Olympus has fallen - articoli e interviste

« Older   Newer »
gemini78
view post Posted on 30/10/2012, 12:58

In questo articolo si parla del film di Gerry e dell'altro film "White House down" che praticamente hanno la stessa trama. Il favorito, secondo l'articolo, sarebbe il secondo, perchè è diretto da Roland Emmerich, ha un buon sceneggiatore, James Vanderbilt e anche un cast migliore...
La cosa positiva è che il film di Gerry esce prima.

FilmDistrict Pick Up Gerard Butler White House Actioner 'Olympus Has Fallen,' Set For April 5th, 2013

Every year has its own equivalent to the duelling volcano/asteroid/Truman Capote movies -- two films greenlit independently focusing on the same subject matter, and whose fates end up inextricably tied together. 2012 has seen two such square-offs; the Battle of the Snow Whites, with "Snow White and the Huntsman" vanquishing "Mirror Mirror" at the box office, and the Duel Of The Prosthetic Jowls, with HBO biopic "The Girl" taking on the same central character as the upcoming "Hitchcock." And for our 2013 face off, it looks like we're getting... "Die Hard" in the White House movies.

Yes, that's right, two identically-premised films about terrorist take-overs of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. In the blue corner, the early favorite is "White House Down," directed by explosion maestro Roland Emmerich, scripted by "Zodiac" writer James Vanderbilt, and starring man of the moment Channing Tatum, alongside Jamie Foxx (as the president), Maggie Gyllenhaal, James Woods, Richard Jenkins, Lance Hendrick and Jason Clarke. And in the red, underdog "Olympus Has Fallen," from director Antoine Fuqua, starring perpetual nearly-man Gerard Butler toplining a cast that also includes Aaron Eckhart (as the commander in chief), Morgan Freeman, Melissa Leo, Ashley Judd, Cole Hauser, Radha Mitchell and Dylan McDermott.

The former has the bigger budget, a more reliable leading man, and, perhaps crucially, the word 'White House' in the title, which stops it from sounding like a "Clash Of The Titans" knock-off. The latter arguably has the more impressive supporting cast, but a less financially reliable director and toplining star (Butler's latest vehicle, surfing picture "Chasing Mavericks," just came out to the ninth-worst wide-release opening weekend in history). But having just landed a distributor, in the shape of FilmDistrict, the company behind "Drive," it does have one advantage, in being the first film in the theaters, now being set for an April 5th, 2013 release date.

Not every such duel is won by the first in theaters (see "Deep Impact" and "Mirror Mirror"), but with two such similar premises, FilmDistrict definitely has a chance at acting as a spoiler for their Sony-backed rival. That said, the film's got some tough demographic competition -- the similarly coup-themed "G.I. Joe Retaliation" opens the week before, Sandra Bullock/Melissa McCarthy comedy "The Heat" has the same release date, as does the 3D rerelease of "Jurassic Park," and "The Evil Dead" remake follows the week after. Frankly, the smart money is still on the Tatum/Emmerich picture, but maybe some footage from one or the other will change our minds. "Olympus Has Fallen" hits theaters on April 5th, 2013, with "White House Down" following on June 28th. [Variety]

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/fil...h-2013-20121029

view post Posted on 30/10/2012, 18:12

He's a lion that I am proud to hunt

Group:
Moderatore globale

CITAZIONE
Il favorito, secondo l'articolo, sarebbe il secondo, perchè è diretto da Roland Emmerich, ha un buon sceneggiatore, James Vanderbilt e anche un cast migliore...
La cosa positiva è che il film di Gerry esce prima.

e menomale che una cosa positiva c'è :mmm: se spostano di nuovo l'uscita è la fine,spero restino nei tempi prefissati!

view post Posted on 26/1/2013, 12:27

Group:
Moderatore globale

lungo articolo/intervista al regista Fuqua in cui parla di quanto abbia lavorato velocemente per mettere insieme il film e ci racconta un pò l'idea del film stesso :)

Olympus Has Fallen: Director Antoine Fuqua Talks Trailer Debut

Movie Fanatic was summoned to a Hollywood editing studio for a visit with director Antoine Fuqua as he put the finishing touches on his recently premiered Olympus Has Fallen trailer.

The director, whose last film gave us such stellar Training Day quotes, talked to us about the movie that follows Gerard Butler as a Secret Service Agent trying to save the President (Aaron Eckhart) from North Korean terrorists who have taken over the White House. Moments after he was done with the teaser, he showed it to Movie Fanatic and then… we asked his first impressions.

“I’m pretty excited about it,” Fuqua said.

Given the fact that this entire production was put together at warp speed, the helmer seems pretty pleased with what he sees… as do we. “I literally prepped this movie in six weeks. But the thing about it is that I hired great people -- smart technical people to help me. We built the White House ourselves in an empty freeway lot [in Louisiana]. Because of the technology today, we built Washington! I’m really proud of it and what we pulled off. And... I’m still working on it.”

Olympus Has Fallen lands in theaters quite soon and Fuqua admitted to being up to his ears in work to this day. “We are literally approving 200 shots a day and the movie has to be in theaters on March 22nd. I’ve never ever made a movie in this short of time. It does put a certain pressure on you,” he admitted. “You are going to see some scenes for yourself.”

Then, the helmer showed off a scene that takes place near the beginning of the film where Butler’s character is chaperoning the President and First Lady’s son in a caravan with the First Family leaving Camp David. Suddenly, the blinding snow causes a horrible accident. Butler swings into action to save the First Lady, and as shown in the newly released teaser… he does not succeed.

Butler, fresh off of Chasing Mavericks, envelops a character that is so distraught over the loss that he leaves the Presidential detail and joins the Treasury Department (that puts him geographically near the White House when the titular attack occurs).

Fuqua was taken by conversations he had with real Secret Service Agents and how they would react to tragedy. “One thing I learned from these guys and you know this as well because you know history: The Secret Service job is either 100-percent success or 100-percent failure. There is no in between for them," Fuqua said.

"Kennedy dies, it’s a failure. First Lady dies, it’s a failure. Your job is to protect the President. Even when Reagan got shot, that’s a failure. The fact he was even hit with a bullet and could have died, it was a failure. Their job is so extreme. For a guy like Banning (Butler), who’s always there to protect and put his life on the line for what he believes in, to remove himself because he felt he failed is quite real."

The director took inspiration from those charged with protecting President Kennedy. "There were a lot of guys who were involved in the Kennedy assassination, as far as Secret Service guys, who went through serious depression and alcoholism," he said.

"A lot of these guys go through so much emotionally when it happens because their job is prevention. It shouldn’t happen. Just like 9/11 shouldn’t have happened. One mistake… one time, these things can happen.”

Fuqua believes he’s achieved a classic hero’s journey with Olympus Has Fallen, perhaps a polar opposite journey of his main character in his last directorial effort, Training Day. “It’s like going into the belly of the beast, which is the White House," Fuqua said. Butler's character wants back in, but doesn't feel he deserves it. "It shows that if you ask for something, you might get it. Not exactly the way you want it, but it’s coming right at you."

The villains in this film are the North Koreans and Fuqua found that given their place in the world currently, and how films have overdone other geopolitical foes, it was a perfect fit.

“The Middle East has been done and done. You know that story. We’ve dealt with that. It seems to me, and we talk about this a lot, North Korea is the black spot on the globe. There is the least known about the country. They don’t let anybody in. They don’t let cameras in," Fuqua said.

"There was a great special on CNN that Lisa Ling narrated where they snuck cameras in and they showed public executions, people starving on the street. It’s a dangerous place. It’s so close to South Korea, it’s right at the border. Part of the thing we deal with in our movie is the Seventh Fleet, which is there to keep the peace and make sure North Korea stays in place.”

What also feels so real is in the footage we saw, the attackers come at the White House posing as tourists, something that sadly, could really happen.

“You see them getting off the bus. It’s set up, and that’s what I enjoyed about it. Anyone can come to this country and that is the beauty of it. It’s also scary, we all see people walking down Pennsylvania Avenue all the time. I’m sure they run these scenarios. For a movie, it’s great to explore. The attack happens [in the movie] on July 5. It’s the classic tale of hitting them while they sleep,” Fuqua said.

The director is still keenly aware that a film is meant to enlighten and entertain. “It’s a balance because it is supposed to be fun and it is a take over the White House movie but I wanted to make it feel authentic. I wanted you to believe this could happen, and I want you to think about that.”

Read more movie news at: http://www.moviefanatic.com/2013/01/olympu.../#ixzz2J50zNDWO

simcio
view post Posted on 11/3/2013, 10:19

Piccolo contributo
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1070/foto.pdf
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/4757/art.pdf

trascrizione:

Gerard Butler “Torno a fare l’eroe per salvare l’America”

L’attore pratognista di “Attacco al potere”:ma anche nella vita aiuto chi è in difficoltà
NEW YORK, lorenzo soria

Gerard Butler vorrebbe uscire dall’immagine dell’action hero. E, bisogna dargliene atto, ci prova. A nove anni da quando il mondo lo ha scoperto con una maschera addosso ne Il fantasma dell’opera e a sei da quando se l’è tolta per diventare il formidabile re Leonida di Sparta, l’attore scozzese ha provato ad andare in varie direzioni, ma non ha mai saputo ripetere il successo di 300.

E’ stato in commedie romantiche come Non è mai troppo tardi per dirlo con Hilary Swank, o Il cacciatore con Jennifer Aniston e Quello che so sull’amore di Gabriele Muccino. Ma il pubblico da lui vuole azione. E risponderà quando tra poco lo vedrà in Attacco al potere, in cui è il capo delle guardie del corpo del presidente Usa (Aaron Eckhart) che, a seguito di un incidente che porta alla morte della First Lady, viene licenziato. Ma quando il presidente viene preso in ostaggio alla Casa Bianca, e i terroristi stanno per far esplodere nei loro silos tutti gli ordigni nucleari Usa, il nostro torna e salva tutti.

Ha interpretato e anche prodotto questo film. Cosa ha visto nel suo personaggio?
«Un uomo che ha tutto, che diventa amico personale del presidente, che tratta il figlio come se fosse il suo. Un giorno la First Lady muore in un incidente e lui diventa il capro espiatorio. Ma poi la Casa Bianca si trova sotto assedio e a difenderla resta solo lui che si ritrova a dovere combattere non solo i terroristi ma i suoi demoni. E anche se ha tutto contro ci prova, perchè è uno pronto a prendersi una pallottola per il suo presidente, ma è anche uno che le pallottole preferisce scaricarle sugli altri».

Lei, per chi prenderebbe una pallottola?
«Non ho mai preso pallottole ma nella mia vita ho fatto la mia bella dose di stupidaggini. Una volta in un pub in Scozia sono intervenuto per fermare una rissa tra sei persone e me le sono prese da tutti. No, non ero sbronzo ma non ero nemmeno sobrio. Un’altra ho visto un camioncino che stava per prendere fuoco, sono salito su un bus che stava passando, ho strappato l’estintore e ho spento l’incendio. Non cerco di essere un eroe ma se vedo qualcuno in difficoltà cerco di aiutarlo e spero che se un giorno sarò in difficoltà io qualcuno verrà in mio soccorso».

Il suo prossimo film sarà Thunder Run, sull’operazione militare che dieci anni fa ha portato alla caduta di Baghdad. Un’operazione, a secondo dei punti di vista, brillante o catastrofica.
«Non so se sarà il mio prossimo film, ma la sceneggiatura è ottima. E’ uno studio di quei tre giorni che hanno portato alla caduta di Baghdad e vedi la vittoria militare ma anche una serie di tremendi errori».

C’è chi sostiene che lei è virile e giocoso come un altro attore scozzese, Sean Connery.
«Ogni paragone con Sean Connery mi manda in Paradiso».

È duro con se stesso?
«Sì, parecchio. A volte penso anzi che se ci fossero persone che mi trattano come mi tratto io non potrei definirle amici. Ma sto diventando più maturo e sono un po’ meno severo. Se sbaglio, pazienza».

Parliamo di Madalina Ghenea, l’attrice-modella rumena con cui esce da un anno, per lei un record. Che cosa ha imparato?
«Che gli uomini e le donne sono creature molto differenti. E che se le relazioni sono difficili per tutti, per noi attori lo sono ancora di più. Sono sempre stato molto indipendente e motivato. Fai un lavoro, finisci, avanti col prossimo. Ma quando sei in una relazione ti passa la voglia di lavorare, in questo momento me ne starei con Madalina in Thailandia. Ed ecco, questo è il mio prossimo obiettivo: trovare il punto di equilibrio».

Fonte

Edited by sabrinta - 11/3/2013, 12:50

view post Posted on 11/3/2013, 10:49

Group:
Moderatore globale

grazie Simo :D

CITAZIONE
Una volta in un pub in Scozia sono intervenuto per fermare una rissa tra sei persone e me le sono prese da tutti. No, non ero sbronzo ma non ero nemmeno sobrio. Un’altra ho visto un camioncino che stava per prendere fuoco, sono salito su un bus che stava passando, ho strappato l’estintore e ho spento l’incendio.

il nostro eroe :occhilucidi:

CITAZIONE
Ma quando sei in una relazione ti passa la voglia di lavorare, in questo momento me ne starei con Madalina in Thailandia.

:fisch: :fisch:

CITAZIONE
E’ stato in commedie romantiche come Non è mai troppo tardi per dirlo con Hilary Swank, o Il cacciatore con Jennifer Aniston

gli Italiani,sempre precisissimi... XD

view post Posted on 11/3/2013, 11:55

Group:
Administrator

Madalina chi? :fisch:
Comunque,a parte gli strafalcioni cinematografici nell'approssimazione dei titoli,mi pare un articolo abbastanza onesto!

gemini78
view post Posted on 11/3/2013, 17:04

CITAZIONE
«Non so se sarà il mio prossimo film

Ecco... o se farò mai più dei film, a questo punto :ops:

view post Posted on 11/3/2013, 19:05

Group:
Administrator

Non condivido il 'mai più'... magari si prende una pausa,si gode un po' la vita e fa un rientro in grande stile quando è il momento...Daniel Day lewis è stato anni senza lavorare,facendo l'orologiaio,finchè gli hanno proposto un copione decente...e direi che ne valeva la pena:ha incassato due oscar così,quasi senza respirare! ;)

view post Posted on 11/3/2013, 19:17

Group:
Moderatore globale

ma no dai,io credo che intenda che non sa quando partono le riprese,evidentemente è ancora tutto un pò in forse(nonostante le voci per luglio) ;)

io spero in una parentesi teatrale,fa bene a molti :D

gemini78
view post Posted on 11/3/2013, 19:56

Ragazze.. era ironico :D

Vorrei però aggiungere che Gerry non è DDL, non è un attore quotato, ricercato da registi.
Gerry ha alle spalle vari flop e può darsi che a Hollywood ora non sia neppure molto quotato e se non ci si da da fare lì fanno presto a dimenticarti. Ogni giorno spuntano nuovi attori.

view post Posted on 13/3/2013, 00:04

Group:
Moderatore globale

una delle tante interviste rilasciate in questi giorni :)

Interview With Gerard Butler On Olympus Has Fallen

It always seems like Gerard Butler is either kicking bad-guy ass in high profile action flicks or stealing a woman’s heart in some cheery romantic comedy, but thankfully for the male demographic his newest role sees him rescuing the president after the White House is taken by terrorists in the upcoming film Olympus Has Fallen. Doing his best John McClane impression, Butler attempts to recreate Die Hard in a political setting, while both facing off and working with a star-studded cast.

At the recent New York City press day for Olympus Has Fallen, I had the privilege of sitting down with Gerard and hearing about his experiences on the film while he playfully jested with the few of us present. Whether it was trying to sneak up on us before entering the room or correcting one of my colleague’s grammar, Butler’s personality was jovial and uplifting, making this one of the funnier conversations I’ve been lucky enough to partake in.

Check it out below.

Butler started off by telling us what drew him to Olympus Has Fallen, pointing towards a real sense of heroics and personal strength he saw in his character
:

Gerard Butler: I read the script, and I was immediately blown away by what a ballsy, audacious concept this was, about an attack being carried out on the White House from every direction, and the genius of moving through the inside and how once the White House is taken, the whole world comes to a stop in a way. What happens then? What’s that standoff situation? How do you make that as fascinating and compelling as possible? A president being held for ransom, demands that could change the planet, one man inside there who has to find information, find out a purpose, find out any way to defeat them, how to establish communications with the outside – that’s the dressing, the flesh. The bones, or the heart of the story is all about heroism and how there are heroes in every person in every situation, and how these impossible challenges bring out the hero in all of us.

I also felt it had a lot of themes. It had the political themes, but also had the more personal, intimate themes we could all universally connect with about sacrifice, courage, and about facing up to a challenge in life. What do the most difficult, impossible challenges bring out of us in our darkest hour, what do we do? I think that in a lot of ways you finish this movie with a lot of patriotism if you’re an American, but I think it’s a sense of community because these aren’t just attacks on America – these are attacks on the world. It could just as easily be the House of Parliament or anywhere, so we all connect with that and we make it an attack on ourselves, on our people – our good people, our innocent people, the people that are servicing our country. As you can see, as I’m talking way too much, it brought out a lot in me.

Butler was then asked about the militaristic and governmental details he learned on Olympus Has Fallen, being about a hypothetical attack on the White House and the government’s realistic response. We jested if he’d been put on any blacklists for knowing too much, but thankfully Gerard assured us this wasn’t the case:

Gerard Butler: No, I didn’t actually, but I might be now!

No, we didn’t, and that’s probably why we didn’t film in Washington and did down in Shreveport, Louisiana. We used that North/South divide.

Listen, on the one hand, we want to make this attack as visceral, plausible, and calculated as possible, in a way that an audience will sit there and say “Holy shit, this is really happening, or this could happen!” We used a lot of very important specialists in doing that who said “these are ways you can do it.” However, they didn’t tell us everything. There’s plenty more they would have up their sleeves in such a situation, and you also use a bit of poetic license. It’s a heightened reality – there’s certain things you do that maybe wouldn’t have happened, but you even pull that down and you make it look like it could. So when you’re watching this attack, it all makes perfect sense.

That was a thing we said, “How would you do it. How would this happen, and if that happened how would they do it, and if…so on and so on.” You make it as methodically planned out as possible. The more methodical and precise it would be – that’s what’s shocking. That’s what leaves you breathless and kind of ripped apart by the end as suddenly the White House has been taken down, it’s been seized by terrorists, and the president is now a hostage in an impenetrable underground bunker – and nobody can do shit after that. You can have an army of one million people but it doesn’t matter, you cannot do anything in that situation. That’s the genius of the plan, and then, then you have a movie.

Throughout Olympus Has Fallen, Gerard Butler spends a lot of time by himself – whether it’s talking into his headset with the government officials guiding him or stealthily sneaking through the White House. We asked Gerard how it was working in these scenarios, and surprisingly he liked it:

Gerard Butler: Oh it’s great for me! I don’t have to worry about [other actors] remembering their lines, or screwing up mine because they’re going “Wait a minute, you’re not supposed to say that!” I know, it’s fine, I say what I want [Laughing].

No, it’s mixed because it is great to create these scenes on your own. One of my favorite movies is I Am Legend, and some of the best stuff in the movie is when [Will Smith is alone], in fact it’s when everybody else got involved with the movie that I found I wasn’t as interested because watching Will Smith doin’ his stuff there was so fascinating, and so important.

But it’s a challenge because to keep that interesting when you’re going through the White House, because my big thing during scripting was “I cannot just be walking around this White House, what am I doing? What am I looking for? What’s my next move? What am I trying to find? What information am I gathering? How can I get in touch with them? Let’s keep this more involved so you’re with him every step of the way.” I’m never making a move where I don’t know where I’m going or why I’m going. I’m always moving by stealth, trying to get to particular places or take somebody out. That’s the challenge, and that’s what makes it exciting, and yet at the same time it’s fun to act with people. It’s fun to actually be in the same scene with other people because you start to go a little bit crazy on your own.

We had to step in of course and ask: “Did you go a little crazy on your own? You had all these great actors like Morgan Freeman, Aaron Eckhart, and Melissa Leo, yet you’re not with them all the time.”

Gerard Butler: Yeah, it could be a little weird. It’s like life – I love to be on my own, I love to spend time on my own, but I go a little crazy when I do. I was on-set every day watching Morgan doing his scenes with Robert Forrester, Angela Bassett, and real people who have been in those crisis rooms, all sitting there. Then I’m watching Aaron, Melissa, and Rick Yune in the bunker and I’m kind of like, “Shit, I want to be there!” Then you’re told, “You’re off there! Go to that empty corridor and I’ll be with you in a minute!” But then again, that’s all part of making a great movie.

But with such a taxing role to play and Gerard being only a mere human, we wondered how Butler shook his secret service mentality after the film wrapped, and more importantly how he shook off the role. Of course he opened with humor again:

Gerard Butler: Ah, you’re assuming I’m a human. Yes, as a human [Laughs].

Physically, it was a little tough because you take a beating. I dive into these roles, I don’t think long term, which you should because there’s been too many movies where I’ve picked up these silly injuries. So you go in and you’re diving around – I had a bruise all around my arm, it was all black, at one point it looked like a cadaver. I had a bruise up the back of my leg, all the way to my knee. I was hit in the eye by a bullet casing that ricocheted off a wall and hit me. Loads of cuts and bruises – but you do it. You do it because you’re in it. I’m not trying to sound like a badass, but when you’re doing it you’re just in the moment, full of adrenaline, but then when the movie finishes you kind of go “Awww, oww! Shit that hurt!” With time that goes away.

Emotionally, I always find I have a period of a week or two where I go on a bit of a downer, partly because of the character, partly because you don’t know what you’re doing. It’s like a divorce in a way, a divorce and a house move, a new city. You’ve got to remind everyone you’re back, you no longer know what you’re doing from 6AM on, you’re trying to make up your own day – it’s always a bit of a transition.

Going along with all the information Butler learned on-set, we asked what he specifically found interesting about the specialist’s knowledge:

Gerard Butler: There’s all the gadgets, there’s all the tactical awareness strategy, being creative, thinking on your feet – which again was something important to me going in there. What’s going to keep this fascinating, how do you improvise? Those guys can train until the cows come home, but it doesn’t matter. It very rarely goes the way you expect it to go. So, you’ve got to be ready to think in a split second and change your plan, or have backup plans. All of that I found fascinating, but what I connected to was their heart and soul, and their strength of character, their courage, their fearlessness. Even the darkness they have inside them in terms of that willingness to hurt those who would hurt them or the people they protect from harm. (SMALL SPOILER TO FOLLOW)

For instance, there’s an element of this that’s an inside job, and the way they talked about that, if one of their men was to turn on them, what would happen, and you see the passion in their eyes. One of those guys was telling me this, and he had a slash down his neck from a knife wound. One of the other guys was telling me this, and he had a bullet wound. Both of them were moments from death, so you know you’re listening to guys that have been there, and yet their salt of the Earth. They’re good, humble, real people who at the same time have a courage beyond anything I can even comprehend. I can comprehend it, but I’m not there. I like to pretend that I am, but that’s what I love. Their dedication to their country, to their friends, and just how loyal they are. That phrase “Are you willing to take a bullet,” those guys were so willing to take a bullet to do what they believed.

Such a great note to end it on.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/intervi...olympus-fallen/

gemini78
view post Posted on 13/3/2013, 13:20

CITAZIONE
I was immediately blown away

Ecco Gerry, sei sempre troppo "blown away"

CITAZIONE
because my big thing during scripting ...

ha partecipato anche qui alla stesura del copione? :mmm:

CITAZIONE
I was hit in the eye by a bullet casing that ricocheted off a wall and hit me.

e figurarsi :rolleyes:

gemini78
view post Posted on 13/3/2013, 18:28

Olympus Has Fallen -- but I Think It Will Rise Mighty High at the Box Office!

"There's Harvey Weinstein."

"No it's not. Why would he be at somebody else's premiere?"

"I'm telling you. It's Harvey, on his iPad."

So went a little argument at the jam-packed screening of the new action thriller Olympus Has Fallen. Turns out, it was the great and powerful wizard of Weinstein. He and an overflow crowd sat patiently, if noisily, awaiting the new Gerard Butler movie. Mr. Butler, slimmer and better-looking in person, was also there, as was one of his co-stars, the fabulous Angela Bassett. Mr. Butler was in high spirits. At one point, attempting to greet writer Paul Haggis across several rows of chairs, laughing, Butler said, "Damn! I want to kiss you on the lips. We'll have to wait till later!"

Andrew Saffir's The Cinema Society and Roger Dubuis (luxurious watches) put this together, and even Andrew was amazed by the crowd. Extra chairs were pulled out and several dozen simply stood for two hours in the aisles of the Tribeca Grand Screening Room. They didn't mind.
Olympus Has Fallen tells the tale of a group of North Korean terrorists (the Middle Eastern terrorist is somewhat exhausted for now). They want the U.S. to pull its ships and troops away from the DMZ, the better to conquer South Korea. These bad guys literally invade the White House, and only one man can save the captured president (Aaron Eckhart) -- Secret Service man Gerard Butler. To say one has to suspend disbelief is the understatement of the decade. The movie directed by Antoine Fuqua, is hilariously, exhilaratingly improbable. It is also like 10 other movies I've seen, most of them called Die Hard or Lethal Weapon or Air Force One. Originality -- except for the White House being taken -- is hard to come by here. But, the audience was with it 100 percent. Every muttered wisecrack from Butler, every time a villain was killed, every time somebody good escaped, the place would erupt appreciatively.

I don't know that conservatives are going to love it. There's some suggestion that the U.S. has brought this horror upon itself, with its international butting in. And MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell is seen frequently, giving the nation grim news unfolding. But it all ends in super-patriotism, with the stars and stripes billowing proudly. When the lights came up, the applause was clamorous, and when Gerard Butler stood and tried to take leave, he was mobbed. (In a way that was more exciting than anything in the movie.) Gerard also had quite an amiable chat with Mr. Weinstein, a good friend for whom he has often worked. Last year he did Coriolanus for The Weinstein Co.

Olympus Has Fallen is extraordinarily satisfying for those who like this sort of thing. And millions do! I see big box office.

Oh, Morgan Freeman appears here as the Speaker of the House and Ashley Judd has a cameo in Olympus. She plays the First Lady! Perhaps her final film role before she enters politics?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/liz-smith/ol..._b_2866986.html

view post Posted on 13/3/2013, 19:08

Group:
Administrator

...è vero,il film non è 'originale',ma è catarticamente spettacolare!

view post Posted on 13/3/2013, 22:48

Group:
Moderatore globale

e dai che ce la facciamo stavolta,vai OHF :alè:

23 replies since 30/10/2012, 12:58   709 views