

http://www.celebitchy.com/143565/gerard_bu..._medium=twitter

view post Posted on 1/3/2011, 19:20

Group:
Moderatore globale

CITAZIONE
I hope his character ends up with Uma and not Jessica.

anch'io :mmm:

valeriaw468
view post Posted on 5/4/2011, 20:09

Gerard Butler begins playing the field

There hasn't been a good soccer-based movie in a long time -- you have to go back to "Bend It Like Beckham" in 2003, if not before. But Gerard Butler will try to change that.

The Scottish actor (and Celtic fan) this week began shooting "Playing the Field," a story about soccer, the suburbs and sexual attraction. The sport will serve as a backdrop for what is a kind of "Shampoo" set amid American manicured lawns.

The project has a transatlantic feel -- Butler and Jessica Biel play an estranged couple, with the cast also including Judy Greer and Catherine Zeta-Jones, who 24 Frames has learned have recently signed on, joining Dennis Quaid and Uma Thurman.

Italian director Gabriele Muccino ("The Pursuit of Happyness," the original Italian-language "Last Kiss") is behind the camera; in addition to Butler, Alan Siegel, Jonathan Mostow, Heidi Jo Markel and Kevin Misher are producing.

According to a person familiar with the production who was not authorized to speak about it publicly, Stuart Blumberg, the "Kids Are All Right" co-writer who garnered an Oscar nomination for penning the family dramedy, recently came on to write a new draft of Rob Fox's script.

Originally conceived as a Little League story (title: "Confessions of a Little League Coach") the project has morphed into a tale about footy. Basically, it involves an accomplished, Beckham-like pro (Butler) who after living a playboy life throughout Europe returns to his estranged American wife and child to try to reconcile with them. He begins coaching youth soccer to show his commitment.

But things get sticky when a number of the local women take a shine to him, including characters played by Thurman (Quaid's wife), Zeta Jones (a vixen newscaster) and Greer (a hot-and-bothered housewife). The comedy has distribution around the world and will be seeking a U.S. home.

With the MLS season underway and Champions League play hitting the quarterfinals, thoughts (for some) turn to soccer. And, perhaps, to soccer movies.

--Steven Zeitchik

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/201...ma-thurman.html

gemini78
view post Posted on 5/4/2011, 20:41

Proprio un sacco di stars!

gra70
view post Posted on 6/4/2011, 08:13

Intervista su Repubblica.it a Gabriele Muccino ( :cheeerleaders: ) su Playing the Field con news anche sulla trama...

===============================================
Il regista romano ha appena iniziato in Louisiana il suo terzo film negli Stati Uniti, "Playing the Field". Una commedia che ha come protagonisti Gerard Butler, anche produttore, Uma Thurman e Jessica Biel. "Con la crisi i produttori sono molto più cauti e c'è diffidenza verso i registi europei"

ROMA - Gabriele Muccino alla scoperta dell'America profonda. Il regista romano ha cominciato lunedì scorso le riprese di Playing the field a Shreveport, città al nord della Louisiana, non lontana dai confini del Texas. Dopo La ricerca della felicità e Sette anime, entrambi prodotti e interpretati da Will Smith, Playing the field è il suo terzo film negli Usa, anch'esso prodotto e interpretato da un attore, Gerard Butler, che, considerato tra i più irresistibili dei sex symbol, ha scatenato la fantasia pettegola di Hollywood su un fulminante flirt (già smentito) con Jessica Biel, nel cast con Uma Thurman, Dennis Quaid, Catherine Zeta Jones.

Un cast eccellente che "non è stato difficile mettere insieme, hanno tutti aderito alla prima lettura della sceneggiatura. Playing the field è una commedia, sia pure con elementi personali, che possono toccare altre corde. Tutto è partito da Gerard Butler, ha trovato una schiera di produttori che hanno creduto nel film e ho scelto di salire su questo treno, mi sembra il più giusto a questo punto della mia vita. Ho fatto film drammatici, anche personali, ma penso che in questo momento abbiamo tutti bisogno di leggerezza come del pane dopo la guerra", dice Muccino al telefono da Shreveport.

Chi è il protagonista?
"Un ex calciatore scozzese( :cheeerleaders: niente più accenti americani :cheeerleaders: ) che ha giocato in grandi squadre europee, ha avuto successo, fama, denaro, donne, ma la sua carriera è stata breve ed è finito in una modesta
squadra della provincia americana, poi ha sprecato la sua vita, ha divorziato dalla moglie, ha lasciato il figlio. Il rapporto con il bambino è un punto centrale del film, è per cercare di recuperarlo che ritorna nella cittadina".

Lei ama il calcio?
"Non sono mai stato un grande appassionato e questo non è un film sul calcio, ma sugli intrecci umani che si amplificano intorno al campo dove il protagonista, tornato senza arte né parte, si presta ad allenare i bambini della scuola di suo figlio di nove anni. Il calcio è poco più di un pretesto per raccontare la comunità di questa cittadina al centro dell'America, dove regnano la noia e la chirurgia plastica. Il protagonista diventa la novità, gli cascano addosso donne annoiate, tradite, disperate che cercano in lui una compensazione, una rivincita, complicando le sue buone intenzioni, la voglia di crescere, di tornare a casa, di ritrovare la famiglia".
( mica sceme....avercelo un coach così... :mmm: )

[....]

Chi sono i personaggi femminili del film?

"Jessica Biel è la moglie, Uma Thurman interpreta la moglie di un uomo ricco, potente, arrogante, infedele - Dennis Quaid - una donna infelice in cerca di una rivalsa nella vita. Catherine Zeta Jones è un'ex giornalista sportiva, produttrice televisiva, che cercherà di aiutare il protagonista a trovare un lavoro di cronista".

===============================================
www.repubblica.it/persone/2011/04/0...vista-14559456/

Finalmente abbiamo le news prima delle americane...tiè :P :P

92 replies since 20/12/2010, 15:34   1370 views