Movie 43 - articoli e interviste

« Older   Newer »
gemini78
view post Posted on 1/10/2012, 15:18

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/10/01/movi...y-kate-winslet/

'Movie 43' co-director Peter Farrelly praises comedic Kate Winslet, Naomi Watts -- EXCLUSIVE

Peter Farrelly has never turned up his nose at total silliness, directing such raunchy comedies such as There’s Something About Mary and Dumb and Dumber with his brother Bobby. But collaborating as one of a dozen directors on the upcoming ensemble comedy Movie 43 had its own unique perks, not the least of which was getting to see a slew of A-list stars such as Naomi Watts and Kate Winslet let loose.
The movie, set to release Jan. 25, 2013, has a cast and story as celebrity-steeped and plot-twisty as a Robert Altman film crossed with the shameless spunkiness of Jackass. In addition to Watts and Winslet, it includes appearances by: Elizabeth Banks, Halle Berry, Kate Bosworth, Gerard Butler, Kieran Culkin, Josh Duhamel, Anna Faris, Chris Pratt, Richard Gere, Terrence Howard, Hugh Jackman, Johnny Knoxville, Chloe Moretz, Justin Long, Leslie Bibb, Liev Schreiber, Seann William Scott, Emma Stone, Jason Sudeikis, and Uma Thurman. Whoosh, that’s a mouthful. With all those actors, more than 15 writers, and several directors, including Farrelly and actress Banks herself, the movie took several years to make.
“It’s the brainchild of Charlie Wessler, who produced most of our movies. Never before have such huge actors pushed the envelope so much,” said Farrelly by phone. “Charlie knows all these people. He went to them, huge stars, like Kate Winslet, and she said, ‘I’m shooting this movie, I’m not free for a year and a half.’ This movie was made over four years, and they just had to wait for a year or two years for different actors. They would shoot for a week, and shut down for several months. Same thing with the directors. It was the type of movie you could come back to.”
While there’s a major plot line that Farrelly won’t yet reveal, what we can share is that all the actors, such as dramatic movie queens Watts and Winslet, abandoned themselves to pure comedy in varying, divergent story lines with an R-rated slant. Watts flashes some 1980s flair as a borderline psycho mom, alongside her real-life love Liev Schreiber, as parents who homeschool their son, played by Shameless co-star Jeremy Allen White, but completely subject him to school bullying (a bratty Watts with a teenage side ponytail, priceless). Winslet goes on a blind date with Hugh Jackman and learns he has a weird birth defect. Freak-outs ensue. Terrence Howard coaches a 1950s all-black basketball team, giving the players pieces of advice definitely not considered PC. Halle Berry, looking as model gorgeous as ever, goes against type by playing a saucy game of truth or dare in a restaurant with erstwhile Ricky Gervais collaborator Stephen Merchant. Two words: turkey baster.
Farrelly, who directed the parts of the movie with Berry and Winslet, joked about reactions to a serious Oscar winner such as Winslet doing a 180, with perfect comic timing.
“I spoke at Harvard last year with my brother Bobby. People always ask if we’re going to do a dramatic movie, so we said we just did, with Kate Winslet, and told them, ‘Let’s show a little clip,’” said Farrelly. “People were so stunned. I don’t think an audience at Harvard has ever laughed that hard. There’s the fact that Kate Winslet had the balls to just go for it.”
As for recently Tweeting about writing a sequel to the Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels 1994 hit Dumb and Dumber, Farrelly confirmed that the script was coming along.
“We’re finishing the script right now, and we’re moving ahead as if it’s happening,” said Farrelly. “I’m extremely happy about it. Nothing is firm yet, but we’re extremely happy.”

gemini78
view post Posted on 4/10/2012, 11:23

Altro articolo sul film che racconta un po' le scene che vediamo nel trailer

What a wee little leprechaun! Shrunken Gerard Butler is unrecognisable as he dons a bushy beard to play an Irish fairy in his new comedy Movie 43

He is known for his statuesque 6'2 frame.

But Gerard Butler is completely unrecgonisable as he is shrunken to dwarf size and dons a bushy beard to play a Leprechaun in his new comedy, Movie 43.

The 42-year-old RocknRolla star transforms into the fantasy figure, a type of fairy in his native Irish folklore.

In the movie, Butler's tiny character has been captured by Jackass star Johnny Knoxville, as a gift for his best friend, played by American Pie's Seann William Scott.
Tied up with a gag in his mouth, Knoxville excitedly presents him to Scott.
'Surprise! I caught you a Leprechaun,' he exclaims.

As Knoxville removes the gag, Butler proceeds to headbutt him in the face, all whilst screaming at the pair: 'I am going to cut off your b**** and feed them to you.'
Movie 43 features 25 comedy vignette directed by the likes of Patrik Forsberg and Peter Farrelly.
It is also co-directed by Elizabeth Banks, Steven Brill, Steve Carr, Rusty Cundieff, James Duffy, Griffin Dunne, James Gunn, Bob Odenkirk and Brett Ratner.

And while there is a star-studded director's list, the cast is like a roll call of the who's who of Hollywood.
The movie also features two real-life husband and wife couples, including Liev Schrieber and Naomi Watts.
Naomi and Liev, who previously starred in the 2006 drama The Painted Veil together, appear as a couple who humiliate and bully their home-schooled son in order to grant him the 'full high school experience.'

In one scene, their son is seen arriving at a party to find his father (Schrieber) nestling his face into the girl he asked out at school's breasts, while his mother (Watts) refuses him entry into the house.
Anna Faris and Chris Pratt, who met on the set of their 2007 film Take Me Home Tonight, play a couple who are about to get engaged.
As Pratt is about to propose to Faris with a diamond ring at a romantic picnic, the occasion takes an unexpected turn.

Movie 43's vignettes are made up to look like a movie montage.
Another scene shows actress Halle Berry being dared to blow out a blind boy's birthday candles.
In a un-PC move, she accepts that dare and blows them out before the poor little boy has a chance to.

Meanwhile, Terrence Howard stars as a basketball coach who eggs on his team to win, and Emma Stone plays a STD-infected store clerk.
And the outrageous antics don't stop there.
Richard Gere plays a CEO of an innovative company, who is launching a new product featuring a bare-breasted lady, while actress Kate Bosworth plays one of his young enthusiastic employees.

Kate Winslet and Hugh Jackman meanwhile appear as a couple who are on a date which goes horribly wrong when they start vomiting.
Movie 43 was filmed over four years, and the cast also includes Kristen Bell, Jason Sudeikis, Leslie Bibb, Bobby Cannavale, Kieran Culkin, Josh Duhamel, John Hodgman, Justin Long, Stephen Merchant, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Chloë Grace Moretz, and Uma Thurman.
Farrelly, who directed Kate Winslet and Naomi Watts in the film, was overjoyed that the actresses, known for their award-winning dramas such as The Reader and 21 Grams, would take on such daring roles.

'I spoke at Harvard last year with my brother Bobby (Farrelly). People always ask if we’re going to do a dramatic movie, so we said we just did, with Kate Winslet, and told them, "Let’s show a little clip,"' he told Entertainment Weekly
'People were so stunned. I don’t think an audience at Harvard has ever laughed that hard. There’s the fact that Kate Winslet had the balls to just go for it.'

Meanwhile, Kristen Bell has described her segment alongside Thurman, Sudekis and Long in the film to Indie Wire.
'It’s all the characters from Gotham City,' said Bell.
'I play Supergirl and it’s about Batman and Robin and Lois Lane and it’s Gotham City speed dating. Uma Thurman plays Lois Lane and Justin Long plays Robin and Sudeikis plays Batman.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...o=feeds-newsxml

view post Posted on 13/1/2013, 17:03

He's a lion that I am proud to hunt

Group:
Administrator

In questo articolo apparso su una testata irlandese,dove si rievoca l'incidente che Gerry ebbe girando Shuttered, due battute di gerry sul film Movie 43:

http://www.irishcentral.com/story/ent/amya...-186685571.html

Now he’s getting a chance to put things right – kinda – by playing a crazy leprechaun in the upcoming film Movie 43, an ensemble comedy spoof which is due on January 25.

"Well I sounded like a leprechaun in P.S., why not give it a go for real," Butler says.

"That was literally one day on set and I keep forgetting that I did that film, but I can't wait for the reaction. It's either going to be a triumph or a disaster."

view post Posted on 13/1/2013, 20:32

He's a lion that I am proud to hunt

Group:
Moderatore globale

CITAZIONE
I keep forgetting that I did that film

anche noi(vorremmo)... :lol:

3 replies since 1/10/2012, 15:18   147 views